• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 (ish) Challenger reveal during Dodge Speed Week?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/17/dodge-unveils-electric-muscle-car-concept-charger-daytona-srt.html

Both of these links referring to the next gen charger concept and this thing looks and sounds mean for an electric. Love how dodge is doing this their own way and standing out from the croud in the electric scene with this one.

Skip to 2:00-2:30 minutes in for the audio of the monster
I love it lol, it's far more elegant and attractive than Dodge's current designs. The challenger always had hideous proportions from the side and rear. The charger always looks lumpy and frumpy. This looks muscular, but confident. I'm a little sad that they put holes in the grille and had the lights wrap around them, because that's basically identical to what I was doing with a design I was working on. Now everyone is going to think I copied dodge lol.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The front view looks good and the rear might be ok. Side view is kind of ugly. I agree it's cool that they are at least trying something different.

It still needs a manual transmission and the right price.

OP
OP

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
The front view looks good and the rear might be ok. Side view is kind of ugly. I agree it's cool that they are at least trying something different.

I think the side view looks a lot better than the older Challengers.

As for a MT...that's not going to happen...Honestly, I am surprised they put in a transmission at all...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As for a MT...that's not going to happen..
Then they will probably never get my money. It's not difficult to put a manual into an EV. I realize it doesn't make sense from a performance standpoint, but I don't buy cars based on that.

I LIKE cars.

I only want to buy a FUN car. If they can't be bothered to make their car fun, they won't get my money. Someone else will.

OP
OP

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Then they will probably never get my money. It's not difficult to put a manual into an EV. I realize it doesn't make sense from a performance standpoint, but I don't buy cars based on that.

I LIKE cars.

I only want to buy a FUN car. If they can't be bothered to make their car fun, they won't get my money. Someone else will.
I don't see a transmission as needed for "fun". Honestly, Electrics feel more like go-carts, and to me, those are the essence of fun. It needs to have the acceleration to pull it off though...

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Visually, I find several aspects of the car quite attractive. IMO, Dodge designers did very well with this concept.

But there's just something about the idea of playing "performance" sounds for any vehicle; it doesn't appeal to me. I do support making of sounds for the visually-impaired, so they know a EV is in the area.

There are at least three stumbling blocks for EVs in the immediate future:

1. Prices of commodities. Ford has already announced price increases of several thousands of dollars for MY23 EVs. I'm going to think other makers will do same?

2. Recent US legislation and tax credits for purchasing an EV. It sounds good (no pun intended to the above), but when you read through it, the effect is near zero. Once we begin hitting the credit limit, what of purchase interest then?

https://www.eenews.net/articles/climate-bill-would-create-roadblock-for-full-ev-tax-credit/

3. Power grids in California, Texas and New York, often on the verge of collapse under current loads, with customers asked to cut back on electric demands during peak Summer and Winter periods. I've read of other countries sometimes having to do same.

IMO, all the above highlights we are inning 1 or 2 of a long game. Lots of good ideas out there for the future, with some positive impacts to technologies, ICE, EVs and autos in-general. But none of this, good, bad or indifferent, is going to happen quickly. And it's not going to take a path in a straight line.
But there's just something about the idea of playing "performance" sounds for any vehicle.

Get us to it as all vehicles will be like this.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

Idk, sketchmonkey did his own rendering where he moved the c-pillar forward, and it looked worse to me. I prefer the shorter rear deck, ideally, the fastback would stretch all the way to the rear, but even if that isn't the case, I still like what they did here.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't see a transmission as needed for "fun". Honestly, Electrics feel more like go-carts, and to me, those are the essence of fun. It needs to have the acceleration to pull it off though...
GO carts are ICE. Golf carts are EVs. I agree Go carts are fun, but golf carts are not.

You might not care about the transmission. To me it's very important. It's the difference between feeling like my soul is being drained from me or slowly destroyed vs. actually enjoying myself.

Idk, sketchmonkey did his own rendering where he moved the c-pillar forward, and it looked worse to me. I prefer the shorter rear deck, ideally, the fastback would stretch all the way to the rear, but even if that isn't the case, I still like what they did here.
I think the way the body line sags down in the back makes it look weak or old and flabby. I'd rather see that line be straight or slightly upward. That's the part that bugs me about the side view.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
It looks like they took the front half of the recent Charger and grafted the back-half of the 300 onto the back. Totally not matched. I can see the attraction of a lift-hatch, but then they should have looked at how Audi does the SportBack.

I would have implemented the lift-hatch as a 2-part. Traditional trunk-like deck lid, and once folded up, you have the option to release the glass panel suround and now it can pivot at the roof. The glass and surround would be hydraulic servo-controlled, like a rag tap. You almost would never use it anyway. Why screw up a design for a feature that gets used 0.03% of the time?

OP
OP

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
GO carts are ICE. Golf carts are EVs. I agree Go carts are fun, but golf carts are not.

You might not care about the transmission. To me it's very important. It's the difference between feeling like my soul is being drained from me or slowly destroyed vs. actually enjoying myself.
Electric go-carts can be very fun
Golf carts, no matter if they are battery or ICE, are horrible.

I suspect you are confusing the engine with the function.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Electric go-carts can be very fun
Golf carts, no matter if they are battery or ICE, are horrible.

I suspect you are confusing the engine with the function.
No I'm not. I'm also not confusing engines and motors, either.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ford is developing the 8th Generation Mustang and I bet it will look very similar to the 1st Generation. That’s how you sell EV Sports Coupes… make them look EXACTLY like the 1966-1970 Era cars with some modern materials and touch and Ford is selling Mustang’s again.

thePill is SOLD on the Lightning XLT, you make an EV Mustang that looks like the 1967 GT500 and you will repeat history…

S650 Mustang 2024 (ish) Challenger reveal during Dodge Speed Week? B419FB06-3C49-418C-840D-1367AF3FEE21

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Ford is developing the 8th Generation Mustang and I bet it will look very similar to the 1st Generation. That’s how you sell EV Sports Coupes… make them look EXACTLY like the 1966-1970 Era cars with some modern materials and touch and Ford is selling Mustang’s again.

thePill is SOLD on the Lightning XLT, you make an EV Mustang that looks like the 1967 GT500 and you will repeat history…

B419FB06-3C49-418C-840D-1367AF3FEE21.jpeg
Maybe, but I feel like Ford needs to move forward. Do some 80s and 90s retro throwbacks. Keep the same basic shape as today's car, because it looks significantly better than the fox body or sn 95. But change the details. Mid 90s mustangs had those cool horizontal tri-bars rather than vertical ones. Would be neat to see a modern interpretation of that.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
As thePill mentioned in another thread…

….thePill likes to hear a shortened 105” wheelbase for the GT350…..
…..thePill is SOLD on the Lightning XLT…
I mean, who honestly continually talks about themself in the third person? I just can’t take anything else in the comment seriously.
Sponsored