• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

About magneride

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Your typical GT buyer isn't going to track it or even drive it under conditions that warrant it. Further, I'd argue that most buyers don't even know what it is, and $2K more makes a car harder to sell to people who don't know what it is.
Erm Magneride is ideal for general road use, so just the opposite of what you are saying!

Certainly doesn't make it harder to sell here, it helps the car to sell second hand!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jacksz

jacksz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG GT PP 401A
Thank you for your careful reply. When I woke up, I found that there were many more messages in this post. Believe me, I carefully checked every message and I am very grateful for your help. Regarding whether this system will effectively improve daily driving, I will compare my car with some of my friend's family cars after it lands. Although in the distant August, haha, the road conditions in my city are very poor and there are many potholes on the road, I believe that if this system works, it will provide me with great assistance in my daily driving. I will continue to update topics about this system after my car lands! Thank you all again!!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Erm Magneride is ideal for general road use, so just the opposite of what you are saying!
Your average everyday Mustang buyer won't know anything about that - which is why they won't pony up the extra $2K when they can say 'No', have a lower car payment and not notice any difference when they drive to the grocery store or pick the kids up from day care.

Certainly doesn't make it harder to sell here, it helps the car to sell second hand!
I'm not talking about the used car market. I'm talking about why dealers don't order every car with the $2K option -- it's harder to sell when the buyer is uninformed and the price is higher.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your average everyday Mustang buyer won't know anything about that - which is why they won't pony up the extra $2K when they can say 'No', have a lower car payment and not notice any difference when they drive to the grocery store or pick the kids up from day care.
Which is your opinion and nothing more.

Based on the views of many others in this thread, including me, the view is the opposite of yours.

Do you even have a Mustang and does it have Magneride?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
MR is not a $1750 option. It's an $7000 option because Ford is just that tone-deaf and HATES their customers by forcing you to buy NOT ONLY a 'premium' trim car for absolutely NO reason, but ALSO the Performance Package.

GM imposes no such naked money-grabbing tactics for Camaro - ignoring for the moment there is no more Camaro.

Ford's MR is decent enough on the street IF they equipped the low trim S650 with the GOOD dampers like they FINALLY put on the Mach1/GT500 then it's a good choice. If it's the same crap the S550 GT/EB gets then do yourself a favor and buy the DH units and swap them in.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MR is not a $1750 option. It's an $7000 option because Ford is just that tone-deaf and HATES their customers by forcing you to buy NOT ONLY a 'premium' trim car for absolutely NO reason, but ALSO the Performance Package.
Agreed. However, I do see far more GTs w/PP without the MR than with it.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is your opinion and nothing more.
Yes, of course it is -- as is yours. That's why they are called 'opinions'. :like:

Based on the views of many others in this thread, including me, the view is the opposite of yours.
I don't take surveys of anonymous Internet posters and claim that they are anything other than opinion.

Do you even have a Mustang and does it have Magneride?
I've owned numerous vehicles that had suspension systems that actively monitor and adjust dampening at each wheel independent of one another. My '16 Z06 had an excellent magnetic ride control. Heck, even one of my SXSs has it (Honda Talon 1000R Fox Live Valve). So, yes, I am very familiar with the technology. I've owned 6 Mustangs over the years, but not an S650 - yet.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I don't know about Canadian roads, but the roads in southern New England are terrible. Any advantage to improve ride quality is worth it, if your budget permits. I went for it, and don't regret it.

If this is a first new car or if you need a lengthy loan to buy this, get a bare-bones package and skip this add on (and its mandatory package requirements).

I worked my tail off and saved for years so I could get everything I wanted. Took longer, but I can't tell you how satisfying it was to pay "cash" and be done. Looking forward to putting on way more than the measly 1k miles I was able to rack up in Sept/Oct. last year. Look up X-Plan pricing and MCA on this forum if you haven't already done so and make sure your dealer participates.

Good luck and enjoy it when it comes in!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
...However, I do see far more GTs w/PP without the MR than with it.
there is a lot of Performance Package GTs and EBs that come in without Magneride. i've been checking in new vehicles at my dealer for nearly 3 years now, and more Mustangs do not have the Performance Package. of the ones that do, I have seen maybe 10 total with Magneride too, and that's of the (late)2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024(so far) model years. this does not count GT500s, Mach 1s, Dark Horses, or any other trim that has Magneride standard

MR is not a $1750 option. It's an $7000 option...
S650 Mustang About magneride 1707938682374

🤔

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there is a lot of Performance Package GTs and EBs that come in without Magneride.
Yes, that is exactly what I said.

Yes, it's $1,750, but you can't get that on a GT without getting the PP for $5K.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
there is a lot of Performance Package GTs and EBs that come in without Magneride. i've been checking in new vehicles at my dealer for nearly 3 years now, and more Mustangs do not have the Performance Package. of the ones that do, I have seen maybe 10 total with Magneride too, and that's of the (late)2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024(so far) model years. this does not count GT500s, Mach 1s, Dark Horses, or any other trim that has Magneride standard

1707938682374.png

🤔
I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, but for the first few months of production the PP was restricted to customer orders only and dealers weren't able to order a PP Mustang for stock with that option, which is why you rarely saw a PP on the dealers floor unless it was a customer ordered car that the customer backed out of.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, of course it is -- as is yours. That's why they are called 'opinions'. :like:

I don't take surveys of anonymous Internet posters and claim that they are anything other than opinion.

I've owned numerous vehicles that had suspension systems that actively monitor and adjust dampening at each wheel independent of one another. My '16 Z06 had an excellent magnetic ride control. Heck, even one of my SXSs has it (Honda Talon 1000R Fox Live Valve). So, yes, I am very familiar with the technology. I've owned 6 Mustangs over the years, but not an S650 - yet.
The difference is I have an opinion based on a Mustang with Magneride, as do the other posters above.

You seem to be arguing against yourself suggesting that the magneride (Z06) is great, but then Mustang people are too stupid to notice the difference.

I will leave it for others to decide on the value of your opinion!

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
In Canada, to get the Mag Ride ($2500 cdn) you must order PP ($7000 cdn)

I could not justify the $9500 cost for a performance handling package on a Convertible.

Even if I am a hard core track driver (in my own mind...)

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I never owned nor drove a car with Magnaride suspension. So even if the Dark Horse did not include it, I was still going to opt for it anyway just to see how it was to live with. To the OP, if you find yourself in a similar situation, I say go for it. "It's the only way to be sure."

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference is I have an opinion based on a Mustang with Magneride, as do the other posters above.

You seem to be arguing against yourself suggesting that the magneride (Z06) is great, but then Mustang people are too stupid to notice the difference.
Z06 buyers know what they want and what options they are getting for a 6-figure car, while - yes - a majority of the *typical* Mustang buyers don't have a clue and probably wouldn't know the difference between disc brakes and drum brakes. Hell, most can't drive a stick!

No, not all. But many.

I will leave it for others to decide on the value of your opinion!
That is so kind of you to do.

P.S. - Just ordered my GT about an hour ago. Yes, I ordered the Magneride ... 😉
Sponsored