• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Instead of using the one thing that they actually got right on the Mach-E (the taillights) they decided to go for some cheap ass American Muscle aftermarket crap.
Sponsored

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT, Carbonized Gray
One of my biggest pet-peeves on modern cars is how the cheap looking matte plastic keeps creeping up on the trims, especially in the rear. I would have thought with the s650 they would have taken the rear painted bumper lower, but instead went the complete opposite; not a fan of the rear AT ALL!

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
And the cycle of complaining begins again. People constantly whined about the way 2015 model looked compared to the 14. And then they all complained again when the mid cycle refresh happened in 2018.

Same people, same story.
You know what, they are different people in this world. I count 7B+.

Just because some people complained, it doesn't mean its the same people who complained.

Just because some people complained because it was "new" and came back and even though its gonna happen again, doesn't mean people lose the right to have first impressions.

I didn't like the 4th generation. I still don't. Does it mean everyone was whining when they first saw it?

Don't tell people what they can or cannot do, what they can or cannot think even if they are wrong. They are entitled to have opinions just like you.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Oh, vehicles used to have all sorts of different trans options. Multiple manual and automatic options.

I'd be happy to see a 7 speed trans. That's what the car really needs.

Well......that and an 800lb diet.
Yup, this.
Plus, assuming that info was correct, what does "2 manual options" mean? It could mean available 6 and 7spd manuals; or, it could mean both MT-82 and Tremec availability once again.

Milestone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Given that the "official" reveal has not happened yet, how can you be so sure these are official? Either you're a leaker, or a time traveler.
Haha. I’m not the OP, but we have both been apart of the community for while. I may know a thing or two. If they weren’t real, TwinTurbo would take them down :).

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You know what, they are different people in this world. I count 7B+.

Just because some people complained, it doesn't mean its the same people who complained.

Just because some people complained because it was "new" and came back and even though its gonna happen again, doesn't mean people lose the right to have first impressions.

I didn't like the 4th generation. I still don't. Does it mean everyone was whining when they first saw it?

Don't tell people what they can or cannot do, what they can or cannot think even if they are wrong. They are entitled to have opinions just like you.
Yup. Plus, many on here who comment about the way it looks are open enough to say they're waiting for final judgement, which is the open, mature thing to do; many have been seen stating this.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Yup, this.
Plus, assuming that info was correct, what does "2 manual options" mean? It could mean available 6 and 7spd manuals; or, it could mean both MT-82 and Tremec availability once again.
I'd assume it means 2 levels of performance package or that there is "manual" then the Performance Package has a different manual.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
My initial impressions too. Yes, let's see what different views and angles do to these leaked pics.

My thoughts for now, are the rear end and lights look... the worst. The lights look very un-integrated into the rear end. This whole redesign (exterior, anyway) is like change for the sake of it, but it doesn't look any "better" overall. Like many said, I remember the reactions of the S550 when it was revealed but many eventually had a change of heart. However, this S650 isn't a huge departure from S550, like it was from S197. Let's see. Always leaving room for final judgment.
If I had to summarize my thoughts, this would be it. Let's hold out and see how it looks in video. I need to see those taillights in a walkaround before passing judgement. But right now with the still shot we've seen, they just look slapped on and out of place.

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2011 Mustang GT
Looks like a Camaro, Charger and Mustang in one. I think ford was trying to grab the market share from all 3. Interior lost its Mustang-ness. That interior could be from any new car.
So I don't get yelled at.....maybe it'll grow on me.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
Yup. Plus, many on here who comment about the way it looks are open enough to say they're waiting for final judgement, which is the open, mature thing to do; many have been seen stating this.
I still think the rear looks bad because of the photo. It might be better both in the actual video or in person. But the front doesn't impress as me as much and I want to puke at these interiors. I love the S550 because its beautiful, simple and traditional. This one feels like someone tried too hard to get this "modern".

I bet it positions them well towards an electric coupe but thats for the future.
Sponsored