• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

300A GT 6MT test drive

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I won't be stopping by to trash your opinion because it differs from mine.
I didn't trash your opinion. I said anyone looking at the cars should drive one and form their own opinion just like you did. I'll stay off your thread. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sponsored

Last edited:

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
<$300/mo lease and $5000 gas card.
You are asking for a lot of car for very little money.

Every single thing you've listed as a problem has a remedy available as an option. Yeah, it increases the price by a sizable chunk, but I'd rather a FOO GT or 600A at 60k than 90 for a comparable M2, 100+ for a comparable M4, and don't get me started on the Mercedes alternatives.

We are no longer living in a time when prices are going to be sub-40k for something nice. Honestly, I'm surprised the car was even anywhere near that cheap to begin with. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it's the reality. If Ford were to offer all you're asking for at a payment that low, and give away 5 grand for gas, we would not have even so much as had the pleasure of a fantasy of a 7th gen.

I'm not saying you're wrong for your opinion - far from. You're entitled to yours as much as everyone else is to theirs. I'm just saying, if you're going to write off the car, I would advise you provide better reasons other than "The 300A isn't a 401".

By the way, your Scat in today's prices would likely fly as high as 60. A FOO GT is around that number.

OP
OP

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
You are asking for a lot of car for very little money.
hey nobody said it had to be a REASONABLE or realistic criteria. :) :)
With how many things are "wrong" with the car, you have to bribe me. Bigly!

With 200+ cars on the lot, I just might get so lucky. :)

By the way, your Scat in today's prices would likely fly as high as 60. A FOO GT is around that number.
Oh I know it! Mine is a '21. It was 57k MSRP. I bought it at $42 three months old. I would NEVER buy the SCAT at recent asking prices. The low trims in Mustang are fine. In the Challenger they are insufferable. The only way to buy that car is with it tarted up with the alcantera and sport seats and so on and so forth. But the price is mind-boggling insane when so configured.

Last edited:

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
labor is only 3-5%, need to rollback Trump tariffs, that alone is 25% of cost increases
How the HECK are you privy to the expenses of Ford and the actual cost of doing business? EXACTLY what tariff is causing a 25 percent cost increase ...? Of course you must have Trump derangement syndrome since you need to insert him into the conversation. Any more made up "^&*()" crap you want to throw in there?

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
uh, duh? And what of all the other professional reviews that were not exactly kind about the car? Are they also to be dismissed with a hand-wave?

that's a HUGE game changer all on it's own. Maybe Ford managed to improve over the S550 incarnation that came with the PP1/EBPP. The dealer didn't have one of those for me to try - at least not readily at hand.

Of course you should go drive the car. All cars under consideration. You may LOVE the s650. you may not, and instead go buy an IS350 F-sport for same money and be much happier.
Just like you these reviewers for the most part spent very little time with the car. In addition the car they spent time with had an option list that does change the character of the car. The magnaride is an improvement over the S550 iteration imo.

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
uh, duh? And what of all the other professional reviews that were not exactly kind about the car? Are they also to be dismissed with a hand-wave?

that's a HUGE game changer all on it's own. Maybe Ford managed to improve over the S550 incarnation that came with the PP1/EBPP. The dealer didn't have one of those for me to try - at least not readily at hand.

Of course you should go drive the car. All cars under consideration. You may LOVE the s650. you may not, and instead go buy an IS350 F-sport for same money and be much happier.
AN IS350 AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you in my rear view mirror, you can fixate on my tail lights.

OP
OP

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
AN IS350 ... See you in my rear view mirror, you can fixate on my tail lights.
since when is that even a criteria in buying a car? It is for you apparently, but the other 2/3rds that buy the Ecoboost?

I have no opinon on the IS350 pro or con. I just keep seeing them around the place and looked them up on MT and it turns out they are priced the same as the GT I drove. Hence the impromptu comparison reference. No doubt a meager 350HP vs the v8 would not be a fair fight.

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
since when is that even a criteria in buying a car? It is for you apparently, but the other 2/3rds that buy the Ecoboost?

I have no opinon on the IS350 pro or con. I just keep seeing them around the place and looked them up on MT and it turns out they are priced the same as the GT I drove. Hence the impromptu comparison reference. No doubt a meager 350HP vs the v8 would not be a fair fight.
I actually like the looks of the Lexus. Your Audi S5 has a v8 as I recall which is a great powerplant. Yes a cars performance is a deciding factor in my purchases. If you want to cross shop a car that performs as well as the S650 at similar cost you should consider the BMW M240i. I love the BMW as it's so refined but I prefer the S650. The BMW is a better daily.

OP
OP

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Your Audi S5 has a v8 as I recall which is a great powerplant.
if you don't have to pay $3000 to walnut the head and valves because the Direct Injection fouls it up. Or $650 for a new starter (TWICE!!), $1000 for a new alternator, $300 for a new giant battery, and $2600 for labor to replace said starter after a $150 pyro-fuse malfunctioned and fries the entire starting system. After you backed into a 4" high sidewalk/curb that you didn't see trying to leave Chipotle :)

Yes a cars performance is a deciding factor in my purchases. If you want to cross shop a car that performs as well as the S650 at similar cost you should consider the BMW M240i.
after the above, I'm quite done with German engineered stupidity. Ford by comparison is a jewel of enlightened thought, even if Detroit engineering graduates can't manage to paint a car properly or butt 2 pieces of sheet metal together without a 6mm gap.

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you don't have to pay $3000 to walnut the head and valves because the Direct Injection fouls it up. Or $650 for a new starter, $1000 for a new alternator, $300 for a new giant battery, and $2600 for labor to replace said starter after a $150 pyro-fuse malfunctioned and fries the entire starting system. After you backed into a 4" high sidewalk/curb that you didn't see trying to leave Chipotle :)

after the above, I'm quite done with German engineered stupidity. Ford by comparison is a jewel of enlightened thought, even if Detroit engineering graduates can't manage to paint a car properly or butt 2 pieces of sheet metal together without a 6mm gap.
Sorry to hear that. The mustang 5.0 has direct injection as well as port injection to increase efficiency and avoid head and valve issues that port injection only causes. I personally will only buy certain European vehicles without a warranty. The new Acura TLX type S is probably bullet proof.

Last edited:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
How the HECK are you privy to the expenses of Ford and the actual cost of doing business?
because I’m an insider at the blue oval, and this is when we said goodbye to 35-40K dollar mustangs and hello to 50K plus.
IMG_1176.png

We need this repealed, but the damage is already done.

OP
OP

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
maybe so. But there is NO excuse for us importing steel and aluminum. We should be making that right here. ok, I'm not sure how much bauxite we have in-country, but Australia is still fairly friendly, so maybe we wean them off the Chinese teat.

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that. I personally will only buy certain European vehicles without a warranty. The new Acura TLX type S is probably bullet proof.
because I’m an insider at the blue oval, and this is when we said goodbye to 35-40K dollar mustangs and hello to 50K plus.
IMG_1176.png

You are running on many assumptions. You don't know the metal cost in a Mustang. You also don't know what Ford pays for it and the increase if any.

"Does Ford still make its own steel?

In 1920, Ford began making its own primary steel at its River Rouge automobile complex in Dearborn. The steel plant still operates today, under the ownership of Cleveland-Cliffs, surrounded on all sides by residential neighborhoods.Oct 25, 2023"

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
maybe so. But there is NO excuse for us importing steel and aluminum. We should be making that right here.
That’s fine…. Then don’t complain about the prices.

Now go buy a new mustang and enjoy like the rest of us.
Sponsored