• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I am sure the rear will not look like that as mentioned previously in my posts. Yet again the hood vent, air intake or whatever you call them hopefully will not make the final car when it will be revealed later this month.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
LOL. Anyone can make it work in 2D, hell, I Photoshop for a living, it’s the 3-D environment that I’ll trip you up every time
Like flying an aircraft just using IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) at night.

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
If i would to have a guess on the rear.. I would suggest the tail lights wouldn't extend so far down to the lower edge of the panel.

The cut line i would think is likely about 2/3 up from centre.. And if you model the lamp surround / enclosure it might be more accurate

You have been creating amazing work. Great to see our ideas come to life.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Here's some eye candy (for some) of a totally speculative, not at all based in reality rear end treatment. Just because.

MoarRear.jpg
The crease is fine, but I think the tri bats need to be a bit thicker, like the 70 and 71

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
If i would to have a guess on the rear.. I would suggest the tail lights wouldn't extend so far down to the lower edge of the panel.

The cut line i would think is likely about 2/3 up from centre.. And if you model the lamp surround / enclosure it might be more accurate

You have been creating amazing work. Great to see our ideas come to life.
Thanks for the input, Jem. You’re right, I need to model the bevel at the base of the tail lights. Any suggestion as to how high off the flat part it comes? 1/4 inch? One inch? I’ll try to integrate these suggestions into what I’ve been working on.

While Looking at camo rear shots it seems to me that the top of the tail light surround is flatter than the outgoing model. Does that seem right to you? I’ve been doing all kinds of inadvisable wild speculation on this rear end.

Reactions: Jem

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input, Jem. You’re right, I need to model the bevel at the base of the tail lights. Any suggestion as to how high off the flat part it comes? 1/4 inch? One inch? I’ll try to integrate these suggestions into what I’ve been working on.

While Looking at camo rear shots it seems to me that the top of the tail light surround is flatter than the outgoing model. Does that seem right to you? I’ve been doing all kinds of inadvisable wild speculation on this rear end.
Do you think the backup lamp will be in the same place as the S550's?

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's some eye candy (for some) of a totally speculative, not at all based in reality rear end treatment. Just because.

MoarRear.jpg

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! MoarRear
You have just enough room (in your modeling) for a built-in spoiler like the 1969 Mach 1

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1969 Mustang tail

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Well, that's the point. The Mustang does not have dual clutch transmission and the A10 is rather boring. A Mustang is a driver’s car and I would always go for the MT. However, just look at real world data and one can see that a manual S550 almost never launches that fast. 5 seconds and above under regular conditions are the norm.
Again, I'm not shitting on the Mustang, it has an incredible performance per $ ratio and I really like the S550. It's just not a super fast sports car and to me it doesn't have to. A fast GT is what a Mustang should be and I think the S650 will deliver on that.
WHo cares about launching a car, you only start a race once. How a car accelerates while at speed (ie: 60-120mph) matters more, than stop light performance.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Appreciate the renderings and ideas. Thank You.

I've begun studying the differences between the S550 and the CD6 platforms.

I can understand why Ford would want to move to the CD6 and am starting to read up on this physical aspects of this platform.

How, if at all, do you think the CD6 will impact the overall shape of the S650? Would it cause it to become bigger? Wider? Taller? Wheelbase? Limit designers in a particular area? Limit design of body parts or interior shapes at all?

Thanks.

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Appreciate the renderings and ideas. Thank You.

I've begun studying the differences between the S550 and the CD6 platforms.

I can understand why Ford would want to move to the CD6 and am starting to read up on this physical aspects of this platform.

How, if at all, do you think the CD6 will impact the overall shape of the S650? Would it cause it to become bigger? Wider? Taller? Wheelbase? Limit designers in a particular area? Limit design of body parts or interior shapes at all?

Thanks.
It has ben stated several times that the S650 WILL NOT be based on CD6 but rather an upgraded DC2. Hence no easy AWD option and maybe they do struggle to fit in batteries and such for a hybrid...
Cable harnesses can be a b!tch and if we consider the fact that the S550 could either have electric mirrors OR dead spot warning signals I get a shiver...
Sponsored