• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check engine light came on. 24 GT 6spd 7600mi

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Intake cam phasers will have a bias spring on them to pull them full advance by default and a locking pin to lock the phaser there when there is low / no oil pressure.

As when an engine cranks the high turn over friction will try and retard the camshaft, if it didn't lock before the engine stopped then this is a problem. and would cause the 22 and 52 codes.

I notice it has a slow response code as well so something is up with either the cam phaser or the control valve (ocv could be sticky / stuck or filled with crud) as it's unlikely that the camshaft has jumped a tooth on the chain so early on ... (it doesn't say implausible at least)

I'm not familiar enough with the coyote's cam phasers. Are they still using external OCV's or have they move to the internal OCV design like everyone else ? (Internal's have a magnet solenoid at the end of the camshaft by the phaser)

I've done a lot of cam phaser validation testing over the years but none for ford!

Edit - I've checked with an 'I do cars' teardown of a gen 1 & 2 coyote, they both have internal ocv designs which is both surprising and nice since the 4 and 6 cyl ecoboosts use an external

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Why are you being so weird lol.

Imma go back to this game I was playing. Hope you got what you wished for ✌
I have a certain person blocked because he is a fuking idiot so I am unable to see who you are replying to but I have a good idea....

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have a certain person blocked because he is a fuking idiot so I am unable to see who you are replying to but I have a good idea....
Quite funny. I couldn't see who you were moaning about until I realised they were on my ignore list too!

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Finally got her back! Runs and sounds even better than I remember. Seemed like forever but I’m glad I can drive her again.

Here’s a list of the service sheet for anyone interested:
S650 Mustang Check engine light came on. 24 GT 6spd 7600mi IMG_0158

On a semi related note I got a pair of Tuxmat for the car and do not need the premium floormats anymore. If anyone wants them just let me know. Just need to pay for shipping. They’re not super cleaned just hosed off. They work and fit well though. Seem quite sturdy:

S650 Mustang Check engine light came on. 24 GT 6spd 7600mi IMG_0160

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Haha dudes a complete troll you’re not missing out on much.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Sorry you had to deal with this! I’m approaching 6500 miles so hope this doesn’t happen to me :)
Anyways, it looks like they just replaced a sprocket and a bunch of gaskets?? How did that take 3 weeks to do. Smh the dealers are so terrible to deal with. Truly unfortunate

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Finally got her back! Runs and sounds even better than I remember. Seemed like forever but I’m glad I can drive her again.

Here’s a list of the service sheet for anyone interested:
IMG_0158.png

On a semi related note I got a pair of Tuxmat for the car and do not need the premium floormats anymore. If anyone wants them just let me know. Just need to pay for shipping. They’re not super cleaned just hosed off. They work and fit well though. Seem quite sturdy:

IMG_0160.png
Sent you a PM

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry you had to deal with this! I’m approaching 6500 miles so hope this doesn’t happen to me :)
Anyways, it looks like they just replaced a sprocket and a bunch of gaskets?? How did that take 3 weeks to do. Smh the dealers are so terrible to deal with. Truly unfortunate
No idea. Seems like it’s luck of the draw when it comes to dealers. Hope you’re enjoying your ride👍

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
No idea. Seems like it’s luck of the draw when it comes to dealers. Hope you’re enjoying your ride👍
It seems like just yesterday when we were worrying about our cars and what train they would be taking :’)

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It seems like just yesterday when we were worrying about our cars and what train they would be taking :’)
Ordered in march, felt like forever 😔

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I suspect that some of those parts aren't in normal stock as they don't expect them to fail or be needed. For example the bolts and sprocket may have come from the engine assembly plant that doesn't normally provide replacement parts.
Ford used to have 10 or 11 part depots located around the country and you could get quick delivery on just about anything you might want. To save money they closed many of the depots so it just takes longer to get parts unless it happens to be something your dealer keeps in stock.
How do I know what the distribution chain used to look like? Well the company I worked for put our equipment in each location.
Sponsored