• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VRYALT3R3D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I am glad I ordered a ZL1 1LE lol

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
If nothing else this proves the 2018 headlights were a mistake. Ford doubled down on an evolution of thr 2015 style. 😆

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Royal Crimson convertible
I’m meh on exterior, and agree with those who suggested S550 will be pinnacle of design, with a nice cross of modern with historical styling cues. Interior is definitely a “no” for me. I like my digital dash and dual cowl look much better. I understand that giant screens are how we are going across the board but that just doesn’t sit well with me…probably a function of age and what I grew up on.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I'm not in love with it like I was with the S550 unveiling. A few things bother me off the bat:
-It looks like they're hiding the jacked up nose (likely due to pedestrian safety standards) and consequently tall-stretched face by increasing the grille opening artificially with that blacked out trim and it's not fooling anyone.
-The door panels and overall character lines are in an uncomfortable spot between heavily creased and dramatic (eg outgoing S550 Mustang and even Mach E) versus taught and smooth (think modern Benz) and we kind of have this weak set of lines in turn.
-The taillights are disproportionately small and no longer have 3D depth that made them jewel-like with the S550. Even the S197.2 had cool looking graphics. These look like a college student's rendering rough draft.
-Appreciate what they're doing with the rear cheater panel and enlargening the trunk opening by dipping the access point, but the lines don't work horizontally for me and we lose the black accent that reduced visual weight. At least the dip in the trunk access is symmetrical with the license plate recess and diffuser accents.
-From what we can glean, they stepped up interior materials, but the chunky steering wheel looks like it would be more fitted to their truck lineup. I wish they went more bespoke with the, uh, spokes, and airbag cover. Hopefully the 9-and-3 grips no longer have shitty protrusions on the back end. If it's like the Mach E's wheel that I drove, then at least that's a big step in the right direction.
-The overall interior has two big issues for me: 1) it's lost a lot of character. A tray of shallow switches replaces those awesome toggles (that looked cool more than anything). And 2) this is the first interior in a LONG time that doesn't hark back to the OG symmetrical dash layout, which is more than fine by me since I don't care for symmetrical dashes, but it's so much chunkier and vertical than before. One of the great things about the S550's cabin was how airy, horizontal, and flat the dash was. I don't know how I feel about having such a tall screen obstructing my sightlines.
-Seeing that shift knob makes me fear that they carried over the MT82. Dear god I hope not.
On the plus side:
+Each of the pictured hoods look sick.
+Yay for real knee pads finally.
+Hand brake looking extra beefy. The faux-leather boot was a PITA to keep clean. Total dust and crumb trap.
+It's definitely still attractive and I'm sure it will look better in person with light and reflections bouncing around, like every other new car these days.
Sponsored