• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
How you like the GT's grill over the Dark Horse is mind boggling.
I think the actual grill on the Dark Horse looks better than the GT because the plastic piece under the grill looks to be body color. That will prevent the grill from looking so embarrassingly large like on the GT. However, to me it looked like the Black Horse had black plastic under and around the lights instead of body color. It is hard to tell since the Dark Horse was a very dark color. If it is that way, I think it will look horrible on non dark cars. I hope it is body color. I think the S550 looks better, but the Dark Horse could still look good if it doeen't have a bunch of black plastic on the front. The GT will only look good in black in my opinion.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think the actual grill on the Dark Horse looks better than the GT because the plastic piece under the grill looks to be body color. That will prevent the grill from looking so embarrassingly large like on the GT. However, to me it looked like the Black Horse had black plastic under and around the lights instead of body color. It is hard to tell since the Dark Horse was a very dark color. If it is that way, I think it will look horrible on non dark cars. I hope it is body color. I think the S550 looks better, but the Dark Horse could still look good if it doeen't have a bunch of black plastic on the front. The GT will only look good in black in my opinion.
Interesting. In my view, The GT looks great. Like that’s how this refresh is supposed to look.

dark horse just looks like an aftermarket company oldified the front end
Doesn’t look modern or cool.
Looks exactly like the OLD RTR aftermarket grill without the gross “nostril” lights.

the dark horse lower grille just seems like a design mistake that loses all aggressive character. Maybe it looks great in a CAD setup whereall the lines are clear, but in a dark color and from what was shown, it seems really dumbed down and tamed compared to the GT lower grill.

Yello 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 GT500
Not seeing the 550/650 resemblance like you are, not even close. However, pics could playing tricks on the visual cues. Guess we’ll see…
… you forgot a dark 2015-2017 s550 in that comparison. But thanks for the pics probing my point anyway.

29BA73EE-A683-4650-B466-CB11DDFF1013.jpeg

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Not seeing the 550/650 resemblance like you are, not even close. However, pics could playing tricks on the visual cues. Guess we’ll see…
bruh. C’mon. It’s THE EXACT SAME platform, roofline, windows, fenders, headlight shape, grille shape, and in the case of GT and eco boost, headlight shape. The haunches at the rear are exactly the same as well, just widened a tiny bit to accommodate more track. The same bulge is there on s550 as well. Heck, they removed the character lines on the s550 doors in order to make it look different than s550. Good thing too, because the Camaro ripped the bottom line from the s550 and if it remained, you’d say that was camaroish. LOL

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
those who see a Camaro resemblance seem to simply want to see that. It’s just not there.
I disagree. There may be some who fall into this statement, but the vast remainder that mention Mustang resemblance? Well, the vast majority (including myself) did not go into S650 wanting, hoping or looking for Camaro resemblance. They just saw it, plain and simple. Plenty on this thread, and plenty on this forum overall.

I was on MT and C&D and Cscoops, and guess what I saw in all those comment sections? More Camaro comparisons. Do we we think everyone just wants to see Camaro in the new Mustang? I doubt it highly. And again, this is not to say everyone should see Camaro. Styling and thoughts on it are subjective. I, for one, am not telling you that you must see Camaro - you see what you see. And others see what they see - and what do plenty see? Camaro, which they just point out as matter of opinion. There's something to be said about general consensus, which means many, not "all" - and enough people see a Camaro resemblance in certain views, elements etc., it is what it is. Is it bad? Is it good?

i doubt the Mustang team would ever arrive to designsomething that resembles a failed design.
I actually am ok with the Camaro in certain trims, I don't hate it like some do. But the "failure" of Camaro has a lot more to do with than just the styling. The Camaro was perfect case study where with GM, in many performance metrics, they objectively built a better platform and sportscar for the segment and many equivalent Mustang trims - but they didn't build a better car, which most can argue, the Mustang was a better car, a better package, even if it couldn't best the GM Alpha platform capabilities. Throw in some outward sighline and visibility challenges (played out to mention at this point) and, at least in Canada, pricing and positioning of Camaro trims levels to equivalent Mustang - Mustang always came out with a better value. Add in the intangible quality of the "Mustang" name, the "it" factor of the Mustang as a brand (which Ford themselves tapped into for Mach E, but that is a totally different discussion, right or wrong), which Camaro also ultimately never had to the same level, the story of why Camaro was never more popular than Mustang, goes way beyond the design of the car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ford must have a spy inside Kia's design studio. Talk about ripping it off and doing a crap job while they're at it.

2023-kia-sportage-european-spec_100794588_h.jpg
Now THAT is hilarious.... not only do S650 owners get a truck-like interior but a "Kia" inspired dash...

:devil:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
They look nothing like each other. If you had to draw a similarity, you could say that someone took the time to fix the Camaro — by scrapping and redesigning the whole thing. The mustang still has great flowing lines, good visibility and looks cohesive. Unlike that busy, confused, disjointed Camaro.
It's a Better Camaro!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I disagree. There may be some who fall into this statement, but the vast remainder that mention Mustang resemblance? Well, the vast majority (including myself) did not go into S650 wanting, hoping or looking for Camaro resemblance. They just saw it, plain and simple. Plenty on this thread, and plenty on this forum overall.

I was on MT and C&D and Cscoops, and guess what I saw in all those comment sections? More Camaro comparisons. Do we we think everyone just wants to see Camaro in the new Mustang? I doubt it highly. And again, this is not to say everyone should see Camaro. Styling and thoughts on it are subjective. I, for one, am not telling you that you must see Camaro - you see what you see. And others see what they see - and what do plenty see? Camaro, which they just point out as matter of opinion. There's something to be said about general consensus, which means many, not "all" - and enough people see a Camaro resemblance in certain views, elements etc., it is what it is. Is it bad? Is it good?

I actually am ok with the Camaro in certain trims, I don't hate it like some do. But the "failure" of Camaro has a lot more to do with than just the styling. The Camaro was perfect case study where with GM, in many performance metrics, they objectively built a better platform and sportscar for the segment and many equivalent Mustang trims - but they didn't build a better car, which most can argue, the Mustang was a better car, a better package, even if it couldn't best the GM Alpha platform capabilities. Throw in some outward sighline and visibility challenges (played out to mention at this point) and, at least in Canada, pricing and positioning of Camaro trims levels to equivalent Mustang - Mustang always came out with a better value. Add in the intangible quality of the "Mustang" name, the "it" factor of the Mustang as a brand (which Ford themselves tapped into for Mach E, but that is a totally different discussion, right or wrong), which Camaro also ultimately never had to the same level, the story of why Camaro was never more popular than Mustang, goes way beyond the design of the car.
we will agree to disagree. Most “Camaro” comments seem to have a leader with some followers tagging on. And they seem to leave the s550 out of the discussion, just like the gentlemen that posted the Camaro snd s650 while leaving the s559 out.
When you look at the s550 and s650 side by side, they look nearly identical, with the 650 looking like a Modern refresh.

thr s550 and Camaro had some very subtle similarities as it was. Anything seem now I’d just that carried over.

But really, it’s a stretch. The lines, curves, accent placement, and overall shape is nearly identical between s550 and s650. Any Camaro seen here is the same anyone would have seen in 2015 - before there ever was a gen 6 Camaro.
Sponsored