• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any downside to ordering twice?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Another dealership has guaranteed that if I order with them that my order will be scheduled soon.

I already have an order with a local dealership.

The new dealership promised free delivery and no deposit. Is there any downside to having two orders?

Can I just have both up then cancel whichever doesn't get scheduled first with no downsides?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Another dealership has guaranteed that if I order with them that my order will be scheduled soon.

The new dealership promised free delivery...
"guaranteed". "scheduled soon". Can they define that? How do they do that versus other dealers placing their orders, possibly ones with stronger sales histories? Does this dealer have some sort of pull with the regional manager?

"free delivery". The dealer is comping you for destination and delivery?

In light of the current economy, the second dealer seems overly generous. What are they seeking in return?

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
"guaranteed". "scheduled soon". Can they define that? How do they do that versus other dealers placing their orders, possibly ones with stronger sales histories? Does this dealer have some sort of pull with the regional manager?

"free delivery". The dealer is comping you for destination and delivery?

On both interests, in light of the current economy, the second dealer seems generous. Any reason why?
Why is not my concern. I'm just wondering if there is a downside. There's no fee for canceling an order or anything right? (Obviously whichever doesn't arrive first will be cancelled)

@Stratman397 you canceled an order right? Were there any downsides?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Why is not my concern. I'm just wondering if there is a downside. There's no fee for canceling an order or anything right? (Obviously whichever doesn't arrive first will be cancelled)

@Stratman397 you canceled an order right? Were there any downsides?
The first one I ordered had $1000 down payment, the only reason I got mine back was because I had to cancel it and he said that they had not done anything with the order yet at the Ford factory, so they gave me my money back. The second dealership was terrible, and after they screwed up, and I saw it was gonna take a long time to ever start on mine. I told him to cancel it when I saw that my first one was in. Of course they havenā€™t canceled it but I didnā€™t have to pay anything on that one, so no big deal. I just wish someone from out of state would buy it when itā€™s done because I donā€™t want two of them the same color running around town.šŸ˜€

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I already have an order with a local dealership.

The new dealership promised free delivery and no deposit. Is there any downside to having two orders?

Can I just have both up then cancel whichever doesn't get scheduled first with no downsides?
You can if you didnā€™t put any money down on the first one. If you order the exact same thing, the first one will probably be done first

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
You can if you didnā€™t put any money down on the first one. If you order the exact same thing, the first one will probably be done first
The 2nd dealership is a much larger one and constantly is getting mustangs in, while my local dealer hasn't even got a single 2024 ordered into their lot yet. So i'm thinking theres a possibility that the first one just has a larger allocation bank.

No hurt in trying when i don't have to put a deposit down is my thought

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2nd dealership is a much larger one and constantly is getting mustangs in, while my local dealer hasn't even got a single 2024 ordered into their lot yet. So i'm thinking theres a possibility that the first one just has a larger allocation bank.

No hurt in trying when i don't have to put a deposit down is my thought
Agree! Did you put a deposit down on the first one? And when I saw mine was in I just got a hold of the second dealer and told him to cancel my order, and didnā€™t tell him why it is scheduled to be built November 20 now. I just donā€™t see how a dealer to get the night pony any sooner than another dealer, thatā€™s what doesnā€™t make sense.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Agree! Did you put a deposit down on the first one? And when I saw mine was in I just got a hold of the second dealer and told him to cancel my order, and didnā€™t tell him why it is scheduled to be built November 20 now. I just donā€™t see how a dealer to get the night pony any sooner than another dealer, thatā€™s what doesnā€™t make sense.
Yes, only a $500 deposit on the first one. Second dealer said its illegal for a dealership to hold your deposit, so I'll try to get it back IF the second order comes in first, but we'll see.

They've had 4-5 nite pony's show up on their lot in the past couple weeks, so who knows. Just figured it's worth a try.

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Might as well. That 2nd dealer probably actually hopes that you do end up cancelling. That order doesn't count against their books, so it would be like them getting an additional car on the lot.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, only a $500 deposit on the first one. Second dealer said its illegal for a dealership to hold your deposit, so I'll try to get it back IF the second order comes in first, but we'll see.

They've had 4-5 nite pony's show up on their lot in the past couple weeks, so who knows. Just figured it's worth a try.
You didnā€™t like any of them that theyā€™ve gotten in?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You didnā€™t like any of them that theyā€™ve gotten in?
Actually, it depends on what state you live in? Most states they can keep your money. Thatā€™s what the deposit is for. If you back out, they get the deposit that happens on sales of homes too. The only time you get your money back if the deal falls through, but if you just decide you donā€™t want it. There goes your money.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm going through the same thing. Thanks to the advice from this group, I cancelled my X-Plan order I had with a nasty dealer who I had a bad feeling about from day one. I emailed my local mom and pop dealer who sells mostly SUV and trucks the salesman I bought my last Mustang from accepted X-Plan no questions asked. I was literally at the dealer for 15 minutes. No extra dealer added stuff, no mandatory financing etc...Now let's see if I get my $500 back from dealer #1. My wife was with me when we did that deal and the salesman clearly said fully refundable. In fact he added something like "if you don't take the car, I'll have it sold in 24 hours"... We shall see .

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going through the same thing. Thanks to the advice from this group, I cancelled my X-Plan order I had with a nasty dealer who I had a bad feeling about from day one. I emailed my local mom and pop dealer who sells mostly SUV and trucks the salesman I bought my last Mustang from accepted X-Plan no questions asked. I was literally at the dealer for 15 minutes. No extra dealer added stuff, no mandatory financing etc...Now let's see if I get my $500 back from dealer #1. My wife was with me when we did that deal and the salesman clearly said fully refundable. In fact he added something like "if you don't take the car, I'll have it sold in 24 hours"... We shall see .
You did t get your $500 back yet?
Sponsored