• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cruise control is out of control!!!

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Nothing to do with cruise control, but I met a friend the other day for lunch. When I came out of the restaurant, I started my car and put it in "D" with my foot still on the brake. The rear tires started spinning like it was almost being brake torqued. Scared the crap out of me. Rear tires kept spinning and I eased my foot off the brake slightly. Car traveled about 30 feet or so and it stop doing whatever it was doing. Hasn't done it since.
Sponsored

Phrawst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium DMG PP
I'd agree with testing the speed sign recognition going past the same sign if possible. We discovered my wife's Honda would always mis-read a particular 65 sign near our house as 100. Even got a pic of it.
S650 Mustang Cruise control is out of control!!! SpeedZone

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I'd agree with testing the speed sign recognition going past the same sign if possible. We discovered my wife's Honda would always mis-read a particular 65 sign near our house as 100. Even got a pic of it.
SpeedZone.jpg
Oddly the speed sign in the dash in the clip from the op doesn’t change, just the set cruise speed.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Nothing to do with cruise control, but I met a friend the other day for lunch. When I came out of the restaurant, I started my car and put it in "D" with my foot still on the brake. The rear tires started spinning like it was almost being brake torqued. Scared the crap out of me. Rear tires kept spinning and I eased my foot off the brake slightly. Car traveled about 30 feet or so and it stop doing whatever it was doing. Hasn't done it since.
Almost wonder if you had the fob in your pocket and inadvertently activated remote rev

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
😧😧😧

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Almost wonder if you had the fob in your pocket and inadvertently activated remote rev
I did have the fob in my front pocket. Like I said, it scared the crap out of me. It was almost like the accelerator was stuck briefly. I was afraid if I took my foot off of the brake it would just take off.

Phrawst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium DMG PP
Oddly the speed sign in the dash in the clip from the op doesn’t change, just the set cruise speed.
Yeah, I saw that and thought it was odd that it decided to jump in speed. I'd hope there isn't a disconnect between the display and what gets sent to the cruise control but seeing if it does it by the same sign, or if it kicks up after passing a sign, could be more info for the dealer.

OP
OP

Mritz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang ecoboost premium
I did have the fob in my front pocket. Like I said, it scared the crap out of me. It was almost like the accelerator was stuck briefly. I was afraid if I took my foot off of the brake it would just take off.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
So I wanted to show everyone the issue with the cruise control. Please note, that I did not touch anything on the steering wheel or the accelerator. Went from the set speed of 68 to 80 without touching anything! Going back to the dealer in a few weeks to get this fixed. certainly a safety issue.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/N9GNcRFijXQvy8eq6
Must be the ghost going for a faster ride!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Something about that 60 mile per hour sign. The software closed the loop when it saw the sign covering 60 into 80. You should take a picture of that sign as ford may need to see it in order to correct the software. Clearly a bug in the software and why you can't completely trust automation. You still need a human in the loop to provide common sense.
Sponsored