• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
You do need the 700A option on the DH to get the cool/heat seats. Same as on the Mach1. So the price will be $60565 + 15K ADM. :-)
Sponsored

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
I truly think the problem is not with fanboys or pessimists but moreso the general users not understanding what components make something a discussion.​

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The best thing about someone with a big mouth is that their foot always will fit in it.

Nowhere did I say anything about people not enjoying their car (nice gaslight, but weak and a true sign of immaturity. Seriously, do you ever get out? There is a world outside of these boards and crowing like a sick puppy if someone doesn't agree with you. Grow up.).

I said the DH is overpriced. Nothing more. And it is in my opinion.
On the basis that it wasnā€™t fast enough using a C8 as reference

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
You do need the 700A option on the DH to get the cool/heat seats. Same as on the Mach1. So the price will be $60565 + 15K ADM. :-)
Nobody with a brain is going to pay $15K dealer markup. Dumb people do, thatā€™s why these dealerships charge it. I would never pay more than $1K for a markup and even thatā€™s rare for me.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
Absolutely understand that. I've owned a ton of Mustangs for that very reason. My issue is only with the DH, not Mustang's in general. I think Ford is baiting suckers with the DH. 14hp, a decent interior upgrade, and paint job is not a 65/67K car. The GT350 was worth every penny it sold for, but that car had true upgrades that reflected its price.

I don't come on these boards to troll, I come to discuss. Unfortunately there are some thick headed big mouth fanboys that refuse open discussion. I'll admit it's fun to tickle their small brain, but it does get tiring.

Show me the price of a 650 GT premium with a performance pack and I may even buy one. The DH is a huge no-go for me.
To be honest I do actually agree with the dark horse not offering the best value when compared to lessor models. But It do think it does have a place in the market at the asking price.

There is something to be said about the a tremec and wider rims/tires from factory though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
What I find amusing is going back to some of the original pricing threads on the Mach 1. How it was so overpriced, how it was nothing more than a PP2 with coolers, that a Camaro XXX was a better value. Here it is now 2023 and we are having the exact conversation about the Dark Horse. Based on the success of the Mach 1 I do not think Ford will have a problem selling them.

One other thing is that value is in the eye of the beholder and cost is relative.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
You do realize there are dealers on this forum already offering under MSRP for the new gen mustangs right?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Nobody with a brain is going to pay $15K dealer markup. Dumb people do, thatā€™s why these dealerships charge it. I would never pay more than $1K for a markup and even thatā€™s rare for me.
So you're dumb, just not as dumb as someone who would pay more ADM than you. Bravo! Seriously what people do with their money is no one else's business. I think that's been said on here a billion tomes already.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
So you're dumb, just not as dumb as someone who would pay more ADM than you. Bravo! Seriously what people do with their money is no one else's business. I think that's been said on here a billion tomes already.
Yeaaaaaa.... I don't see how that first part was all that necessary but agreed on letting people buy what they want.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Iā€™ll take a GT with a whipple and custom SIGNATURE wheels, all for less than DH msrp.

thatā€™s just me thoughā€¦ canā€™t wait to see how these gen4 coyotes get down.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Iā€™ll take a GT with a whipple and custom SIGNATURE wheels, all for less than DH msrp.

thatā€™s just me thoughā€¦ canā€™t wait to see how these gen4 coyotes get down.
Thatā€™s always been a route anyone could take since the Coyote came out. You can find dealers selling pre-installed superchargers on base GTs for cheap, with a warranty to boot.

You get what you pay for though

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Yeaaaaaa.... I don't see how that first part was all that necessary but agreed on letting people buy what they want.
I was kidding. But a thousand dollars to you and me could mean a million dollars to someone else. Or for those actually paying those super high ADM's a thousand dollars could mean one dollar.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
this market is softening a lot
You can now find mach1 on the lot for 4-5k off msrp. I have dealers calling me for 2023 Golf R they sold previously for 18k markup and now they are calling us. Lol.
That 6 percent interest rates, joined with food prices is going to gut punch the car market this year into next. Add on constraints getting easier and shipping as well. It's going to be hell when people even pay msrp for this. Granger is trying to count their ducks and build in some security for themselves and people are a bit blinded by it. As it is a ton of people are starting to default on their auto loans
Sponsored