• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Adding Active Valve Performance Exhaust to a non-AE is feasible? Case closed. Doesn't seem it's feasible

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
2024 04 29 updates

Since we have limited information about S650, @roket has a concern that the reprogramming I did might cause system crashes if SYNC were to be updated. He recommended me turning off automatic updates to avoid this. Unfortunately, I forgot to disable automatic updates, but despite the SYNC update on April 26, 2024, my vehicle is functioning well without any issues related to the reprogramming. I plan to continue monitoring this moving forward.

Additionally, all Ford OEM parts and the full cat-back active exhaust system are scheduled for delivery this week. On Sunday, May 5th, I will install and test them. I will keep posting updates.

Finger crossed 🤞

S650 Mustang Adding Active Valve Performance Exhaust to a non-AE is feasible? Case closed. Doesn't seem it's feasible IMG_1739.PNG
Sponsored

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
2024 04 29 updates

Additionally, all Ford OEM parts and the full cat-back active exhaust system are scheduled for delivery this week. On Sunday, May 5th, I will install and test them. I will keep posting updates.

Finger crossed 🤞

IMG_1739.PNG
Did end up getting to it?

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
Ended up with nothing so far. Installed the full exhaust system with actuators and their harnesses, AE doesn’t work on the system. I will try to find how to make it work tomorrow. My guess is I only changed some codes on instrument panel module so PCM doesn’t know it has active exhaust. I believe Piggyback PCM is the best way for this case not to void warranty but it’s hard to find more info since S650 is brand new

S650 Mustang Adding Active Valve Performance Exhaust to a non-AE is feasible? Case closed. Doesn't seem it's feasible IMG_1885

S650 Mustang Adding Active Valve Performance Exhaust to a non-AE is feasible? Case closed. Doesn't seem it's feasible IMG_1881

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
🔥

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My guess is I only changed some codes on instrument panel module so PCM doesn’t know it has active exhaust. I believe Piggyback PCM is the best way for this case not to void warranty but it’s hard to find more info since S650 is brand new
If you would like I can try and do some research tonight by comparing 2 identical cars just one with AE and seeing what blocks are different

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
If you would like I can try and do some research tonight by comparing 2 identical cars just one with AE and seeing what blocks are different
I appreciate your assistance but I've tried to find the diff on blocks. I didn't find anything. please see the link below. This is what I worked on before
Link

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I appreciate your assistance but I've tried to find the diff on blocks. I didn't find anything. please see the link below. This is what I worked on before
Link
So after trying a bunch of things I believe that the only way for the car to “know” that it has a active exhaust is to tune the pcm which I don’t think can be done on the s650 as of right now

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
So after trying a bunch of things I believe that the only way for the car to “know” that it has a active exhaust is to tune the pcm which I don’t think can be done on the s650 as of right now
Yes. It seems we have to work on the ECU that is locked at the moment. I've contacted Ford service if they can provide reprogramming and they said they can't guarantee but they can reprogram my ecu. I will get more details about this tomorrow like what modules they will work on or if they will reprogram pcm etc

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yes. It seems we have to work on the ECU that is locked at the moment. I've contacted Ford service if they can provide reprogramming and they said they can't guarantee but they can reprogram my ecu. I will get more details about this tomorrow like what modules they will work on or if they will reprogram pcm etc
I went and talked to the people at my ford dealer and they said no matter what adding the factory way is risky so I wonder if there is possibly a way to get like a 3rd party knob to control how much it opens

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
I went and talked to the people at my ford dealer and they said no matter what adding the factory way is risky so I wonder if there is possibly a way to get like a 3rd party knob to control how much it opens
If you find anything can remote the valve flip and it’s remote control, you can install and use. For me, I don’t want to have that 3rd party controller. What did your dealer said ? I talked to ford service and they said their programming tech can reprogram the ECU modules but no guaranty since they haven’t tried before. I can’t still make decision. It will cost me another 180bucks

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There has to be more modules that need to be changed to get his to work for you. I know when there were issues with my valves it locked me out of drive modes, displayed an error message on the screen and I had a CEL.
You might have to go through each and every option in Forscan to figure it out. Best way would be to find an exact build as yours but with AFE.

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you find anything can remote the valve flip and it’s remote control, you can install and use. For me, I don’t want to have that 3rd party controller. What did your dealer said ? I talked to ford service and they said their programming tech can reprogram the ECU modules but no guaranty since they haven’t tried before. I can’t still make decision. It will cost me another 180bucks
My dealer just said since its locked they don't belive it can be done however my dealer is pretty small so I will have to call a larger service centre tomorrow and see what they say because I believe it can. in my opinion I think we are missing something in forscan because some people were able to add it on the 23 s550 with just forscan and no pcm tune

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
There has to be more modules that need to be changed to get his to work for you. I know when there were issues with my valves it locked me out of drive modes, displayed an error message on the screen and I had a CEL.
You might have to go through each and every option in Forscan to figure it out. Best way would be to find an exact build as yours but with AFE.

My dealer just said since its locked they don't belive it can be done however my dealer is pretty small so I will have to call a larger service centre tomorrow and see what they say because I believe it can. in my opinion I think we are missing something in forscan because some people were able to add it on the 23 s550 with just forscan and no pcm tune

Yes you are right. I also think we are missing something more on Forscan. However, I've compared all the address between mine and one with AE but I didn't find significant difference but PCM since Forscan doesn't have an access to it.

See the link below for your reference. Link

As far as what I know, FDRS aka Ford Diagnostic and Repair Software with dealer account has an access to PCM. I am not sure if it means they can reprogramming to retrofit AE though

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ended up with nothing so far. Installed the full exhaust system with actuators and their harnesses, AE doesn’t work on the system. I will try to find how to make it work tomorrow. My guess is I only changed some codes on instrument panel module so PCM doesn’t know it has active exhaust. I believe Piggyback PCM is the best way for this case not to void warranty but it’s hard to find more info since S650 is brand new

IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1881.jpeg
I realized my s650 may have the s550 borla exhaust so would it be possible you could send me a pic of the actuators and harness connectors or if @roket would know if I could plus the s650 harness in the s550 actuators

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
Updated 5 13rd, 2024

I've tried to retrofit AE so far. I got all OEM parts like actuators, harnesses, its connectors and full active valve exhaust that retains OEM AE system, but there is no way to add AE to PCM at the moment. I asked many Ford techs and was told that FDRS ,aka Ford Diagnostic and Repair Software, decodes a VIN and does not allow access to that are not in the build table for that VIN.

Since I have already confirmed it using my own money, don't waste your money for now.

There may chance to access it via Forscan one day.
Sponsored