• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clutch Pedal Extender?

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I couldn't figure out anywhere else to put it.

I'm 5'3 and I have to sit closer to the steering wheel than I'm comfortable with in order to to press the clutch pedal all the way in. My last Mustang was automatic so this wasn't an issue. I heard there are clutch pedal extenders that could help. Does anyone have experience with these? Is there something that's been tested with the S650 that I can try?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
This may be a dumb question but the steering wheel moves forward and backwards when unlocked. Have you tried pushing it all the way forward? It's a safety issue as well because if you too close to an airbag when it goes off, it can cause serious injuries.
I am on the other end of the scale at 5'14" and there is room for somebody taller than me but I need the wheel all the way out.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may be a dumb question but the steering wheel moves forward and backwards when unlocked. Have you tried pushing it all the way forward? It's a safety issue as well because if you too close to an airbag when it goes off, it can cause serious injuries.
I am on the other end of the scale at 5'14" and there is room for somebody taller than me but I need the wheel all the way out.
The steering wheel has been adjusted. I still feel too close to it. The airbag is a concern I have. I pray I'll never be in a situation that it has to go off, but in the event that it does, I want to be safe.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May or may not help. Page 129 in the manual indicates your chest needs to be 10 inches or more away from the wheel. You might need to recline the seat a bit to accomplish this but the manual indicates not more than 30 degrees from the upright position. I know for some people that isn't comfortable and my mom is one. She likes the seat almost vertical and I don't dare touch that adjustment when I take her car for service. Only move the seat back so I can get my legs under the column.

V10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Viper, '21 M2 Competition, '22 S1000RR
Look up Bondra Performance Pedal Extension. If the pedal hasnt changed for s650 it can be an option.

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, soon to be 2024 mustang gt premium
Am I the only one who laughed at 5'14"?

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5'14 definitely gave me a giggle.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I the only one who laughed at 5'14"?
No I did too. 6’ 2” No harm done maybe just testing us. 😂 lol.
5'14 definitely gave me a giggle.
I confess, I shamelessly ripped the line off about 40 years ago and have used when ever the question comes up. I think it was originally a line from Susan Anton and she probably was wearing heels at the time as her height is currently listed at 5'11". I can do that flat footed and heels really make me tower over everybody. Eventually I stopped wearing heels and dressed down because I was damaging expensive clothing on the sharp edges of the equipment I worked with. Tall dress clothes aren't cheap because you have to buy the good classic stuff.
My dad was 6'5" and my brother about the same as me. He married a San Francisco Chinese and they produced a son who is about 6'5" so tall is still in the family.
My favorite place to use the line is in the Doctors office. Sometimes it makes them stop and think. Other times, they just write it down and continue going down the list.
Sponsored