• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 - Dark Horse - Wanting to trade my Recaros for the Original Blue Seats

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
Hi everyone, I finally found the car I wanted and in stock at a local dealer. Test drove it and I was not sure I liked the Recaro seats. I may make another thread about it as I wonder if they will mould to my back in a short time.

I was unable to get them changed before buying and paid the $1800.00 upgrade. I am trying to find someone that wanted the Recaros and we could trade them out, with a some cash to make me feel better. LOL

I am in the Toronto area, East end near Oshawa but we could meet somewhere. Not sure how easy they are to swap out but i am sure we could find out. Here is the seats I am looking for.

S650 Mustang 2024 - Dark Horse - Wanting to trade my Recaros for the Original Blue Seats 2024_ford_mustang-Original Seat
Sponsored

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
I’m happy with the seats I have but I’m curious - have you looked into how to reprogram the screen to enable/disable seat heat/cooling controls? Also, have you checked whether the right wiring harness is going to the seats to power the features of non-Recaro seats? I could be wrong but I think only the base cloth seats are fully manual like the Recaros.

OP
OP
DRKKNITE

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
I’m happy with the seats I have but I’m curious - have you looked into how to reprogram the screen to enable/disable seat heat/cooling controls? Also, have you checked whether the right wiring harness is going to the seats to power the features of non-Recaro seats? I could be wrong but I think only the base cloth seats are fully manual like the Recaros.
Thanks for your reply but I am trying to trade FOR the regular electric seats. I do not like the Recaros. My back seems a bit wide and they are very tight. Maybe they will break in.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Are you wanting to trade the seats only or the whole car? If it’s just the seats / i doubt it can happen - wiring is different - memory functionally and the indicator lights on the mirrors do not come with the recaros.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
Thanks for your reply but I am trying to trade FOR the regular electric seats. I do not like the Recaros. My back seems a bit wide and they are very tight. Maybe they will break in.
Yes, your post was clear about that. It’s just that unless you figure out those details, you may not be able to adjust your new seats or use their heat feature. Whoever you’re trading with will probably also need to figure some stuff out beforehand.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Another member didn't like Recaros and was able to swap them with a neighbor. The computer needed some tweaks to get the climate control stuff working and he didn't have the memory buttons on the door. If you're willing to live with a few restrictions, the wiring is there and it's a surprisingly simple thing to do. I am not sure where the thread is but a little digging should turn it up.