• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cruise Control - Manual Transmission

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I finally got a chance to try Cruise Control today.
I used the switch on the steering wheel to turn it on and the panel indicator was displayed with my current speed of 45. However, when I took my foot off the accelerator, the car continued to slow down. I tapped the "SET+" button a few times and the display changed, but the car did not.
I then tried the Adaptive Cruise Control. It works as expected.
I'll try again tomorrow when there's less traffic.
Sponsored

Reactions: mks

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Interesting, so you’re saying the normal cruise control doesn’t hold the speed, only the adaptive does?

I just tried mine minutes ago to check, both work fine. Try the X/Restart button instead of Set+. And maybe make sure the intelligent speed limit isn’t engaged thus slowing down your car.

Reactions: DCS
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, so you’re saying the normal cruise control doesn’t hold the speed, only the adaptive does?

I just tried mine minutes ago to check, both work fine. Try the X/Restart button instead of Set+. And maybe make sure the intelligent speed limit isn’t engaged thus slowing down your car.
Will do so tomorrow.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

“Intelligent Speed Limit”? Where is that?

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
The button on the bottom left of the wheel is not a cruse button. It limits the top speed to a set value similar to cruse but does not maintain speed. Or that is how it behaves in my DH 6MT

Last edited:
Reactions: mks
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The button on the bottom left of the weel is not a cruse button. It limits the top speed to a set value similar to cruse. Or that is how it behaves in my DH 6MT
According to the manual (page 208) that button simply switches Cruise Control On & Off (toggle). Setting the speed is done with SET+ & SET-.

CORRECTION:
The manual is incorrect. YOU are correct! There is no "Cruise Control On/Off button I can find on the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
According to the manual (page 208) that button simply switches Cruise Control On & Off (toggle). Setting the speed is done with SET+ & SET-.

CORRECTION:
The manual is incorrect. YOU are correct! There is no "Cruise Control On/Off button I can find on the steering wheel.
I did not read the manual, I found it via trail and error. It is a nice function thar has saved me from a few tickets. It is very possible I have it set to "intelligent speed limiter" toggle on and off. In the mystery steering wheel button thread it references page 229 and a photo of that button.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not read the manual, I found it via trail and error. It is a nice function thar has saved me from a few tickets. It is very possible I have it set to "intelligent speed limiter" toggle on and off. In the mystery steering wheel button thread it references page 229 and a photo of that button.
I had a chance to test "regular" Cruise Control this morning. I could not turn it on with the buttons available. I have to use "Adaptive Cruise Control. Then the Set+ & Set- buttons work. See attached.

S650 Mustang Cruise Control - Manual Transmission IMG_2097.JPG

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I had a chance to test "regular" Cruise Control this morning. I could not turn it on with the buttons available. I have to use "Adaptive Cruise Control. Then the Set+ & Set- buttons work. See attached.

IMG_2097.JPG
I understood the cruise button on the wheel to activate/deactivate whichever cruise mode is selected in the settings.

Question re: normal/standard cruise vs adaptive, why? Adaptive is nice (if optioned) even with a manual it will slow and go and supports gear changes without deactivating.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understood the cruise button on the wheel to activate/deactivate whichever cruise mode is selected in the settings.

Question re: normal/standard cruise vs adaptive, why? Adaptive is nice (if optioned) even with a manual it will slow and go and supports gear changes without deactivating.
Adaptive is nice and it does work. However, the Ford manual is wrong. I don't have a choice.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Adaptive is nice and it does work. However, the Ford manual is wrong. I don't have a choice.
Wholeheartedly agree with verifying capabilities as documented but was curious as a side note to the advantage of standard vs adaptive.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wholeheartedly agree with verifying capabilities as documented but was curious as a side note to the advantage of standard vs adaptive.
None.

It just irritates me that the manual, which can easily be updated, is wrong!
Sponsored