• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Looks nice! Love the blue accents! Here is the video.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
When the S650 was announced with that hideous dashboard I was already beyond happy that I had ordered a 2022 CS. Not that this 2024 CS is out I am actually ecstatic that I did.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT California Special Package Revealed w/ Rave Blue Accent Styling, Wheels & Graphics 2023011402

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
A little ok, a little meh. Blue wheels doesn’t do it for me.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I wish the California special got the dark horse engine but none of the extra performance stuff, kind of how the original cs had parts from the shelby cars.
This is what I was hoping for too especially if the Dark Horse gets higher output supercharger options which haven't been announced yet. I like the seats and the grill might be ok on some colors but if you already have a convertible I see no real value in upgrading to the CS model. With the Dark Horse engine and transmission I definitely would have considered it.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I think this looks better than last model's CS by far

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I am very disappointed. There is nothing California ”Special” about it. A major step back from my 2019. Especially the interior. The Miko suede really made the interior. Now’s it’s just another GT Trim.
😟
Completely agree with you @Bikeman315. As a fellow GT/CS owner (2016) I actually had high hopes for this new iteration but I am quite disappointed as well.
It is certainly interesting with the blue accents but the changes from the regular GT model just aren't enough. I feel like Ford is getting lazy and offering less uniqueness for the same package price as our years.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The California Special has never been more than an appearance package. Whilst the original '68 was Shelby inspired, it was only as far as appearance is concerned.

Not that there's anything wrong with it being just an appearance package it's just that, for me, it was a classy appearance package and those blue accents are a little much, for me at least.

:)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Man that is tacky

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Not literally “Hertz,” but more of a rental aesthetic. Old school decals and generic grille trimming with those gloss/polished wheels. Feels very at odds with an OEM look.

But that’s just me!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Not really feeling it. My GT/CS, which certainly does not look like a rental car, had a bit more content. Even without the Performance Package you got the strut tower brace and better microsuede seats.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT California Special Package Revealed w/ Rave Blue Accent Styling, Wheels & Graphics IMG_7721

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT California Special Package Revealed w/ Rave Blue Accent Styling, Wheels & Graphics IMG_5569

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The California Special has never been more than an appearance package. Whilst the original '68 was Shelby inspired, it was only as far as appearance is concerned.

Not that there's anything wrong with it being just an appearance package it's just that, for me, it was a classy appearance package and those blue accents are a little much, for me at least.

:)
Exactly, just an appearance package when back in the day manufacturers made a number of specials for different parts of the country. The California Special is the only one that endured due to its history and the attachment to the other CS.

Although my 19' GT/CS does have two performance enhancements. The PP1 spitter and the underhood cross brace. Adds about 20HP. :giggle: