• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyer's remorse

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
I have a 2011 Gt that is a 6 speed manual & the 2024 Dark Horse that is the 10R80. Only able to get 144 miles on the DH but loved the way it shifted & drove! Hoping that don't change when getting some real miles on it & running it harder after the break-in. Now I've kept the 2011 Gt so if I feel the need to drive a manual -NO PROBLEM. The DH had to be a auto so the wife can drive & enjoy this one. If I spent that kind of money & she couldn't drive it, I'd probably be in the doghouse for a long time.
Sponsored

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ya it sounds ridiculous , I guess thats what I get for having nothing but EVs for the last 8+ years, for the better or worse, I guess I can't go back to ICEs anymore.
I have nothing against EV's. I have to admit there are times when I turn off the exhaust on my shelby or put it in 6th if I want some peace and quiet and not all the drama. But when I do want the sound it's there. I was at a indoor car show this fall and watched as some of the 60's and 70's vehicles departed.. wow.. forgot the smell of an old school engine/exhaust. it was quite overwhelming. I think the new ICE cars are better in terms of emissions standards, especially if the younger crowd doesn't mess with the system.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
I'm not quite ready for the EVs, but I'm sure they're nice. I know they're very fast so that's a plus. Maybe in about 5 years 🤔

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I have nothing against EV's. I have to admit there are times when I turn off the exhaust on my shelby or put it in 6th if I want some peace and quiet and not all the drama. But when I do want the sound it's there. I was at a indoor car show this fall and watched as some of the 60's and 70's vehicles departed.. wow.. forgot the smell of an old school engine/exhaust. it was quite overwhelming. I think the new ICE cars are better in terms of emissions standards, especially if the younger crowd doesn't mess with the system.
I was there and I remember the 70’s cars then new, without exhaust smelling anywhere as badly as it does now unless something was wrong with them. Gutted emissions controls were the first thing people modded back then. Think it has to do with many rebuilds and fuel being completely different than what was available and expected then.

Last edited:

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
yep, I just swap mine when i go in and the cigarette ash tray is full...
That reminds me....almost time for my quarterly engine replacement.... just did a 1000 mile road trip so need to replace sooner then usual lol

Handsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Corvette coupe, 14 Corvette, 2024 Dark Horse
Same here. bought 2019 GT with 10 spd auto thinking it would be better for work on occasion using phone and other stuff. Got bored with it quickly and luckily have another manual car to drive. When Dark Horse was announced, it was time to move the 10spd out of the "fleet". Loving the DH so far.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. bought 2019 GT with 10 spd auto thinking it would be better for work on occasion using phone and other stuff. Got bored with it quickly and luckily have another manual car to drive. When Dark Horse was announced, it was time to move the 10spd out of the "fleet". Loving the DH so far.
Good for you! I bet you do love it! I'm ok with the A10 for now. My 2008 GT manual definitely scratches the itch as needed. The 2024 is more like a cruiser.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had major buyer's remorse when I got my brand-new '07 GT, after like a year. There were water leaks, handbrake freezing in the winter, rattles, other annoying things like suspension squeaks. In the end I felt like I made a huge mistake getting this expensive car on a loan with so many issues. And then eventually the car just stabilized and became dependable, after I addressed all the issues. I would have been driving it to this day, if I weren't rear-ended and the insurance company deemed it a total loss.

At first glance, the '24 Mustang is built better. The rear bumper cover is more solid, the inside of the trunk looks like it won't get ripped out, the air vents are not collecting debris to clog up the grommets, the trunk closes without any gaps, and the drive quality most importantly is a lot better, smoother and more stable. Well except the aerodynamic hole in the fender liner, all that fuzzy carpet material underneath, and the fogging up headlight. We'll see. In my experience so far, a Mustang is not really a luxury car. It's more about raw power. Still miss my old Mustang without any frills, it was such a joy to drive, and will always have a special place in my heart.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had major buyer's remorse when I got my brand-new '07 GT, after like a year. There were water leaks, handbrake freezing in the winter, rattles, other annoying things like suspension squeaks. In the end I felt like I made a huge mistake getting this expensive car on a loan with so many issues. And then eventually the car just stabilized and became dependable, after I addressed all the issues. I would have been driving it to this day, if I weren't rear-ended and the insurance company deemed it a total loss.

At first glance, the '24 Mustang is built better. The rear bumper cover is more solid, the inside of the trunk looks like it won't get ripped out, the air vents are not collecting debris to clog up the grommets, the trunk closes without any gaps, and the drive quality most importantly is a lot better, smoother and more stable. Well except the aerodynamic hole in the fender liner, all that fuzzy carpet material underneath, and the fogging up headlight. We'll see. In my experience so far, a Mustang is not really a luxury car. It's more about raw power. Still miss my old Mustang without any frills, it was such a joy to drive, and will always have a special place in my heart.
Yep...I still love driving my 2008 GT. Drives great and it's in great shape. However, I also love my 2024 GT!

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

Speaking of all that fuzzy carpet material underneath I wonder how well that will hold up over time? Does anyone know how long Ford has been doing that?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Yep...the 2024 is definitely a very nice upgrade and a blast to drive. However, my 2008 has been well maintained and it's fun to drive.
come up to Manassas and maybe Ourisman can put you into a Manual for "small" pain.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
only because American drivers demand it be so. In the home country I suspect very little manual selection. Same thing happened with Porsche.
Correct, we are BMW & Porsches largest market. With the M3/4 almost 40% of sales are manual trannies. People would rather have less power but have the 3rd pedal.
Sponsored