• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2026 GT500 with Manual Trans!?

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Stangmode seems to think so...see around the 3:20 mark

Personally I don't think so, but I would buy one in a heartbeat, regardless of that stupid dash.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
With that said ^, dude has had some pretty good insider knowledge in the past. If the reveal last week was any indication, it's clear he's in close with Ford - a lot closer than most of thought.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
I doubt it. I am not one to follow Stangmode.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I love manuals, but I can't see a GT500 with one. It appears the DH will be a cast regular, not limited to two or three years. While not a 500, it's got a great manual trans. Stripped-down, "racer" Boss variant with manual? With as few electronics (including manual window cranks and no rear seat) as possible? Something for a purist? Several years to go. Anything is possible.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
I love manuals, but I can't see a GT500 with one. It appears the DH will be a cast regular, not limited to two or three years. While not a 500, it's got a great manual trans. Stripped-down, "racer" Boss variant with manual? With as few electronics (including manual window cranks and no rear seat) as possible? Something for a purist? Several years to go. Anything is possible.
Having had an S197 GT500, the primary reason I wanted the S550 version was for the DCT. Better performance, and the trans does its part in keeping the engine from overpowering the chassis.

brianjh20

Threads
Reaction score
Any updates here? Where's the GT500 been impatiently saving for a few years now!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Latest rumors had it coming in 2025... But there haven't been any recent news regarding anything above the DarkHorse except for the GTE car, which has 0 in common with the regular Mustang.

brianjh20

Threads
Reaction score
Latest rumors had it coming in 2025... But there haven't been any recent news regarding anything above the DarkHorse except for the GTE car, which has 0 in common with the regular Mustang.
Thanks for the reply. Well aware of the GTD car at $300k++
Surprised not to see threads on rumors of the next top Mustang. Hopefully more "Leaks" come soon

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
I wish. Iā€™d sure have one if I could any way swing it, and since Iā€™m a world class conniver I probably could.

I was inches away from closing a deal on a beautiful delivery miles 500 a couple months ago. HE, CFTP, all the good stuff. But the automatic caused me to crawfish at the last minute. Two of my three S550s are A10s and I love them. But I have one M6 car for when I just gotta stir some gears. Iā€™m old, have a hip replacement, one new knee and need another one. Realistically I know I wonā€™t be able to do a manual forever but I want to be able to while I can!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX; 2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve
I wish. Iā€™d sure have one if I could any way swing it, and since Iā€™m a world class conniver I probably could.

I was inches away from closing a deal on a beautiful delivery miles 500 a couple months ago. HE, CFTP, all the good stuff. But the automatic caused me to crawfish at the last minute. Two of my three S550s are A10s and I love them. But I have one M6 car for when I just gotta stir some gears. Iā€™m old, have a hip replacement, one new knee and need another one. Realistically I know I wonā€™t be able to do a manual forever but I want to be able to while I can!
I am with you in the age department. By the time my GT is delivered, I'll be 77. I'll drive a M6 as long as I can.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP
Ford wants a halo Mustang they don't have to pay Shelby America to license. A street version of the racing car makes the most sense. I would look for a street GT4 or GT3 before I hold my breath on the Shelby.
Sponsored