• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Actually GT gets MT88. Not sure of what’s different MT82 vs MT88. I hope that it is length of throw and engagement detent feel.
Isn't the MT88 a 7 speed? The 2024 spec sheet only shows 6 gears for manual GTs.

edit: MT88 extra gear appears to be a granny low. I guess Ford could just omit it or not provide a way to use it (below reverse in Bronco).
Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 1663341059609

Rear Blower in Addition to the Defroster, or an Air Pass Through for the Sub Woofer?

Or just a Cabin Air (Flow Through Ventilation) Exhaust Vent?

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
1663337847294.jpeg

Still Looks More Like A Mule To Me. Not The Best Angle Of The Horse.

On The Other Hand, This One Is On The Jackass End. But Shouldn't We Be Seeing The Other End Of The Horse Here?

A Pony Tail?
That will be the best aftermarket upgrade ever!!!! The "Other End of the Horse" logo!

Reactions: JWS

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
That will be the best aftermarket upgrade ever!!!! The "Other End of the Horse" logo!
I'll tell you what, the Dark Horse name has grown on me. I thought it was stupid, but now I feel ok about it. With that said, I still dislike the logo. I would have much rather preferred a satin black prancing pony that we're all familiar with. The Dark Horse emblem is just Ford trying to be "edgy". problem is, they're about as edgy as Steve Balmer at a Windows launch.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Premium 6MT, PP1, Active Exhaust
Serisously?!?!??? Which one was the camaro again???

Most people who commented about my car, who knows anything about Camaro/Challenger/Mustangs have said that they liked my car because of what it WASN'T on the Camaro!

They said that Camaro seemed like it was trying too hard to be, "different than Mustang, but still similar so they can try to steal Mustang shoppers".

With Camaro supposedly being axed, and its sales falling behind Mustang foir a majority of its sales, WHY in God's Green (for now) earth would Ford decide to go the route of the Camaro?

Did a GM Exec who was part of Camaro deisgn get hired at Ford (because he knew somebody), and he decided to, "brind his knowledge" to Ford???

I respected and was happy that Camaro was a really bid nod to, "futuristic" design with their sharp angles and whanot. I respected Challenger in that it was a big nod to, "retro" design in that it looks more like the OG challengers than a modern car...

While I respect them, I didn't buy them because I like what Mustang was. It seemed like a decent balance. I didn't like the '18 S550 refresh, but now that I own one, I still like it better than a Camaro or a Challenger (no offense to folks who own them).

But yikes! it's like ford decided to rip off the camaro and just change the trailing end of the rear window and call it a day.
S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 1663512952087

And that interior!!!
That screen looks like the one in my wife's Kia EV6. While it's functional and I love the extended design (in the EV6), this screen looks just like the 99% of screens in all other cars.
no other interior (ford or non-ford) looks like the interior of the S550. I know that it's dated, but no one will mistake the interior of S550 from anything else.

The new interior seems to want to copy the WORST interior period in Ford (car) history. the 80's. I remember 80's ford interior looking so cheap even when I was 10 years old and we had just gotten a brand-new Mercury... Why in God's green (yes, for now it is) earth would anyone want to bring THAT back? or if so, bring it back with the teme but not make it look literally like they stuck a gigantic wide screen on a foxbody insterior?!?!?!?

Would I get one? I got the refreshed S550 because I liked the Gen3 coyote (my first as my first two were EB), and I was willing to live with the refreshed front... For this one, that new motor better be like 1000% better than my Gen3 for me to want to agree to all of these other disappointments.

And having said that, I do not race my car, I do not do drag runs at a stoplight, so my 460HP is more than enough for me. so merely being able to say, "yeah! I have 500HP baby!" isn't going to be worth me accepting all of the other things that would bother me.

more rant. I love that my '19 has the same interior as my '15 and '17 and now I have my digital dash... While I think the 2nd gen s550 refresh isn't as bad in all black, when I sit inside my '19, I am happy as a clam... If I got one of these new ones, I would have to look at that dash everytime I got in my car... yikes...

...This whole redesign (exterior, anyway) is like change for the sake of it, but it doesn't look any "better" overall.
Yes, this is exactly what I thought. Some exec at ford must have hamstrung the designers saying that they want, "change", but they are afraid of dipping sales, so don't go, "too crazy" away from the current mustang... This may sound like the end product would be closer to mustang, but in reality when you say crap like this to your designers, you cause them to do stupid things...

This reminds me of a story of my friend who was working as a designer at GM when the 5th gen Corvette came out. He told me that he got to see what the original designers intended. he said the rear deck of 5th gen corvette had some serious scalloping across the top not unlike ferrari's. The execs at GM said that scalloping that piece would cost too much and they forced the design to be flat so that they can just manufacture flat panels which at the time had a lower percentage of defects during manufacturing processes... My friend quit (he said this was one of the reasons) after working on whatever body (forget the letter code he told me) that the 2000 Grand Prix was based on. He was fresh out of UPenn mech engineering major and GM told him to design the floorpan. He had no clue what even a floorpan was. his boss took him to a building where they had the Pathfinder and E300 in two separate rooms, completely disassembled to parts and engineers were walking around looking at the parts... He laughed and then his boss said, the other companies all do this...

And then he looked at the floorpan of the MB E300, and he remarked at how even the welding was, "beautiful". He applied everything he knew about structural engineering and designed a really nice floorpan that would withstand so much instantaneous shearing force for the seats and the belts. A few weeks later, he was visited by some folks who told him that the floorpan would be too expensive to manufacture. His boss helped him meet the specifications as laid out by execs. After the design was changed he said about <10% of the design was his and coupled with what he heard of the C5 corvette's rear end, he decided to leave and go pursue masters in ME...

You'd think crap like this stops, but I look at this, "all new" (but seriously badly refreshed) Mustang, and I can't help but think, "how much of the design was done by actual designers and engineers and how much of the deisgn was based on executive decision by execs with no background in design, engineering, or Mustang"?

I know that a lot of it is probably a PR campaign, but back when the S550 was being developed, the person at the helm at Ford supposecly personally owned classic Mustang. I think this makes a HUGE difference. A car like Mustang has more history and pedigree for both the car and its owners. Just look at this forum. We have soooo much difference in our views on everything. We probably are on both sides of any moral and political views, but when it comes to the forum, I see everyone just being so polite and respecting each other's opinions (except a few). Not to sound like the Mustang culture will eradicate Covid and solve world hunger, but really? I think the Mustang culture seen in these forums transend political and racial views, and that's awesome.

Yes, it may sound like I am being dramatic, but to me, when I see an all new design that looks like this, all I can think about is, "wow, did they put in all 10 minutes into this design" and feel rather offended at the lack of respect that Ford took when approaching the Mustang.

Vladdracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So like, after digesting it some more, i still dont understand the direction with tech. Giant screen? cool, sure, most people will dig it, but where the fuck is the actual useful tech? 360 cam? nope, front facing cam so we dont have to install dash cams like teslas that auto record on a collison? Nope

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Exactly! Hyundai has a Blind Spot Camera on each side that pops up on the left or right of the digital cluster whenever a vehicle enters the Blind Spot Area. I would prefer that there be an Option to Display the Left or Right or any combination I want. Full time.

I, on the other hand, am forced to cobble together my own Blind Spot and Front and Rear Cameras. They are All Night Vision Capable and have come in handy on long trips, to avoid Vehicles in my Blind Spots, and Animals or Objects in the Road Ahead.

I want one Large Rectangular Diplay that has Left, Right, Front and Rear Camera Views, with an Infrared Forward Night View and an Audi Style Map. Everything you need, right in front of you!

S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 1663554719961

S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 1663554860692

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Exactly! Hyundai has a Blind Spot Camera on each side that pops up on the left or right of the digital cluster whenever a vehicle enters the Blind Spot Area. I would prefer that there be an Option to Display the Left or Right or any combination I want. Full time.

I, on the other hand, am forced to cobble together my own Blind Spot and Front and Rear Cameras. They are All Night Vision Capable and have come in handy on long trips, to avoid Vehicles in my Blind Spots, and Animals or Objects in the Road Ahead.

I want one Large Rectangular Diplay that has Left, Right, Front and Rear Camera Views, with an Infrared Forward Night View and an Audi Style Map. Everything you need, right in front of you!

1663554719961.jpeg

1663554860692.jpeg

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

1663554719961.jpeg

1663554860692.jpeg

I have so many questions

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
Serisously?!?!??? Which one was the camaro again???

Most people who commented about my car, who knows anything about Camaro/Challenger/Mustangs have said that they liked my car because of what it WASN'T on the Camaro!

They said that Camaro seemed like it was trying too hard to be, "different than Mustang, but still similar so they can try to steal Mustang shoppers".

With Camaro supposedly being axed, and its sales falling behind Mustang foir a majority of its sales, WHY in God's Green (for now) earth would Ford decide to go the route of the Camaro?

Did a GM Exec who was part of Camaro deisgn get hired at Ford (because he knew somebody), and he decided to, "brind his knowledge" to Ford???

I respected and was happy that Camaro was a really bid nod to, "futuristic" design with their sharp angles and whanot. I respected Challenger in that it was a big nod to, "retro" design in that it looks more like the OG challengers than a modern car...

While I respect them, I didn't buy them because I like what Mustang was. It seemed like a decent balance. I didn't like the '18 S550 refresh, but now that I own one, I still like it better than a Camaro or a Challenger (no offense to folks who own them).

But yikes! it's like ford decided to rip off the camaro and just change the trailing end of the rear window and call it a day.
1663512952087.png

And that interior!!!
That screen looks like the one in my wife's Kia EV6. While it's functional and I love the extended design (in the EV6), this screen looks just like the 99% of screens in all other cars.
no other interior (ford or non-ford) looks like the interior of the S550. I know that it's dated, but no one will mistake the interior of S550 from anything else.

The new interior seems to want to copy the WORST interior period in Ford (car) history. the 80's. I remember 80's ford interior looking so cheap even when I was 10 years old and we had just gotten a brand-new Mercury... Why in God's green (yes, for now it is) earth would anyone want to bring THAT back? or if so, bring it back with the teme but not make it look literally like they stuck a gigantic wide screen on a foxbody insterior?!?!?!?

Would I get one? I got the refreshed S550 because I liked the Gen3 coyote (my first as my first two were EB), and I was willing to live with the refreshed front... For this one, that new motor better be like 1000% better than my Gen3 for me to want to agree to all of these other disappointments.

And having said that, I do not race my car, I do not do drag runs at a stoplight, so my 460HP is more than enough for me. so merely being able to say, "yeah! I have 500HP baby!" isn't going to be worth me accepting all of the other things that would bother me.

more rant. I love that my '19 has the same interior as my '15 and '17 and now I have my digital dash... While I think the 2nd gen s550 refresh isn't as bad in all black, when I sit inside my '19, I am happy as a clam... If I got one of these new ones, I would have to look at that dash everytime I got in my car... yikes...

Yes, this is exactly what I thought. Some exec at ford must have hamstrung the designers saying that they want, "change", but they are afraid of dipping sales, so don't go, "too crazy" away from the current mustang... This may sound like the end product would be closer to mustang, but in reality when you say crap like this to your designers, you cause them to do stupid things...

This reminds me of a story of my friend who was working as a designer at GM when the 5th gen Corvette came out. He told me that he got to see what the original designers intended. he said the rear deck of 5th gen corvette had some serious scalloping across the top not unlike ferrari's. The execs at GM said that scalloping that piece would cost too much and they forced the design to be flat so that they can just manufacture flat panels which at the time had a lower percentage of defects during manufacturing processes... My friend quit (he said this was one of the reasons) after working on whatever body (forget the letter code he told me) that the 2000 Grand Prix was based on. He was fresh out of UPenn mech engineering major and GM told him to design the floorpan. He had no clue what even a floorpan was. his boss took him to a building where they had the Pathfinder and E300 in two separate rooms, completely disassembled to parts and engineers were walking around looking at the parts... He laughed and then his boss said, the other companies all do this...

And then he looked at the floorpan of the MB E300, and he remarked at how even the welding was, "beautiful". He applied everything he knew about structural engineering and designed a really nice floorpan that would withstand so much instantaneous shearing force for the seats and the belts. A few weeks later, he was visited by some folks who told him that the floorpan would be too expensive to manufacture. His boss helped him meet the specifications as laid out by execs. After the design was changed he said about <10% of the design was his and coupled with what he heard of the C5 corvette's rear end, he decided to leave and go pursue masters in ME...

You'd think crap like this stops, but I look at this, "all new" (but seriously badly refreshed) Mustang, and I can't help but think, "how much of the design was done by actual designers and engineers and how much of the deisgn was based on executive decision by execs with no background in design, engineering, or Mustang"?

I know that a lot of it is probably a PR campaign, but back when the S550 was being developed, the person at the helm at Ford supposecly personally owned classic Mustang. I think this makes a HUGE difference. A car like Mustang has more history and pedigree for both the car and its owners. Just look at this forum. We have soooo much difference in our views on everything. We probably are on both sides of any moral and political views, but when it comes to the forum, I see everyone just being so polite and respecting each other's opinions (except a few). Not to sound like the Mustang culture will eradicate Covid and solve world hunger, but really? I think the Mustang culture seen in these forums transend political and racial views, and that's awesome.

Yes, it may sound like I am being dramatic, but to me, when I see an all new design that looks like this, all I can think about is, "wow, did they put in all 10 minutes into this design" and feel rather offended at the lack of respect that Ford took when approaching the Mustang.
Yes, most designers these days are influenced by other automotive designs and recall that Ford had Aston Martin under it's umbrella for a while, hence Fussion front end design, but if you study the German designs for example BMW 8 series you start to question about design copies in general. When the 8-series came out many called the car a copy of the S550. Maybe some will see little camaro in the BMW design and that is OK. It is easy to make amazing designs in CAD software, but in the end it is about manufacturing and making profit vs. making expensive concept like looking vehicles.

S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] BMW_8series

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
About the only thing more desirable about it is the supposed improvements to the motor but I will eat sand if they actually gave it forged rods and 2 manual options, that is retarded. No car ever has come with 2 different manual options lol.
Have you eaten sand yet?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
1663337847294.jpeg

Still Looks More Like A Mule To Me. Not The Best Angle Of The Horse.

On The Other Hand, This One Is On The Jackass End. But Shouldn't We Be Seeing The Other End Of The Horse Here?

A Pony Tail?
It just hit me that this badge would be totally acceptable and maybe even a little cool if they just slapped that horse's head on a rectangular plaque similar to how they treated the GT350's badging.

But no, the Dodge/RAM styled surrounding frame gives it this Transformers Autobots vibe like it belongs on a kid's toy.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
So like, after digesting it some more, i still dont understand the direction with tech. Giant screen? cool, sure, most people will dig it, but where the fuck is the actual useful tech? 360 cam? nope, front facing cam so we dont have to install dash cams like teslas that auto record on a collison? Nope
Ford be like "now u can have big big carplay"

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
I am actually a big fan of it. All aspects of this new exterior look I can dig. I am not against the interior, I dont love or hate it. If I wanted a mustang today, 2024 would be a win for me. But honestly, im kinda holding out for 2028 electric coupe, this isn't much of a revolution, bummer they kicked manuals out of EcoBoost, wont be long before manuals are gone period.

gamaliel1961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Eclipse, Dodge Caravan, 61 Ford Galaxie
Also, that looks like a refreshed S550.
I would say that I agree with you, S550 to S650. 4th to 5th Gen (SN95 to S197) completely different platforms, this one, like you said, a refresh.
Sponsored