• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Adding Active Valve Performance Exhaust to a non-AE is feasible? Case closed. Doesn't seem it's feasible

Slothman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Vapor Blue Nite Pony
Updated 5 13rd, 2024

I've tried to retrofit AE so far. I got all OEM parts like actuators, harnesses, its connectors and full active valve exhaust that retains OEM AE system, but there is no way to add AE to PCM at the moment. I asked many Ford techs and was told that FDRS ,aka Ford Diagnostic and Repair Software, decodes a VIN and does not allow access to that are not in the build table for that VIN.

Since I have already confirmed it using my own money, don't waste your money for now.

There may chance to access it via Forscan one day.
Did you only make chances to the IPC module? I found a line in the ACM for active exhaust too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diodict

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT conv
Did you only make chances to the IPC module? I found a line in the ACM for active exhaust too.
Yeah I did. I’ve already looked into the as-built data for non-AE VIN and VIN with AE, and I used Forscan to make them match, but the AE functionality isn’t working(It showed up on SYNC but that's about it) I changed lines in the modules follow:

Instrument Panel Control (IPC)
720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x*--
Selectable Drive Mode (SDM) • Dual Exhausts (DE) • Exhaust Mode Button (EMB) • Eco Mode RTT (EMRTT) (EMB=Exhaust mode selection in the centerstack)

720-10-01 *xxx xxxx xx--
Transmission Temperature Curve (TTC) • Tunable Exhausts (TE) • Cross Traffic Message (CTM)

Accessory Protocol Interface Module(APIM) (SYNC)
7D0-09-03 xxxx xxx* xx--
Drive Control Menu (DCM) • Trailer Brake Controller (TBC) • Tunable Exhausts (TE) • Engine Rev Match (ERM)
7D0-09-05 xxxx x*xx xx--
FoE Seatbelt Warning Strategy (FESWS) • Quiet Time Exhaust Mode (QTEM) • Clear Exit Assist (CEA)

Audio Control Module(ACM)
727-01-03 xxxx xxxx x*--
Auto Tow Haul Signal (ATHS) • Active Exhaust Signal (AES)

Last edited: