• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 or new 2023 S550 manual transmission with $ off MSRP thoughts?

ak73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Hi, I currently own a civic si and looking to get an American muscle car. Wondering if I should go with a 2023 GT premium? I liked one at a local dealer however he is willing to give me only $1k off on top of Fords $1k off. MSRP 50,500 to 48,500 plus taxes and fees, will come up to 53k for a manual transmission, which i really want.

please advise if I should counter and by how much or should I wait for 2024 GT premium
Sponsored

Last edited:

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
it all depends on what you want really, if you want a car super fast and can afford it, then i dont see why not, but if youre not too picky and want the most bang for your buck i would suggest looking around for a used one for way cheaper, a quick search on cargurus in NY brought me this 2019 GT premium PP. alternatively if youre patient you can get the new 2024 which will allow you to spec out exactly what you want for a car. trade offs in every direction with no simple answer.

OP
OP

ak73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Thank you. I could wait a few months till the 2024 is out and established

However, i was wondering if i could get a good deal on 2023. Any idea how much discount should i should ask for on 2023 Premium GT manual transmission ?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I haven’t seen many deals if any for 23s.. it was 22s that were leftover getting 0% and other discounts.

I ordered a 24 because they make pre 24 cars looks so old and antiquated.
Mach 1 is a temptation.. but not at the pricing.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
The new model year for a slightly higher amount will have a better value. The 2023 is already a year old without being off the lot yet. Take a 2024. Unless you really like the front end of the 2023

Last edited:

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Makes no sense to consider a 23 with that deal. Even at MSRP the 24 would be a better value by the time you're ready to sell or trade. Also fairly easy to get X plan and get $2-3k off msrp on new models

OP
OP

ak73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Thanks. I am not really a big fan of the 2023 (i am kind of new to Mustangs).
I test drove a 2023 GT Premium over the weekend and really liked the drive though. I was thinking if i get a bargain i might go for it. Wondering what would be the lowest price i could ask without insulting the dealer.

If the price difference between new with same config is more than 7k i might just go with S550

Last edited:
OP
OP

ak73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Makes no sense to consider a 23 with that deal. Even at MSRP the 24 would be a better value by the time you're ready to sell or trade. Also fairly easy to get X plan and get $2-3k off msrp on new models
Makes sense, what is X-Plan and can anyone get it ?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X-plan is a special deal Ford offers for partnered companies and individuals. its a steep discount over MSRP, the math is something like .4% under the dealer invoice plus a 100 doc fee and admin fees. in total for my build MSRP is 62k but X-plan is 57K.

theres a few ways to get X-plan access, im personally going through the Mustang club of America for mine.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I would ask for 2% below invoice for a 2024 GT my dealer ship matched grangers offer and any dealership that doesn’t probably isn’t a good place to buy from if you can wait definitely wait or you will see the new ones rolling around and prob regret it the only way a 22 or 23 would be a good deal would be 0% and a big enough of a discount that would probably make the dealer ship loose money on the sale which is unlikely

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you just need to make sure you check who youre dealing with though. Not all places will want to do below invoice. example, my dealer is a 5 minute drive from a large military base. they will have 0 issues moving these vehicles and operate on an "MSRP only" system for new cars. Ford X-plan at least give them a decent kickback.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
2% below invoice still includes hold back so dealers are still making a profit on the sale but it’s not much

OP
OP

ak73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
it all depends on what you want really, if you want a car super fast and can afford it, then i dont see why not, but if youre not too picky and want the most bang for your buck i would suggest looking around for a used one for way cheaper, a quick search on cargurus in NY brought me this 2019 GT premium PP. alternatively if youre patient you can get the new 2024 which will allow you to spec out exactly what you want for a car. trade offs in every direction with no simple answer.

OP
OP

ak73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Thanks guys! I have decided to wait for a couple of months and then May be pick up a 2024 s650.
Sponsored