• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Convertible Production Scheduled!

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
I got a vin that will not work on the site that lets you check progress. Went to the dealership. They can see it on their end.. Convertible being build June 5th, pick up date is the second week of July.
Sponsored

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
Follow up- Called Ford today. Have a 3rd vin and it still does not work on the site that tells you what stage your car is in. The lady could not figure out why it is not working either. She was nice though, and said that she would email me each week for updates. ( I really hope she does...) Latest is that now production is not going to happen starting today, like it was first reported, I have to wait three more weeks..stinks because my trade will have more miles on it.. and I will be given less $$.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It would make our day if you could start a thread, showing some of the cars going through production! šŸ˜ Or if we could get a photo of our car when it rolls off of the assembly line. For the special vehicles, like the Mustang, I think a photo should be supplied with every sale. That is something that requires minimum effort but creates a big impact on the overall experience. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Agreed. It's like, "Why isn't Ford doing this now?" I can appreciate expenses and all. Even if Ford breaks even on the idea, it's win/win for all of us.

Some Mustang models past were produced with an Owner Welcome Kit.

https://www.teamfordconnect.com/owner-welcome-kit

Having a VIN/car specific line assembly photo insert as part of a Mustang model booklet would be way cool.

If not included in the price of a package, provide photo/s and brochure as an option. Not looking to hit it out of the park. A general assembly photo any of us could take, along with a Mustang certificate, welcome letter, model brochure, etc.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Agreed. It's like, "Why isn't Ford doing this now?" I can appreciate expenses and all. Even if Ford breaks even on the idea, it's win/win for all of us.

Some Mustang models past were produced with an Owner Welcome Kit.

https://www.teamfordconnect.com/owner-welcome-kit

Having a VIN/car specific line assembly photo insert as part of a Mustang model booklet would be way cool.

If not included in the price of a package, provide photo/s and brochure as an option. Not looking to hit it out of the park. A general assembly photo any of us could take, along with a Mustang certificate, welcome letter, model brochure, etc.
I imagine it's not so much an "expense," thing, but there's a security and liability risk with revealing too much of their manufacturing process to the public, because you never know you might be watching those videos/photos.

There's some stuff that's common amongst all OEMs, but there is also stuff proprietary to Ford that the competition doens't need to know about.

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
Follow up- Called Ford today. Have a 3rd vin and it still does not work on the site that tells you what stage your car is in. The lady could not figure out why it is not working either. She was nice though, and said that she would email me each week for updates. ( I really hope she does...) Latest is that now production is not going to happen starting today, like it was first reported, I have to wait three more weeks..stinks because my trade will have more miles on it.. and I will be given less $$.
Keep us posted! Sounds promising šŸ¤©

nname05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford Mustang GT Cali Spec
Awesome news! Here's to many fun adventures in your new Mustang soon! Thank you for being part of the Ford family!
Well my build got pushed back to the week of 06/26 ā˜¹

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I checked on my convertible order yesterday for the first time in about a month. My "production week" has moved from 6/26 to 6/27. I'm devastated.

3 Golfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazada cx5,Dart, 335I, 2024 mustang(on order)
I checked on my convertible order yesterday for the first time in about a month. My "production week" has moved from 6/26 to 6/27. I'm devastated.
I got an e-mail from Ford that my car would be built the week of July 31st, my dealer said it will be built June 28th.

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
Still nothing.. Thought long and hard about this.. since I bought an Acura Integra last December, I have decided to keep it instead of the mustang. Anyone want my Mustang ecoboost premium?

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Ordered my GT conv 4/1 got vin two weeks later and build date of June 19th! I'm in NC so I have a longer warm season but still really hoping for a late July delivery. My birthday is mid-August! Itd be a great early bday present to myself haha
Also in Nc here. Build date for my GT convertible is July 31. Hopefully it will be here at the end of August!!!

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
July 13 build day per dealer today!
S650 Mustang Convertible Production Scheduled! Screenshot_20230523_233343

Hope it holds

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered my GT conv 4/1 got vin two weeks later and build date of June 19th! I'm in NC so I have a longer warm season but still really hoping for a late July delivery. My birthday is mid-August! Itd be a great early bday present to myself haha
Where in NC? Iā€™m on the east coast side. Ordered my convertible as well. Production start date is scheduled as 8/1. So Iā€™ll get some time with it before itā€™s too cold. Gonna be making some trips to Raleigh to break the engine in faster lmao.

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
Where in NC? Iā€™m on the east coast side. Ordered my convertible as well. Production start date is scheduled as 8/1. So Iā€™ll get some time with it before itā€™s too cold. Gonna be making some trips to Raleigh to break the engine in faster lmao.
Same. I ordered from Leith Ford in Wendell. I'm just outside of Raleigh. When I ordered in April, the sales guy said they had no other orders or allocations yet. Curious to see how many in our area there will be once we start seeing them on the streets.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same. I ordered from Leith Ford in Wendell. I'm just outside of Raleigh. When I ordered in April, the sales guy said they had no other orders or allocations yet. Curious to see how many in our area there will be once we start seeing them on the streets.
Iā€™m out in Greenville. I know my dealer here in town as a stock unit that is coming in that was going to be the one I wanted to order, but I made changes so they just ordered a second one for me and kept the original first order as dealer stock. So thereā€™s potential for 2 in this small city lol. But I will have the only bronze package it seems.

nname05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford Mustang GT Cali Spec
My build got pushed again to the week of July 10šŸ˜‘
Sponsored