• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is Your S650 Spying on You?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Anonymized data applied to individual
I heard the same thing on the news.
The insurance companies want to know how aggressive you drive.
Anonymized data individualized for participation. Curious if it can be shown to have lower a rate for the unaware participant.

I’ll take my portion of the settlement in the form of forever coverage, let’s see half from one company and half from the other, thanks. No more of this one time $20 garbage, I mean if we’re gonna have a settlement I want a seat at the table, point blank. Your assumption on your part grants rights on my part.
Sponsored

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Everything else I disabled.
and you honestly think the on-screen labels are accurate? And immutable? And cover what you interpret them to mean? Come on now! Pull the fuse. Like nuking from orbit, it's the only way to be (reasonably) sure.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
and you honestly think the on-screen labels are accurate? And immutable? And cover what you interpret them to mean? Come on now! Pull the fuse. Like nuking from orbit, it's the only way to be (reasonably) sure.
Well I don’t want to lose the app functionality either. I think it’s a decent compromise.
I park my car on the street, so I want to be alerted if someone is breaking in, etc.

cazzytog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Does pulling the fuse disable GPS and map?

Quint_758

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic Si
If you go to Page 292 in the 2024 Owners Manual, you'll be given a map of the Body Control Module (BCM)-A unit fuse panel. Fuse #8 is in-line with powering the car's Telematics Control Unit. Removing that fuse will disable the systems and software of concern, without affecting the drivability of the car.

If you use the Ford Pass App, you will lose functionality with that app. Ford Pass uses Telematics to talk to the car and retrieve information.

https://www.fordpro.com/en-us/telematics/

The system, software and feature has been part of Ford and other manufacturers for years.

Edit: anyone "racing" doing autocross or anything like that, pull the fuse before going out. :bandit:

Only issue is that it is a MICRO3 shared fuse with #9 which seems to be the parking brake switch and a couple of sensors. However I think you can use a MICRO2 fuse to disable the fuse 8 connection.

Someone would need to test to make sure MICRO2 fits.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Only issue is that it is a MICRO3 shared fuse
Touch'e.

Attached is a picture of what you're referring to.

On the 550, #9 position is not used, even though it is shared with #8.

So, ya. My bad. A dedicated position #9 fuse would need to be tested.

S650 Mustang Is Your S650 Spying on You? IMG_8275

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 7.28.05 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 7.28.32 AM.png

This is what I left turned on: "Share Vehicle Data" and "Share Vehicle Location". Otherwise the Ford app on the phone doesn't recognize the car anymore. Everything else I disabled.
So the only thing we can turn off is the Share Driving Data function? I guess that's better than nothing unless not using the Ford App is a big deal. Anyone else have any new input on this?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Makes sense - my phone is listening to me all the time and pops up ads on things I've talked about but never searched for. I turned off all my data sharing settings on the Mustang. From the manual:

You can adjust several settings on the touchscreen under the connected vehicle features menu, such as:
  • Vehicle connectivity.
  • Share vehicle data.
  • Share vehicle location.
  • Share driving data.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web
So you turned off share vehicle data, share vehicle location and share driving data? It was mentioned in the thread that turning off everything means the Ford App won't recognize your vehicle.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
So you turned off share vehicle data, share vehicle location and share driving data? It was mentioned in the thread that turning off everything means the Ford App won't recognize your vehicle.
Yes I turned everything off and I'm OK without the Ford App. I can confirm the app will not function properly as a result. Personally, as long as I have a key fob, gas, and good weather that's all I really need.

Reactions: JAL
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Did you turn off anything? Are you still able to use the Ford App?
I'm still learning the basics. Right now I've got everything I'm not sure about, turned on. I'll come back and start turning them off one-by-one to see the effect - if any on the Ford App.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I'm still learning the basics. Right now I've got everything I'm not sure about, turned on. I'll come back and start turning them off one-by-one to see the effect - if any on the Ford App.
Ok sounds like a plan. Let me know what you figure out and I'll do the same. It sounds like we can turn off the share driving data option without it screwing up the Ford App so I'm going to start there for sure.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
why not start with all off?
Sponsored