• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Congress Mandates Breath Tests for ALL Drivers?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I ran across this video that indicates that Congress has ALREADY PASSSED this particular statute in
H.R.3684 - Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021-2022. Supposedly the statute is involved in monitoring the driver and potentially controlling the vehicle if an algorithm determines the driver may be impaired. This is supposed to go into effect in 2026. However, Ford and Volvo are supposedly implementing "some" of this technology in 2024. Checkout time stamp 2:30 in the video. I am going to do further digging into the statute.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Feels a little like a 4th amendment violation to me, but I'm no lawyer. Punishing the masses for the sins of the few seems to be the new direction in DC. Let us know what you find out. We the people have to maintain our freedoms on our own these days.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Feels a little like a 4th amendment violation to me, but I'm no lawyer. Punishing the masses for the sins of the few seems to be the new direction in DC. Let us know what you find out. We the people have to maintain our freedoms on our own these days.
Just try Googling, "Congressional Drunk Driver Detection Mandate".
You decide. For me, this is a control issue. We have it. They want it.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Testing for bad breath, seems odd, lol. 😂😂

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Eh, good I suppose. Need to mandate signal blockers so you can’t scroll your phone while driving, that seems to be the new killer too.

just make for the fully autonomous networked electric vehicles already
FAN EVs

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Just try Googling, "Congressional Drunk Driver Detection Mandate".
You decide. For me, this is a control issue. We have it. They want it.
When there are reports of a persons 4th and 5th dui infraction it indicates enforcement appears adaptive. Instead of the added expense (for the equipment) when a dui is convicted they’ve convinced those that be its in everyone’s best interest to maintain control and therefore liability? Oddly the speed limit seems to be optional?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Eh, good I suppose. Need to mandate signal blockers so you can’t scroll your phone while driving, that seems to be the new killer too.

just make for the fully autonomous networked electric vehicles already
FAN EVs
Autonomous for those that either suck at driving or don't want to. Get rid of the nannies for those of us that still love the driving experience. I'm a private pilot and still I refuse to use autopilot in the aircraft I rent to fly. Always liked being in control of the entire vehicle. Makes me a better driver/pilot.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
That’s what private tracks will be for, I’m in Michigan and we already have several.

private garage with track access starts at 400 thousand.
A group of a few guys all get together throw 100 grand a piece in, now you can store your toys, buy and drive non vin race cars.
It’s just the future being rolled out before our eyes.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran across this video that indicates that Congress has ALREADY PASSSED this particular statute in
H.R.3684 - Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021-2022. Supposedly the statute is involved in monitoring the driver and potentially controlling the vehicle if an algorithm determines the driver may be impaired. This is supposed to go into effect in 2026. However, Ford and Volvo are supposedly implementing "some" of this technology in 2024. Checkout time stamp 2:30 in the video. I am going to do further digging into the statute.
…by the dashboard light

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I have been reading about this on the conservative web sites for a couple of weeks now and it poses an interesting problem. I am the permanently designated driver because I never drink but I have driven with a car full of people who shouldn't drive. Will they set off the alarm so I can't drive? Fortunately I intend to use this car for the remainder of my life so as long as we take my car, it shouldn't be a problem. I hope I don't have to try to drive one of theirs.
As for detection in the 2024 car, there is logic that detects if you drift off using the camera in the car and the steering wheel movement. It's not a problem for me as most of the time I have a difficult time sleeping if anything is going on. Driving is sufficient to keep me wide awake and I know when I am far too tired to drive.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
What the heck would happen if you took cough mecidine? Lol!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been reading about this on the conservative web sites for a couple of weeks now and it poses an interesting problem. I am the permanently designated driver because I never drink but I have driven with a car full of people who shouldn't drive. Will they set off the alarm so I can't drive? Fortunately I intend to use this car for the remainder of my life so as long as we take my car, it shouldn't be a problem. I hope I don't have to try to drive one of theirs.
As for detection in the 2024 car, there is logic that detects if you drift off using the camera in the car and the steering wheel movement. It's not a problem for me as most of the time I have a difficult time sleeping if anything is going on. Driving is sufficient to keep me wide awake and I know when I am far too tired to drive.
How did the seat belt interlock get repealed?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Combine this with auto stop start and it could make for some interesting traffic flows.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Strange, I thought Congress will filled with the "muh freedum" types. How not shocking.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Strange, I thought Congress will filled with the "muh freedum" types. How not shocking.
This all went through before the Republicans regained the house. As tempting as one party rule could be, our government was designed to make it difficult to happen because tyranny tends to be the result. It can happen to either party but the goals of the parties will be different.
Sponsored