• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check engine light came on. 24 GT 6spd 7600mi

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
DCH Ford Thousand Oaks

I use S.Bay Ford, they have been quite good over the years for me. I will avoid DCH Thousand Oaks like the plague.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Update:

It has now been 9 days since the dealer has had my car with little to no word on progress. I am still paying for a rental everyday as they cannot release funds until they diagnose the problem. This is costing hundreds of dollars and on top of what Iā€™m already paying for the car with no end in sight.

On the bright side, they printed out the error codes for me the other day and I think I broke a new record with 5 pages of codes. šŸ˜‚

Also super excited my car has been driven over 100+ miles while at the dealer, Iā€™m sure thatā€™s really helping solve the issue šŸ˜

I think Iā€™ve hit the 5th stage of grief already as this whole situation is so bad is starting to become funny.
Has the dealer eliminated the battery (low voltage) as a possible source?

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Has the dealer eliminated the battery (low voltage) as a possible source?
I donā€™t know, they barely respond to my questions.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
True about the oil level. These also use a bit of oil, so check it regularly. We get 5.0 cars and trucks a few quarts low with all sorts of codes, topping off the oil resolves the problem. Most people today never check oil, tires or anything else.
Just seeing your post about the 5.0 using a bit of oil. I have a GT on order and it'll be my first Mustang and first ownership experience with a 5.0 engine. So does these 5.0 always use oil over their lifespan or does it get less and less (or maybe even worse) over time?

Curious if the owners of MY24 5.0's are seeing any oil usage at all? I know Ford revamped the 5.0 for this MY so curious if oil usage is still being seen?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Just seeing your post about the 5.0 using a bit of oil. I have a GT on order and it'll be my first Mustang and first ownership experience with a 5.0 engine. So does these 5.0 always use oil over their lifespan or does it get less and less (or maybe even worse) over time?

Curious if the owners of MY24 5.0's are seeing any oil usage at all? I know Ford revamped the 5.0 for this MY so curious if oil usage is still being seen?
Don't lose sleep over it. Mine uses 1 litre of oil every 1500-2k miles. I think a lot of it is my driving style. I do a lot of rev matching and engine braking. There is no load on the engine and can cause really high vacuum and suck oil into the intake through the PCV. I doubt the 2024 is any different.

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
If you talked to the dealer like the way you talk on this forum to some people, it's totally understandable why Ford is not communicating with you anymore.
What are you talking about? Who have I talked to in a way you donā€™t deem acceptable?

S650 Mustang Check engine light came on. 24 GT 6spd 7600mi IMG_0137
S650 Mustang Check engine light came on. 24 GT 6spd 7600mi IMG_0139

These are the last few messages Iā€™ve sent to the dealer. Please explain how this is not ok.

I admit some of my messages have been heated but I think itā€™s understandable when a car Iā€™ve spent so much on and actually appreciate has been out of my hands for so long. All I want is to know when itā€™ll be back. So far I feel Ford customer support and the dealer has been a let down but maybe my expectations were too high. Thankfully there have been some very helpful people on this forum giving me guidance. Not just for this issue but also in the past year Iā€™ve been on here.

Meanwhile you just put laugh emojis on all my comments and come in here providing a snarky comment based on your own projections. I hope you got some satisfaction out of it at least and I hope you never have to go through this with your Mustang.

This is the first big purchase in my life and Iā€™ve worked incredibly hard to get to the point I can finally afford it. I just wish there was more communication.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
What are you talking about? Who have I talked to in a way you donā€™t deem acceptable?

IMG_0137.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg

These are the last few messages Iā€™ve sent to the dealer. Please explain how this is not ok.

I admit some of my messages have been heated but I think itā€™s understandable when a car Iā€™ve spent so much on and actually appreciate has been out of my hands for so long. All I want is to know when itā€™ll be back. So far I feel Ford customer support and the dealer has been a let down but maybe my expectations were too high. Thankfully there have been some very helpful people on this forum giving me guidance. Not just for this issue but also in the past year Iā€™ve been on here.

Meanwhile you just put laugh emojis on all my comments and come in here providing a snarky comment based on your own projections. I hope you got some satisfaction out of it at least and I hope you never have to go through this with your Mustang.

This is the first big purchase in my life and Iā€™ve worked incredibly hard to get to the point I can finally afford it. I just wish there was more communication.
I just read a lot of your comments here on this forum making bad jokes on people just because they have different opinions, laughing at them, disrespecting them and so on. And it's funny to see how you turned humble on this forum after your car turned into a mess.

This reminds me of people who act tough when they are in their prime, and later down the road they start to get humble when they realize they are not that healthy and strong anymore.

Maybe this is a life lesson for you. Never ever act like a big boy. There will always be a time when you fall down.

In your case it was just a matter of months.

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I just read a lot of your comments here on this forum making bad jokes on people just because they have different opinions, laughing at them, disrespecting them and so on. And it's funny to see how you turned humble on this forum after your car turned into a mess.

This reminds me of people who act tough when they are in their prime, and later down the road they start to get humble when they realize they are not that healthy and strong anymore.

Maybe this is a life lesson for you. Never ever act like a big boy. There will always be a time when you fall down.

In your case it was just a matter of months.
Show me where these comments are.

I started this thread on Jan 30. Before that, my last comment was from Oct of last year. Your account is 16days old.

How have you read a lot of my comments and come to this conclusion?

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Show me where these comments are.

I started this thread on Jan 30. Before that, my last comment was from Oct of last year. Your account is 16days old.

How have you read a lot of my comments and come to this conclusion?
I just started to comment indeed. Before my account I was just a reader on the forum since this 7G forum was born. Your name is on the top of the list that I remember of people who were really a di.. to many other forum members.

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I just started to comment indeed. Before my account I was just a reader on the forum since this 7G forum was born. Your name is on the top of the list that I remember of people who were really a di.. to many other forum members.
Huh?

What is your goal here? That I deserve misfortune because of your preconceived notions?

Show me all of these forum members I have supposedly hurt. If not, please stay on the topic of mustangs.

OP
OP
unfairslide

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
What goes around comes around. And it came around very quick.
Why are you being so weird lol.

Imma go back to this game I was playing. Hope you got what you wished for āœŒ
Sponsored