• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order?

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
Well, I went back into the dealership this morning to talk to the salesman I ordered the car from. I had last spoken to him in early Jan and he had assured me I would have an update in 7-10 days. I had not heard anything since. He checked online and said he had no information on my car. I told him that someone else in Canada who had ordered a Mustang on Jan 24 had received a build date of April 8. He went back on his computer and said that they had a Mustang order for a customer with a build date of April 8 as well, but nothing on my order. I asked about their order allocations and he said that I would have to go back to the dealership tomorrow morning as the “ordering guy” was not in.

Unless they can give me something concrete tomorrow, I am done with them, and will pursue other avenues to get a car, even if it means ordering a 2025 from another dealer and taking delivery next Spring. I am sure if I walk it will be a fight to get my deposit back, but we shall see. Why is a little communication so hard for businesses now days?
The level of communication you seem to be experiencing is consistent with my dealer, in that they're not pro-active about sharing updates and the front-line sales guys may not be up on model allocations. My sales guy was pretty good about replying to my questions over email when I asked, though.

IMHO, if you find out they have no allocations, you might get your car sooner by going elsewhere but it's very doubtful you'd get your deposit back in that scenario. The whole point of deposits is to discourage you from walking away, leaving them with a car they may not otherwise have wanted in inventory. Unless you have rock-solid proof of them having misled you somehow, they'll keep the money.

One thing you could try might be to ask them if they can get you an in-stock Mustang from another dealership through some sort of trade, in which case your deposit could be applied against the next car. This is easiest if they think they can easily sell the one you ordered to someone else shortly after it arrives. If you ordered it with PP or any option that's been restricted to retail orders then they might have less reason to complain because they wouldn't have been able to get that right away without you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
The level of communication you seem to be experiencing is consistent with my dealer, in that they're not pro-active about sharing updates and the front-line sales guys may not be up on model allocations. My sales guy was pretty good about replying to my questions over email when I asked, though.

IMHO, if you find out they have no allocations, you might get your car sooner by going elsewhere but it's very doubtful you'd get your deposit back in that scenario. The whole point of deposits is to discourage you from walking away, leaving them with a car they may not otherwise have wanted in inventory. Unless you have rock-solid proof of them having misled you somehow, they'll keep the money.

One thing you could try might be to ask them if they can get you an in-stock Mustang from another dealership through some sort of trade, in which case your deposit could be applied against the next car. This is easiest if they think they can easily sell the one you ordered to someone else shortly after it arrives. If you ordered it with PP or any option that's been restricted to retail orders then they might have less reason to complain because they wouldn't have been able to get that right away without you.
Thanks for that. There is some comfort in knowing that I am not the only one with a car order that is experiencing that level of communication. When I placed the order, the dealer agreed to knock $3000 off the retail price (but then added a mandatory $700 tire/wheel insurance) which was appreciated.

I see that there are a number of Ontario dealers offering 2024 GT convertibles up to $5000 - almost $7000 less than retail. So, if I walk and lose my deposit, that will be my next avenue. I have manually searched just about every Ford dealer in Canada and found just 4 Atlas Blue GT convertibles in stock (1 shows sale pending), so will likely be looking for black (plentiful) or Grabber Blue.

I'll cross my fingers for positive news from the dealer tomorrow.

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I don't know if it was keeping my fingers crossed, or just luck, but I got some great news at the dealership this morning. Apparently my car was built the week of Feb. 12, shipped Feb. 16, and is supposed to arrive here between March 6 - 12. The salesman advised that the order number had been changed, and that's why he could not locate it yesterday. I cannot believe that I will have my car in 2-3 weeks, just as the weather here should be getting decent. No communication throughout the process from the dealer, but the job got done and I am happy. Thanks again to those who urged me to be patient. I located it on the Ford Canada tracking site when I got home.
S650 Mustang Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order? 2024 Mustang ShippedBL

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well, I don't know if it was keeping my fingers crossed, or just luck, but I got some great news at the dealership this morning. Apparently my car was built the week of Feb. 12, shipped Feb. 16, and is supposed to arrive here between March 6 - 12. The salesman advised that the order number had been changed, and that's why he could not locate it yesterday. I cannot believe that I will have my car in 2-3 weeks, just as the weather here should be getting decent. No communication throughout the process from the dealer, but the job got done and I am happy. Thanks again to those who urged me to be patient. I located it on the Ford Canada tracking site when I got home.
2024 Mustang ShippedBL.jpg
Great news!

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang ShippedBL.jpg
Wow, that's great news! Yours seems to have leapfrogged mine, in fact. I'm still at "Built" with a date of 2/19 but it's not shipped yet. Ford Performance Chat confirmed it's waiting to be shipped and provided an ETA of Feb 28-March 5, though, possibly because Toronto is closer to Flat Rock than Charlottetown? I just hope it doesn't sit too long before they load it up!

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that's great news! Yours seems to have leapfrogged mine, in fact. I'm still at "Built" with a date of 2/19 but it's not shipped yet. Ford Performance Chat confirmed it's waiting to be shipped and provided an ETA of Feb 28-March 5, though, possibly because Toronto is closer to Flat Rock than Charlottetown? I just hope it doesn't sit too long before they load it up!
Thanks, and good luck with yours. You are getting both the PP and NP packages, which may have delayed your production. Obviously we have no rail service here on PEI. I am curious as to whether or not it would come part way east by rail from Flat Rock, then be put on a truck, or if it would be trucked the whole way.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today I checked the tracker and it looked like this:
S650 Mustang Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order? Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.08.34 AM

... where the green dots disappear and the top of the screen reverts to saying my order has only been confirmed. Other threads on this forum have explained that this likely means that the vehicle has shipped. (As someone with web development experience, I'm guessing there's a status value that the tracker application logic doesn't handle properly). Anyway, since my "last updated" date also changed to 2/21, I figured I should check in again with Ford Performance chat.

Sure enough, the agent told me the order "shows as 'In Transit, Shipped VIA Road Convoy' and has an ETA delivery dates of 02/19-02/25 of when it should be arriving at the dealership". He followed up by saying that it's probably going to be on the latest date of that range and asked that I reach out to them after it arrives so they can get a sense for themselves of how accurate the ETAs are.

I'm curious about the system's ETA logic and why it would start the date range in the past. It might be allowing for earlier status updates having been delayed, or it could just be a bug...

Anyway, if this ETA is even close to accurate, the car's arriving much earlier than I've been expecting and I'm now fervently hoping for an early spring!

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today I checked the tracker and it looked like this:
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.08.34 AM.png

... where the green dots disappear and the top of the screen reverts to saying my order has only been confirmed. Other threads on this forum have explained that this likely means that the vehicle has shipped. (As someone with web development experience, I'm guessing there's a status value that the tracker application logic doesn't handle properly). Anyway, since my "last updated" date also changed to 2/21, I figured I should check in again with Ford Performance chat.

Sure enough, the agent told me the order "shows as 'In Transit, Shipped VIA Road Convoy' and has an ETA delivery dates of 02/19-02/25 of when it should be arriving at the dealership". He followed up by saying that it's probably going to be on the latest date of that range and asked that I reach out to them after it arrives so they can get a sense for themselves of how accurate the ETAs are.

I'm curious about the system's ETA logic and why it would start the date range in the past. It might be allowing for earlier status updates having been delayed, or it could just be a bug...

Anyway, if this ETA is even close to accurate, the car's arriving much earlier than I've been expecting and I'm now fervently hoping for an early spring!
Congratulations, we are in the same situation. When I placed the order in December, the dealer said that it would likely be May before I got the car - now looks like early March. Our cars were built the same week, but mine has a built date and a shipped date of Feb. 16.

While both our cars appear to have been shipped, mine has check marks across to "Shipped", which has the green dot.

Just happy that I (we) will have my car when I will.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot tip! For anyone whose window sticker says "Convoy", if your car is built, there's a chance it's being shipped by Cassens Transport. If so, you may be able to look up the pre-delivery receipt, which shows an ETA at the dealership. Search by VIN here:
https://www.cassens.com/#/delivery-receipt

If mine is accurate, my dealer should be receiving my Mustang and a couple of Broncos in about an hour... We'll see!

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot tip! For anyone whose window sticker says "Convoy", if your car is built, there's a chance it's being shipped by Cassens Transport. If so, you may be able to look up the pre-delivery receipt, which shows an ETA at the dealership. Search by VIN here:
https://www.cassens.com/#/delivery-receipt

If mine is accurate, my dealer should be receiving my Mustang and a couple of Broncos in about an hour... We'll see!
I searched my VIN, but nothing came up. They may use a different company to transport to PEI and the east coast. It would only allow me to select dates to Feb 25, mine is not due at the dealer until at least March 6, so maybe that is why it is not coming up. Good luck with your car.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Refreshed the search a few minutes ago and the Cassens pre-delivery report has been updated to a delivery report! Dealership signed for my car less than an hour ago. Now to connect with my salesman to figure out when it'll be ready to pick up.

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I searched my VIN, but nothing came up. They may use a different company to transport to PEI and the east coast. It would only allow me to select dates to Feb 25, mine is not due at the dealer until at least March 6, so maybe that is why it is not coming up. Good luck with your car.
Were you able to pick it up?

OP
OP
KABStang

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you able to pick it up?
Yes, followed the tracker and the scheduled arrival dates changed every couple of days. On the morning of Feb 29, the arrival date at the dealer was showing as Mar 3 - 12. I called the salesman at the dealer and he did a search and said it looked like the car was in northern New Brunswick.

At 1:00 pm, the salesman called me and said that the car had arrived and just been unloaded from the truck. I went over to the dealership, about a 15 min drive, and he gave me a key fob, and I looked over the whole car and did not see any issues. I told him to not wash it or put a dealer sticker on it while doing the PDI, and picked it up the following afternoon.

While there is still lots of snow here, it was -12 out, and the roads were pretty bare. I drove the car home, and put it in my garage. I gave it a good wash the following day and put a cover and a battery tender on it. I have not driven it, but have activated Ford Pass, paired my phone, and spent a fair bit of time setting favourites and getting to know the various screens and settings.

No issues with the car at all, paint is very good overall and all of the panel gaps look good. It will likely be around the end of March before the weather and road conditions have cleared up to the point where I will take it out on the road - cannot wait. Here are a few pictures.

S650 Mustang Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order? IMG_6316
S650 Mustang Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order? IMG_1920
S650 Mustang Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order? IMG_6380
S650 Mustang Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order? IMG_6392
S650 Mustang Anyone in Canada have a 2024 on order? 2024 Mustang ShippedBL

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, followed the tracker and the scheduled arrival dates changed every couple of days. On the morning of Feb 29, the arrival date at the dealer was showing as Mar 3 - 12. I called the salesman at the dealer and he did a search and said it looked like the car was in northern New Brunswick.

At 1:00 pm, the salesman called me and said that the car had arrived and just been unloaded from the truck. I went over to the dealership, about a 15 min drive, and he gave me a key fob, and I looked over the whole car and did not see any issues. I told him to not wash it or put a dealer sticker on it while doing the PDI, and picked it up the following afternoon.

While there is still lots of snow here, it was -12 out, and the roads were pretty bare. I drove the car home, and put it in my garage. I gave it a good wash the following day and put a cover and a battery tender on it. I have not driven it, but have activated Ford Pass, paired my phone, and spent a fair bit of time setting favourites and getting to know the various screens and settings.

No issues with the car at all, paint is very good overall and all of the panel gaps look good. It will likely be around the end of March before the weather and road conditions have cleared up to the point where I will take it out on the road - cannot wait. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_6316.jpeg
IMG_1920.jpeg
IMG_6380.jpeg
IMG_6392.jpeg
2024 Mustang ShippedBL.jpeg
Congratulations, the car looks great. Nice match to that new edge as well!