• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order?

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
On Dec. 18th, 2023, I ordered a 2024 GT convertible from a local Ford dealer. It is an auto, with 401A and AVE in Atlas blue with grey interior. I put a deposit down, and the salesman told me that it should arrive in May 2024. The salesman also said that I should hear something more definite on the timeline in 7-10 days.

I had not heard anything by Jan. 10th, and went back to the dealer and saw the salesman. He went to see that manager, and came back and told me that I would get an email with additional information in 7-10 days. A month later, I have heard nothing from the dealer and am getting frustrated.

I have found a similar car on a dealer's lot - unfortunately it is about a 15 hour drive away, and not a drive you would want to do in a Mustang convertible this time of the year.

I am curious what experiences others who have ordered a new Mustang in Canada have been - first time I ever ordered a car.
Sponsored

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered mine on 27 July. Today I was told it would arrive in 3 weeks.

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on 27 July. Today I was told it would arrive in 3 weeks.
Thanks JAL. Was there any communication from the dealer between the time you ordered it and today? I can understand them not building convertibles and shipping them to Canada this time of the year.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks JAL. Was there any communication from the dealer between the time you ordered it and today?
No communication at all. I asked for an update on my order and they told me I would have it in 3 weeks. Incredulous, I asked for the VIN and they gave it to me!
In their defense, they did manage my expectations when I ordered the car. They told me it would take anywhere between 6-8 months to get it and it will be right on target if I do get it early March as promised.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
On Dec. 18th, 2023, I ordered a 2024 GT convertible from a local Ford dealer. It is an auto, with 401A and AVE in Atlas blue with grey interior. I put a deposit down, and the salesman told me that it should arrive in May 2024. The salesman also said that I should hear something more definite on the timeline in 7-10 days.

I had not heard anything by Jan. 10th, and went back to the dealer and saw the salesman. He went to see that manager, and came back and told me that I would get an email with additional information in 7-10 days. A month later, I have heard nothing from the dealer and am getting frustrated.

I have found a similar car on a dealer's lot - unfortunately it is about a 15 hour drive away, and not a drive you would want to do in a Mustang convertible this time of the year.

I am curious what experiences others who have ordered a new Mustang in Canada have been - first time I ever ordered a car.
I ordered a base GT manual with variable exhaust June 7/23. Sales manager and dealership owner said mid September. I drove it home Sept. 19/23. I live in Ontario.

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I ordered a 301a GT with Nite Pony, Black Appearance and 6spd manual on 01/25/24 and it's scheduled for production 04/08. I'm super excited to get it the timing should be perfect with the good weather showing up.

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a 301a GT with Nite Pony, Black Appearance and 6spd manual on 01/25/24 and it's scheduled for production 04/08. I'm super excited to get it the timing should be perfect with the good weather showing up.
Thanks for that, gives me some hope. I will check with my dealer on Monday, hopefully some news.

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for that, gives me some hope. I will check with my dealer on Monday, hopefully some news.
The big thing you need to know is if the dealer has allocation to cover your order and/or how many retail orders they may have ahead of yours.

I was the only retail orders at the dealership and fortunately they had an open allocation.

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will
The big thing you need to know is if the dealer has allocation to cover your order and/or how many retail orders they may have ahead of yours.

I was the only retail orders at the dealership and fortunately they had an open allocation.
I will be asking exactly those questions. If they cannot give me the right answers, I may move on. There is a dealer in Oshawa, ON that has a car on the lot that is very similar to what I ordered - just would not want to drive it back here this time of the year.

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will

I will be asking exactly those questions. If they cannot give me the right answers, I may move on. There is a dealer in Oshawa, ON that has a car on the lot that is very similar to what I ordered - just would not want to drive it back here this time of the year.
Yeah I understand that. It's frustrating for the dealers also as they never really know when or how many allocations they will receive.

If you bought the one in Oshawa I'm sure they wouldn't mind storing it till you were ready to pick it up.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I ordered mid-may and took delivery late august.

At the time of order, the delaer knew exactly how many allocations they had.

Throughout the process, they were able to tell me if there were any changes in my status and when the production was expected.
Things pretty much happened on the dates they told me with a margin of about 4-5 days (productions date, etc).

Dealers that tell you they don't know their allocation may not have any but don't want to miss the sale...

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I understand that. It's frustrating for the dealers also as they never really know when or how many allocations they will receive.

If you bought the one in Oshawa I'm sure they wouldn't mind storing it till you were ready to pick it up.
Definitely some options before the weather gets better.

Here is the link to the one at Fraser Ford in Oshawa.

https://fraserford.ca/view/new-2024-ford-mustang-900164/

The same as what I ordered, except I ordered grey interior, and I did not order the bronze package. The interior color is not a big issue, but not a fan of the bronze package with the blue - could always paint, or dip, the wheels and emblems.

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Definitely some options before the weather gets better.

Here is the link to the one at Fraser Ford in Oshawa.

https://fraserford.ca/view/new-2024-ford-mustang-900164/

The same as what I ordered, except I ordered grey interior, and I did not order the bronze package. The interior color is not a big issue, but not a fan of the bronze package with the blue - could always paint, or dip, the wheels and emblems.
I think the bronze package looks awesome on the blue, and very unique. The bronze package is tough to get so there aren't many out there.

That said you'd likely have no trouble finding someone to swap wheels with you and the badges are an easy and inexpensive fix.

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I ordered mid-may and took delivery late august.

At the time of order, the delaer knew exactly how many allocations they had.

Throughout the process, they were able to tell me if there were any changes in my status and when the production was expected.
Things pretty much happened on the dates they told me with a margin of about 4-5 days (productions date, etc).

Dealers that tell you they don't know their allocation may not have any but don't want to miss the sale...
Agreed but allocation is handed out monthly so they really don't know what they have coming down the road, only what the current cycle offers.

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I went back into the dealership this morning to talk to the salesman I ordered the car from. I had last spoken to him in early Jan and he had assured me I would have an update in 7-10 days. I had not heard anything since. He checked online and said he had no information on my car. I told him that someone else in Canada who had ordered a Mustang on Jan 24 had received a build date of April 8. He went back on his computer and said that they had a Mustang order for a customer with a build date of April 8 as well, but nothing on my order. I asked about their order allocations and he said that I would have to go back to the dealership tomorrow morning as the “ordering guy” was not in.

Unless they can give me something concrete tomorrow, I am done with them, and will pursue other avenues to get a car, even if it means ordering a 2025 from another dealer and taking delivery next Spring. I am sure if I walk it will be a fight to get my deposit back, but we shall see. Why is a little communication so hard for businesses now days?
Sponsored