• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are you using auto rev match on your S650?

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I leave it on on my S650. It is fast enough for my...applications. I turned it off on my 2019 GT because it was slower than when I rev matched myself.
In the real world day to day driving it is purely a show-off feature. Nothing to gain from downshifting when slowing down to a red light. The only time I can see it being useful is when downshifting for passing a car.
Downshifting from high RPM without rev matching can be hazardous...the unweighted rear tires turning slower than the fronts will break grip and could send the car in a tailspin.
Sponsored

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
Yes and it's one of the main reasons I chose to buy this car

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Just curious if people are using auto rev match on their cars? My DH came with the setting on and I quickly turned it off and I haven't turned it back on again. I am average at best at doing it myself. Is this a feature people are using around town or only during sport drives or track driving?
Yes. It works pretty well. It took awhile for me to get used to it. I don't track or drag - just spirited driving.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Put the AT's in track mode, you get Rev-Matching. Totally useless on city streets/highways, but very necessary on the track. Did heel-toe shifting for years road racing, got tired of it, not the easiest thing to do and when you miss a shift, not fun. Upgraded to the Auto-Blip in 2015 and never looked back.

Last edited:

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
If you like the feeling of engine brake, it might be better to turn it off.

On the other hand, if you want to enjoy a more responsive and smoother downshift, leave it on.
Agree. I tend to downshift for engine braking a lot. It's just something I got into the habit of doing early on when I learned to drive stick. Auto rev match sort of prevents that from operating properly. If I was tracking it I would turn it back on for sure.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Kind of wish I had it on my older 2016 but not really sure I would use it that much in day to day life.

The only time I know I would enjoy using that feature is after the gym on my way home.
Damn leg days knock me out and sometimes I even contemplate the convenience of an automatic! 😱 Gasp!

Don't worry, I'd never actually go auto. 😏 I enjoy playing with my stick too much.

Blue VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Rev matching is much more refined on the s650 on the 21 s550 gt getting on the freeway the Rev match would hang on me. I am pretty good at manually Rev matching but if you want precise vehicle dynamics when "spirited" driving it keeps the car in control at all times...especially right before turns. In quicker and out quicker
Sponsored