• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car feels floaty at high speeds?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think the reason some people are down on the performance package is because 1) it's climbed a lot in price over the last 5 years or so (from $4000 to like 6500), but the basic equipment you get hasn't changed much; and 2) Even after spending the money on it, people found out that the car is still not exactly track ready (i.e. it's not comparable in performance to the 1LE package)

IMHO a lot of the PP1 equipment should be the standard equipment level on the base GT. If they wanted to keep costs down they could drop the Brembos, Torsen, and the wing as standard, but make the PP1 bracing, shocks/struts, wheels & tires standard.

Of course if Ford made the base car actually good, there'd be less incentive for people to pay thousands more in options, and that's what Ford wants. Ford doesn't give a single fuck what Nurburgring lap time a base Mustang GT can do.
Sponsored

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Question for everyone that got there s650s already. I picked my car up yesterday and it drives great and it's unbelievably smooth. However one thing I noticed is that at speeds exceeding 100km/h (60m/h), the car feels very floaty/loose. Like I'm driving on ice or something. Is this normal? My tire pressure is at 40psi so I was wondering if maybe it could be because of that.
My tires are 36 each, no problem when I,go that fast

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I’ve got it at the recommended 32psi. The cars are transported at higher pressures. I don’t remember the reason why. (I think it’s to avoid developing flat spots if they’re sitting a long time 🤷) Dealers are supposed to lower pressure before delivery.
Mine are 36 each but I have hit 60 with no problems and no magneride

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You would be surprised what an additional 4 psi difference will do at that pressure. My car (2020 GT500) was set to 40PSI COLD and when I got on the interstate it starting increasing and the car was like on ice skates with the steering. Got off and set pressures correctly and big difference

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I’ve got it at the recommended 32psi. The cars are transported at higher pressures. I don’t remember the reason why. (I think it’s to avoid developing flat spots if they’re sitting a long time 🤷) Dealers are supposed to lower pressure before delivery.
I always go a couple of pounds over.
The recommended tire pressure is for a softer ride.
I also rotate the tires on every oil change.
Regardless of Mileage.

Seo124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Question for everyone that got there s650s already. I picked my car up yesterday and it drives great and it's unbelievably smooth. However one thing I noticed is that at speeds exceeding 100km/h (60m/h), the car feels very floaty/loose. Like I'm driving on ice or something. Is this normal? My tire pressure is at 40psi so I was wondering if maybe it could be because of that.
Had Mine out a\on a clear and open road. I had to back off at 122 mph. Rock solid!

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Sounds like th OP had the same issue I had, I'll check my tire pressure tomorrow.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I always go a couple of pounds over.
The recommended tire pressure is for a softer ride.
I also rotate the tires on every oil change.
Regardless of Mileage.
Good luck rotating the tyres on a Mustang!

The recommended pressure is optimised for the road

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
36 psi, tires cool is whats recommended. Remember your physics 101 class, for every increase or decrease of 10 degrees air temp, tire pressure will rise or drop 1 psi. Also keep in mind as you're driving your creating heat in the tires, so it's not unreasonable for tires to reach 40+ on warm sunny days.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Good luck rotating the tyres on a Mustang!

The recommended pressure is optimised for the road
I’m very new to the new Mustangs.
My last one was a 1980.
I’ve had a few rentals in the past.
I’m 76 & ordered the 2024 GT Premium for the, I hate to say this but, may be my Last ride.
Thank you for your reply & any information will seriously help me.
i’ve been reading everything I can on the new 2024 Mustang.
thx again.
This is a great Forum.
Sponsored