• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cordless Vacuum Recommendations

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Anyone have any recommendations on a cordless vacuum for detailing? I have a shopvac, but before trying to add a bunch of attachments more suited for the inside of my mustang looking to see if anyone has found one that works well. I see millions on Amazon, but assuming that these are all trash, 10 min battery life and/or very little suction.

Thanks.
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Good question. I'm looking for the same. My shop vac is just too bulky to deal with. Subscribed...

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I have a Ridgid cordless. It is ok for quick jobs. Its not for deep cleaning. Battery lasts good enough which has lifetime replacement. The vacuum has lifetime also. It comes with an attachment assortment .

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Cordless don't last very long, and performance is never as good as corded.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTL

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I think one would be better off getting a wall mount corded. Maybe one that could be taken off the wall for more remote jobs.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
I have had this one for over 10 years. It works with my DeWalt 20V batteries so that's a plus. I have a drill and sawzall. So when I need to vacuum I just use those batteries. I have replaced my batteries once I believe in 10 years, but again, I mainly use it for the cordless drill. The vacuum is plenty strong. Also good for deep cleaning getting wet leaves or debris out when you open the hood or trunk, you know that debris that collects in the crevices.

Dewalt-DCV580H
Cordless-Wet-Dry-Vacuum

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Wife has tried numerous handheld cordless vac's for around the house. We've had the dustbuster® AdvancedClean™ Cordless Handheld Vacuum for a couple of years now it does a pretty good job. I've used it a few times on the truck, does better than expected. Not as good as my Wet/Dry Vac, but good enough for quick stuff.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm using a M18 Milwaukee at the moment. I only use this for quick clean ups to avoid dragging out my shop vac to deal. The only thing not included is a brush attachment, but those are freely available on Amazon.

M18™ Compact Vacuum (milwaukeetool.com)
Amazon.com : Horse Hair Dusting Brush Dust Tool Replace Attachment/For Vacuum Cleaner 32-35mm

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations IMG_6345

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations IMG_6347

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations IMG_6398

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations IMG_6428

Would I use this to deal with the below? No, it's not that capable.

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations IMG-5398

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations IMG-9836

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations IMG-0306

But its ideal for times when all I need is to remove some light soiling, leaves, grass ect...................

S650 Mustang Cordless Vacuum Recommendations k8
Sponsored