• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
They’ll probably show favoritism for DH owners and claim 850 for GT and 900 for DH … but maybe the DH gets a smaller pulley and in reality with a pulley swap it’s the same 900 for both.

I’m thinking people are gonna throw 100-150 wet shots on these cars with good fuel pretty soon too.
Not picking an argument, but perhaps a smaller pulley is ok with the Dark Horse since it features forged connecting rods, stronger camshaft, and a better-balanced crankshaft compared to the GT. You could say the DH is intended for forced induction, the GT not as much.

As far as running NOS into the Coyote, I would like to think after getting to the 900HP range with a blower you have bigger issues to deal with such as trying to keep the ass end planted. The GT500 already outpowers the Vette, but loses out on a 1/4 mile drag because the mid-engine Vette has more weight in the back, which keeps the rear tires planted while the GT500's go up in smoke. More power is not going to make it better, and those Trofeos make for pretty expensive smoke.

Personally I would rather cut down on the weight before I go running NOS into my engine. I would also replace the half-shafts and possibly the main shaft at the same time as the SC install.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I see! I didn't think it could hold that much power. I guess I'm wondering why ford has adjusted it and restricted it in the cars so far.
Because a lot of people we’re breaking axles in shifts… so they put a bunch of Tq limiters and now we’ll be slower but not snap axles.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Because a lot of people we’re breaking axles in shifts… so they put a bunch of Tq limiters and now we’ll be slower but not snap axles.
I feel that. Tbh I think ford missed an opportunity. Instead of doing that, I think they could have used this as an opportunity to offer a 10r80 that was sport oriented. You pay extra and they give you more aggressive shifts, gearing, and is reinforced to hold that TQ. However if you can slap a supercharger on the car and not touch the 10r80 for now. Then I think the car can handle some abuse. But it need to be reinforced if that's an issue.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So GTs have the auto start/stop buttons now? 🤔 I thought they didn't yet.
It's a late arrival but the button is still there.

From the latest order guide.......

LATE AVAILABILITY
â—Ź Added: Stop/Start System (65U) on GT/GT Premium

Last edited:

Jays Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
Dark Horse since it features forged connecting rods, stronger camshaft, and a better-balanced crankshaft compared to the GT. You could say the DH is intended for forced induction, the GT not as much.
Hey great post! I have a DH. It's my first muscle car. What is the advantage or disadvantage of a smaller pulley? I'm planning on a SC for my DH. Does the transmission need any upgrades in your opinion in the DH to handle the HP?

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Hey great post! I have a DH. It's my first muscle car. What is the advantage or disadvantage of a smaller pulley? I'm planning on a SC for my DH. Does the transmission need any upgrades in your opinion in the DH to handle the HP?
Smaller pulley means th SC spins more for every engine revolution. Think of the gears on a bicycle, as they get smaller the tire turns faster. The faster the SC spins the more air gets crammed into the intake.
I heard from a pro racer that the auto transmission in the DH has been proven to handle this much power and more. The weak points are the half shafts running from the diff to the tires, which should be replaced with beefier units.
Sponsored