• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That red really pops with a deep wet look. Did you get that from a high quality wax or is that a ceramic coating? I’ve never seen ceramic give that type of look, only a wax. I had a black truck that had that deep wet shine and I could only get that with a wax.
You have a well-trained eye, because that is very much from a wax. :like:

To be clear, I'm not anti-ceramic coating or PPF, I have a combination of waxes and ceramic coatings on my cars depending on what I need. I have ceramics on daily drivers that are subjected to all conditions, mainly because it makes cleaning easier and safer. But on the "special" cars, I have stuck with waxes and spray sealants for the way they look and the fact I don't need ultimate longevity or chemical resistance.

In terms of those pictures above, they are unedited and taken after the application of Gyeon Q2 Wax, which is a ceramic infused paste wax. Longevity is not its strong suit, but the gloss, slickness and water behavior are extremely impressive.

Gyeon Q2 Wax | Car Supplies Warehouse – Car Supplies Warehouse

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG_1881

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG_1879
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2017 Mustang GT is in better condition now than the day I drove it out the showroom.......................and that's without PPF. That's from careful and meticulous regular care over the course of 7 years. So yes, I know how investments work, and what's needed to keep a car looking its best. In my case, the car lives a sheltered life, and if the unforeseen happens, I know how to fix it. Put it this way, the car on the used market is worth about what I paid for it all those years ago.

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

PPF makes great sense for those who drive quite a bit but intend to keep the car beyond a typical lease period. Higher end sports cars would be a classic candidate for that.

My argument being that if the car is leased and will be replaced in two years, you are not going to get much value out of PPF. This is especially the case if it's not an enthusiast type vehicle, applying PPF to an Escape would be waste of money if the target used buyer won't notice the difference.

I guess what I'm saying is, PPF is great, but it's not always needed or the trouble free experience you might expect.
That's definitely one way to protect it and increase its resale value, regardless of how long you plan to keep it.

So is PPF or ceramic coat.

The difference is how much effort one chooses to put into it.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
So I got quoted $4500 for full PP, hand installed, no templates, ceramic coating on everything and tint to my desire. This place has been in business for 15 years and does many high end Porsche, Ferrari etc cars. My car is a semi daily driver so I'm really not sure what I should do. I live on the east coast where there is a lot of sand and so forth. I'm still confused.... I've always hand washed my cars and applied a quality wax. So now I am thinking of applying one of the hybrid type coatings.
Where did you get a quote of $4500? What brand of PPF do they use? I got a quote of $7500 for paint correction and full body PPF by XPEL. Thanks!

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plenty of 20 year old cars and trucks still look great with only using wax.
I've always done wax every 2-3 months on daily drivers and at least once a year on my garage queens. All look great with excellent beading of water! I guess I'm old and want good proof before slapping down a lot of cash on a product that is relatively new. I'm sure it's great. Just not sure it's for me.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Where did you get a quote of $4500? What brand of PPF do they use? I got a quote of $7500 for paint correction and full body PPF by XPEL. Thanks!
It was in NY where I live.
XPEL and Graphene.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was in NY where I live.
XPEL and Graphene.
Wow! That's a much better price than here in GA. Think I need to do more shopping around.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I’d be leery of a 4500 quote. Ours was $7,000 plus a few add ons.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Translation: "I know you are, but what am I?"

Stellar. What are you, 12?
Just saying it like it is. You post a pointless quote aimed at me, yet you are the one who is naive or ignorant on this topic. Research and personal experience is your friend. Over time you’ll have a better understanding of this topic.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
You have a well-trained eye, because that is very much from a wax. :like:

To be clear, I'm not anti-ceramic coating or PPF, I have a combination of waxes and ceramic coatings on my cars depending on what I need. I have ceramics on daily drivers that are subjected to all conditions, mainly because it makes cleaning easier and safer. But on the "special" cars, I have stuck with waxes and spray sealants for the way they look and the fact I don't need ultimate longevity or chemical resistance.

In terms of those pictures above, they are unedited and taken after the application of Gyeon Q2 Wax, which is a ceramic infused paste wax. Longevity is not its strong suit, but the gloss, slickness and water behavior are extremely impressive.

Gyeon Q2 Wax | Car Supplies Warehouse – Car Supplies Warehouse

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg
I’m going to have to look into this wax. That’s very impressive and well taken care of.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saying it like it is. You post a pointless quote aimed at me, yet you are the one who is naive or ignorant on this topic. Research and personal experience is your friend. Over time you’ll have a better understanding of this topic.
🤫

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I’m going to have to look into this wax. That’s very impressive and well taken care of.
Thanks!

While it won't approach a ceramic coating or even some other waxes, Gyeon Q2 Wax is one of the easiest waxes you will ever use. The unique thing about it is deodorant or lipstick style dispenser bottle.............

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1293

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1298

It can be applied by hand or machine, I like to use a soft black waxing pad to apply an ultra thin and even coat. Screw the base of the bottle raise the wax, then wipe it over the applicator pad and apply using the lowest speed. I then use the supplied foam applicator on the more intricate areas.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1297

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1301

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1303

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1299

After applying to the whole car, you then need to wait 30 minutes for it to set before buffing the residue. Very few waxes wipe off with smoothness like Q2 Wax. In the pictures here, I have applied it to my supercharged Falcon XR8.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1318

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1309

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1313

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-1315

The wax is then maintained with an appropriate drying aid after each wash.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Thanks!

While it won't approach a ceramic coating or even some other waxes, Gyeon Q2 Wax is one of the easiest waxes you will ever use. The unique thing about it is deodorant or lipstick style dispenser bottle.............

IMG-1293.jpg

IMG-1298.jpg

It can be applied by hand or machine, I like to use a soft black waxing pad to apply an ultra thin and even coat. Screw the base of the bottle raise the wax, then wipe it over the applicator pad and apply using the lowest speed. I then use the supplied foam applicator on the more intricate areas.

IMG-1297.jpg

IMG-1301.jpg

IMG-1303.jpg

IMG-1299.jpg

After applying to the whole car, you then need to wait 30 minutes for it to set before buffing the residue. Very few waxes wipe off with smoothness like Q2 Wax. In the pictures here, I have applied it to my supercharged Falcon XR8.

IMG-1318.jpg

IMG-1309.jpg

IMG-1313.jpg

IMG-1315.jpg

The wax is then maintained with an appropriate drying aid after each wash.
That’s a very creative way to have wax. You are making me want to go back to the basics with that deep wet gloss. I miss that look. Since we moved to Florida I felt I needed to go the ceramic route because of the UV intensity here.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That’s a very creative way to have wax. You are making me want to go back to the basics with that deep wet gloss. I miss that look. Since we moved to Florida I felt I needed to go the ceramic route because of the UV intensity here.
Florida would probably be a place where a ceramic coating would be of more benefit. In which case, I would look at either Gyeon Pure EVO or Mohs EVO. Both put a focus on ease of application and a warmer gloss level.

Mohs EVO - "Q² Mohs EVO uses fluoro modified polysilazanes for the first time in the car care industry. Why is that so important? Modifying polysilazanes at the precursory stages bring enormous benefits on all levels; durability, slick and smooth, gloss and extreme hydrophobics'.

Pure EVO - "Q² Pure EVO brings the look of the paintwork to a whole new level, delivering amazing candy gloss."

I have Pure EVO on my daily driver and the Jag. It's only drawback is the lack of slickness, but that is easily addressed by using a drying aid after each wash, which something I always do anyway. The lack of slickness is what has me considering Mohs EVO next time. Apart from that, Pure EVO was very easy to apply and has made washing easier.

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-6809

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-6908

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-6905

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG-0300

S650 Mustang Anyone use Top Coat F-11 Pro Polish and Sealer ? IMG_0313

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Florida would probably be a place where a ceramic coating would be of more benefit. In which case, I would look at either Gyeon Pure EVO or Mohs EVO. Both put a focus on ease of application and a warmer gloss level.

Mohs EVO - "Q² Mohs EVO uses fluoro modified polysilazanes for the first time in the car care industry. Why is that so important? Modifying polysilazanes at the precursory stages bring enormous benefits on all levels; durability, slick and smooth, gloss and extreme hydrophobics'.

Pure EVO - "Q² Pure EVO brings the look of the paintwork to a whole new level, delivering amazing candy gloss."

I have Pure EVO on my daily driver and the Jag. It's only drawback is the lack of slickness, but that is easily addressed by using a drying aid after each wash, which something I always do anyway. The lack of slickness is what has me considering Mohs EVO next time. Apart from that, Pure EVO was very easy to apply and has made washing easier.

IMG-6809.jpg

IMG-6908.jpg

IMG-6905.jpg

IMG-0300.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg
Thanks for the information and the pics. Always good to see the product after applied. I recently started using DIY Detail products and applied their 5 year coating. I will look into these products for our other suv. So far I’ve been impressed with DIY for ease of use and pricing. Time will tell on the coating. I wish I still had more than two vehicles. It was much easier to test products. However, finding the time was a pain.
Sponsored