• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

broken screen

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
After diving home I heard a loud pop/crack noise after turning the car off, looking down at the driver screen there is what seems to be a crack inside the housing. I thought it might be a screen protector but remember when test driving the vehicle it had a plastic one with writing on it. hoping this is covered under warranty but really don't want them taking the whole dash apart on a 200 mile old car just to have it be put back together and something starts to rattle.

S650 Mustang broken screen broken screen 1

S650 Mustang broken screen broken screen 2
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
After diving home I heard a loud pop/crack noise after turning the car off, looking down at the driver screen there is what seems to be a crack inside the housing. I thought it might be a screen protector but remember when test driving the vehicle it had a plastic one with writing on it. hoping this is covered under warranty but really don't want them taking the whole dash apart on a 200 mile old car just to have it be put back together and something starts to rattle.

broken screen 1.jpg

broken screen 2.jpg
ive seen someone else have a similar problem, itll be warrantied, no questions asked.

fingers crossed on no rattles, my car goes in tomorrow for some obnoxious dash rattles, i wont take it back until they are fixed. This is the 3rd time ill have it in for rattles.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Wow, sorry to hear this happened. Hopefully no dash rattles when you get it back

OP
OP
Stealth19

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
ive seen someone else have a similar problem, itll be warrantied, no questions asked.

fingers crossed on no rattles, my car goes in tomorrow for some obnoxious dash rattles, i wont take it back until they are fixed. This is the 3rd time ill have it in for rattles.
Went in today and the tech said "screens don't break themselves" i let him know if he can come find out how i internally broke the screen in the first 200 miles of driving the car I'd give him that. Now they've sent pictures to the "ford engineers" to see if it's covered under warranty and I'll hear back in a week or so...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Went in today and the tech said "screens don't break themselves" i let him know if he can come find out how i internally broke the screen in the first 200 miles of driving the car I'd give him that. Now they've sent pictures to the "ford engineers" to see if it's covered under warranty and I'll hear back in a week or so...
With all due respect, he doesn't have to "find out how YOU broke it" in order to NOT cover it.

I would not hold your breath on this one.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
If they try not covering it, especially with your scenario, I'd tell him and the dealership to pound sand... find another dealership. No rhyme or reason to not replace the screen, they have 0 way to prove how it was done or that you caused it.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Someone was saying the screen was plastic. Guess it was fake news.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Sorry to hear about your screen. That really sucks. Hope they replace it under warranty.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So your implying it is plastic for sure. I have seen plastic crack but different from the way the picture shows.
I'm not implying anything, i just pointed out that your conclusion-jumping was premature.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
This is a shocker! Was it the heat!?!?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I just installed a Spigen tempered glass screen protector over the right half of my DH Premium screen. I believe it was designed for the non-premium (split screens) setup, but I think it looks great.

Zero bubbles, zero issue with the install. What you see in the pic are just shadows, reflections (of my phone), and such, nothing in/behind the protector. Response (to touches) is great, too.

S650 Mustang broken screen 1711416796262-f0

My $0.02: It is quite clear that the screen (in the vehicle) is NOT plastic.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
If it was we here in AZ would be in trouble. We have manufacture test tracks here for extreme operating conditions. Doubt it was heat.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Strange though. It seems like a stress crack to me and natural. The glass crack crevices don’t look like it there was human interaction.
Heat causing expansion and pushing itself out of the housing?
Sponsored