• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car feels floaty at high speeds?

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
the performance package is highway robbery.
It's a solid value and a performance minimum. Lie to yourself if you want to

The available GT Performance Package includes:

• 19" x 9" (F) and 19" x 9.5" (R) Carbonized Gray-Painted Aluminum Wheels With 255/40 (F) and 275/40R19 (R) (Summer Only) Tires*
  • 19" Bremboā„¢ Brake System With Performance Linings and Black With White Logo Brake Calipers
  • Accent-Stitched Center Console Lid
  • Electric Hand-Operated Parking Brake (Drift Brake)
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Ebony Black-Painted Grille
  • Heavy-Duty Front Springs
  • K-Brace
  • Performance Raised Rear Wing ā€” Painted Body Color
  • Black-Painted Strut-Tower Brace
  • TORSENĀ® Differential With 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)
  • TORSEN Differential With 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
  • Unique Chassis Tuning
  • Unique Stability Control, EPAS and ABS Tuning
  • Upsized Rear Sway Bar

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It's a solid value and a performance minimum. Lie to yourself if you want to

The available GT Performance Package includes:

• 19" x 9" (F) and 19" x 9.5" (R) Carbonized Gray-Painted Aluminum Wheels With 255/40 (F) and 275/40R19 (R) (Summer Only) Tires*
  • 19" Bremboā„¢ Brake System With Performance Linings and Black With White Logo Brake Calipers
  • Accent-Stitched Center Console Lid
  • Electric Hand-Operated Parking Brake (Drift Brake)
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Ebony Black-Painted Grille
  • Heavy-Duty Front Springs
  • K-Brace
  • Performance Raised Rear Wing ā€” Painted Body Color
  • Black-Painted Strut-Tower Brace
  • TORSENĀ® Differential With 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)
  • TORSEN Differential With 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
  • Unique Chassis Tuning
  • Unique Stability Control, EPAS and ABS Tuning
  • Upsized Rear Sway Bar
It's a horrible value. The only way i'd even consider it at the price is if it came with the active exhaust.

Ford overpriced everything this year from the base all the way up to dark horse, as they know they have 0 competition. Everyone knows it. Only person lying to themselves is you.

Combinepilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Limited
It's a horrible value. The only way i'd even consider it at the price is if it came with the active exhaust.

Ford overpriced everything this year from the base all the way up to dark horse, as they know they have 0 competition. Everyone knows it. Only person lying to themselves is you.
Regardless on whether you believe the PP is not for you, you stated Ford 'overpriced everything this year'. The price increases are not unique to Ford or any other auto manufacturer, nor are they at any retailer, grocery store or gas station. I wouldn't know for certain but I'll guess and say the parts suppliers to the auto industry didn't pass along 2022 prices.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

whine whine whine...blah blah blah

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I have the GT with the PP, I can attest that when I hit 151mph in mine, it felt locked to the ground. I had a 2015 GT base and when Iā€™d hit the 150ā€™s mph area, itā€™s get ā€œfloatyā€ compared to the ā€˜24 but even then it was pretty stuck to the ground.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
[/QUOTE]
Idgaf about standard market increases. The value is still not matched by anyone else unless you want a 23 Camaro.
whine whine whine...blah blah blah
This is the exact same guy that went on and on about the active exhaust being pointless and sounding like shit and then went and optioned it on his car...

@SoggyBottomBoy just because it's not in your budget, doesn't mean it's not a good value. Idgaf about standard market increases. The value is still not matched by anyone else unless you want a 23 Camaro. There is enough in the package that differentiates the car and improves handling to make it worth optioning. My original point stands. If you're not going to mod the suspension, and not getting the performance package, don't even try hard turns at speed.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Idgaf about standard market increases. The value is still not matched by anyone else unless you want a 23 Camaro.

This is the exact same guy that went on and on about the active exhaust being pointless and sounding like shit and then went and optioned it on his car...

@SoggyBottomBoy just because it's not in your budget, doesn't mean it's not a good value. Idgaf about standard market increases. The value is still not matched by anyone else unless you want a 23 Camaro. There is enough in the package that differentiates the car and improves handling to make it worth optioning. My original point stands. If you're not going to mod the suspension, and not getting the performance package, don't even try hard turns at speed.
[/QUOTE]

1) Didn't option active exhaust, it is pointless if you plan to do aftermarket, and does sound bad
2) my budget is probably more than your house
3) its objectively a dog shit value, just like the year is as a whole for mustang. I can achieve 100% better results with custom parts for half the price.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

šŸ¤£ now THAT is a good one. I needed a laugh

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
3) its objectively a dog shit value, just like the year is as a whole for mustang. I can achieve 100% better results with custom parts for half the price.
In full disclosure, I purchased the PP on my '24. That said, I'd really like to see the parts and price list (with sources, of course), with labor included, (that will produce better results) for everything in the PP from Ford at half the price. I seriously don't think that's even remotely possible. I don't even think it's possible without the labor included, but you might have an inside track to something new for me.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
In full disclosure, I purchased the PP on my '24. That said, I'd really like to see the parts and price list (with sources, of course), with labor included, (that will produce better results) for everything in the PP from Ford at half the price. I seriously don't think that's even remotely possible. I don't even think it's possible without the labor included, but you might have an inside track to something new for me.
Ill try to get you a part list, though i will say i'd be doing all the labor myself.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'll tell you now, it's not possible. The brakes alone are a $1700 standalone option, would cost more to have done aftermarket once install costs are factored in. You're also not installing a torsen diff or 3.73 gears yourself and that's another big expense. Once you factor in buying summer tires, ~$300-500 for a painted rear wing, and the cost/pain in the ass of installing springs, sways, and braces, its obvious that it would just be easier and cheaper to pay $5k up front. Plus no drift brake or armrest stitches šŸ˜•

or this

S650 Mustang Car feels floaty at high speeds? DSC01236

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

1) Didn't option active exhaust, it is pointless if you plan to do aftermarket, and does sound bad
This is from a man of constant sorrow.