• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base seats?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Have we seen the non-premium base GT seats yet? I know we have all been focusing on the dash variants, but what about the seats?
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I don't think so. The only real interiors we've seen have been during the reveal and Ford's press releases.....these have all been what appear to be Premium interiors.

OP
OP
Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't think so. The only real interiors we've seen have been during the reveal and Ford's press releases.....these have all been what appear to be Premium interiors.
That’s what I figured but thought that maybe I missed it somehow. The recent yellow car that was seen (yesterday maybe) briefly showed a light color interior that may have been the base but it quickly moves along to showing the outside only. Kinda hard to tell.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I’m interested what the Recaros will be in the DH. From what I have seen it’s like the GT Recaros which sucks.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I don't think the seats have changed dramatically. Maybe a few more qualitative stiches here and there, maaaybeee better leather material, but that's it.

To be honest I am really disappinted they keep using the seats since 2015. I mean yes cost saving methods bla bla, but at since Ford made the drastic changes in the interior, they should have adjusted the seats as well

- Different seats/shapes
- Fully poweres seats ( the back for example)
- Different materials to choose from
- Customisation in terms of stiching etc.

The only difference they have introduced so far are the heated and ventilated Recaros. That is a nice to have (and overdue), but at least give a bite more changes/advancements to them. They are pretty much dated imo.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I don't think the seats have changed dramatically. Maybe a few more qualitative stiches here and there, maaaybeee better leather material, but that's it.

To be honest I am really disappinted they keep using the seats since 2015. I mean yes cost saving methods bla bla, but at since Ford made the drastic changes in the interior, they should have adjusted the seats as well

- Different seats/shapes
- Fully poweres seats ( the back for example)
- Different materials to choose from
- Customisation in terms of stiching etc.

The only difference they have introduced so far are the heated and ventilated Recaros. That is a nice to have (and overdue), but at least give a bite more changes/advancements to them. They are pretty much dated imo.
Well said. Never was a fan of the generic looking base seats in the S550. The amount of GT350s, GT500s, and Mach 1s with them made me cry

It’s hilarious that you can get seats like these as standard…

S650 Mustang Base seats? 1673058064510

S650 Mustang Base seats? 1673058197679

…in cars that retail for 30-32k. A Hyundai and VW no less.

But nah, they stuck the Mustang with the same generic carryover couch cushions that looked dated back in 2015.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Well said. Never was a fan of the generic looking base seats in the S550. The amount of GT350s, GT500s, and Mach 1s with them made me cry

1673058064510.jpeg

1673058197679.jpeg

But nah, they stuck the Mustang with the same generic carryover couch cushions that looked dated back in 2015.
So I reckon you will also get the Recaros then. At least they have an upgrade of heating and ventelating. I know that they are fully manual, but I take that sacrifice for this time.

OP
OP
Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Honestly, manual seats are not too big a deal since it’s not like I adjust the seat ever. But it is nice to have when you do need to adjust it.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
So I reckon you will also get the Recaros then. At least they have an upgrade of heating and ventelating. I know that they are fully manual, but I take that sacrifice for this time.
Definitely will. I've had Recaros and fixed-headrest, aggressive, single-shelled seats in my past four cars. I just think it's comfier to be hugged into place, even in a daily driver.

Honestly, manual seats are not too big a deal since it’s not like I adjust the seat ever. But it is nice to have when you do need to adjust it.
Agreed, never had an issue with manual seats. Automatic adjustments are just a nice bonus.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

1673058064510.jpeg

1673058197679.jpeg

The GTI retails for more than 30K, doesn't it? I just looked at GTI prices a few days ago and even the used ones were over 35K.

But anyway, the Mustang GT with base seats costs about the same as the GTI, I believe. They are close. If the GTI came with a ~500 HP NA V8 engine I would agree with you that the Mustang should give you a better interior for the money. But the GTI comes with a powertrain for a car that should cost less than 20K but with really good interior and exterior quality.

I personally prefer Ford's formula with the Mustang. I would like better seats with more adjustability and better interior materials, but I don't want to pay more. I'd rather have the same seats that are acceptable but not great with more money put into the powertrain and keep the price low.

I'll buy a front engine rwd coupe with a decent V8 and poor interior any and every day vs a FWD car with great panel fitment and a nice interior but a crappy engine. Especially when the price is similar.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The GTI retails for more than 30K, doesn't it? I just looked at GTI prices a few days ago and even the used ones were over 35K.

But anyway, the Mustang GT with base seats costs about the same as the GTI, I believe. They are close. If the GTI came with a ~500 HP NA V8 engine I would agree with you that the Mustang should give you a better interior for the money. But the GTI comes with a powertrain for a car that should cost less than 20K but with really good interior and exterior quality.

I personally prefer Ford's formula with the Mustang. I would like better seats with more adjustability and better interior materials, but I don't want to pay more. I'd rather have the same seats that are acceptable but not great with more money put into the powertrain and keep the price low.

I'll buy a front engine rwd coupe with a decent V8 and poor interior any and every day vs a FWD car with great panel fitment and a nice interior but a crappy engine. Especially when the price is similar.
You could get those seats in a GTI S that retails for 30k on the dot. So I’ll be fair and say 35k since that includes the EN and GTI SE.

Regardless, I wished they pursued something better and at least made some level of change instead of running the same things for what will now be 10+ years straight.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You could get those seats in a GTI S that retails for 30k on the dot. So I’ll be fair and say 35k since that includes the EN and GTI SE.

Regardless, I wished they pursued something better and at least made some level of change instead of running the same things for what will now be 10+ years straight.
I agree I wish Mustang seats were better. And I really wish VW would offer a RWD V8 engine sporty car at an affordable price. I like the brand, having driven a VW beetle as the car my parents let me borrow as a teen. But I don't want a front wheel drive vehicle with a tiny turbo engine.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I agree I wish Mustang seats were better. And I really wish VW would offer a RWD V8 engine sporty car at an affordable price. I like the brand, having driven a VW beetle as the car my parents let me borrow as a teen. But I don't want a front wheel drive vehicle with a tiny turbo engine.
Doesn't need to be either or! The Mustang got seat upgrades from 2000 -> 2005 -> 2010 -> 2015. Not bad to ask for progress especially when the pricetags are already inflating

Just like the Corvette, from C6 -> C7 -> C8 where they're truly superior in standard trim, not even counting the optional