• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are modifications allowed on management lease vehicles?

Miner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Gt Premium
Anybody know if any modifications are allowed on management lease vehicles? Such as tinting or tuning. Mainly tints.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
* I am not a lawyer. I do not have a formal education. This, is an Internet forum.

management lease vehicles?
I'm not familiar with the specific term above. I am familiar with leasing.

In general, you can do what ever you want, but...

When it comes time to return the vehicle, to the company you're employed by or Ford, they'll expect it to be returned as it was originally given to you, with the generally accepted wear. Any mods will have to be removed. You may also pay for repair or additional fees for anything the company considers over-and-above normal wear and tear.

Depending on who your working with, things like tint will most likely go unnoticed. By the letter of the law, you've violated your agreement. But tint is so common and since it can often be removed without issue, I'd think you'd get a reminder about it, but go on your way.

The 2024 cannot be tuned right now, although some will be working on this. Officially, Ford will be working with third party vendors to produce certain products. A lot of people tune their vehicles without issue. Some though, they have nothing but issues, and inflict damage.

The potential liabilities associated with tuning a lease are so open-ended, I'd never entertain it. Especially on a first-year car not intended to be tuned by independents. Sensors, Cats, ECUs, at the extreme, whole engines. And the penalties added to that. Wuff. Use your imagination. "We've detected a tune (or that a tune was previously installed). This violates the agreement. You owe us an engine, possibly a new transmission."

Even if a factory-sponsored tune was available today, that would violate the agreement. The company or Ford intends to re-lease or re-sell the vehicle and has certain expectations of wear and turn-in value.

Turn things around. "Yea, the previous owner tuned it and did some other things. We're not sure what. But all that was removed and it appears OK." Would you purchase it as-is? If you were made aware of the previous history, how much would you discount the sales price?

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
To lease is to rent with an option to buy. If your intent is to buy at the end of the lease, it may still not be permitted but they may not notice. I had a roommate who really exceeded the permitted milage number but because she purchased the car, they didn't mind. Had she not purchased it, there would have been a whopping charge for the extra miles. Leases take into account normal wear and tear so anything beyond that would change the terms of the lease.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Anybody know if any modifications are allowed on management lease vehicles? Such as tinting or tuning. Mainly tints.
What is a management lease?

Iā€™m a retired car dealer but thatā€™s a new term to me.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford managers can lease vehicles from the company hq as a company car.
If you have access to this program you speak of, I'm assuming either you work for Ford or you're closely related to someone who works for Ford.

Why not ask said individual or Ford directly yourself? They would be able to give you a definitive answer.

From a common sense standpoint, I would think if you're renting property someone else owns (which is what a lease is), you're not allowed to make modifications to it without their permission. Whether it's a retail or management lease would be irrelevant.
Sponsored

Last edited: