• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was too tired to delete the rest of your quoted post, but I definitely had to point out the rumor you were referring to about "7 years", was complete BS to me at least. I think that should be very obvious to you though or do I need to put it in bold, that I wasn't interested in the rest (which happened to be quoted)?

It would be nice if we got a fully new Mustang, that wasn't EV-only and still ICE for Gen 8. The hybrid and AWD, might already be here by 2023 for Gen 7.
I assume the section you're referring to in my post/comment/quote was this: " seems somewhat strange that they'd run the same generation (despite a refresh) for another 7 years "

I said that it would be weird that they would continue with the current gen and light refresh until 2028, considering some of the job postings and supplier info they listed showing S650, so yea, I'm not really believing that 7yr run on top of current model until we see a new redesign.

But, time will tell. Honestly, I don't really care. I got my Bullitt year ago, so I'm not going to be in the market for another 5 years at least if at all, so we'll see what the refreshes/redesigns are...
Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume the section you're referring to in my post/comment/quote was this: " seems somewhat strange that they'd run the same generation (despite a refresh) for another 7 years "

I said that it would be weird that they would continue with the current gen and light refresh until 2028, considering some of the job postings and supplier info they listed showing S650, so yea, I'm not really believing that 7yr run on top of current model until we see a new redesign.

But, time will tell. Honestly, I don't really care. I got my Bullitt year ago, so I'm not going to be in the market for another 5 years at least if at all, so we'll see what the refreshes/redesigns are...
I'll likely buy the last v8 model if they have one for the 8th gen.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'll likely buy the last v8 model if they have one for the 8th gen.
Yeah, if I'm in a position to at all afford that, I'll be right there with you, I think. Unless it looks horrible or doesn't offer a manual transmission. Although, really, honestly, the manual transmission would be the only deal breaker.

I wish I was able to afford the new Caddy CT5-V Blackwing with the 668hp and a manual. That's gotta be loads of fun.
I don't have a specific brand loyalty, really, never really liked Cadillac, but boy this one seems NEATO.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, if I'm in a position to at all afford that, I'll be right there with you, I think. Unless it looks horrible or doesn't offer a manual transmission. Although, really, honestly, the manual transmission would be the only deal breaker.

I wish I was able to afford the new Caddy CT5-V Blackwing with the 668hp and a manual. That's gotta be loads of fun.
I don't have a specific brand loyalty, really, never really liked Cadillac, but boy this one seems NEATO.
That motor is pretty cool, and I always like the CTS-V's. They were the original Hellcat.

Automotive press:
Sedans are dead, v8's are dead!

Cadillac:
Hold my beer...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
That motor is pretty cool, and I always like the CTS-V's. They were the original Hellcat.

Automotive press:
Sedans are dead, v8's are dead!

Cadillac:
Hold my beer...
Exactly. Someone over at Cadillac has quite the pair. And the bean counters went along with it. Bravo Cadillac.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They just might not have been paying attention at GM headquarters. They seem to forget about their brands every so often :facepalm:
Yeah, I understand that what enthusiasts want doesn't sell nearly as much as what the majority of consumers want. And yea, I get how some people perceive SUVs as practical, but you can't beat a sports coupe or sedan with good amount of power by slapping an "ST" badge on your mommy mobile. :(

Thing for me is, suppliers/manufacturers screech "nobody is buying this," but then they offer the enthusiast things in the poverty spec. That was major reason I got my Accord before I traded it in for my Bullitt. Essentially a loaded car (BLIS, adaptive cruise, heated seats, etc) with a manual and potent engine. Short of cooled seats it didn't miss much.
Yet Honda killed it off for a low take rate.

Makes me sad. Not trying to start a manual vs auto discussion. Preference varies, but it does make me sad for the future where this option surely won't be offered or only on a car north of $50,000. Who can afford that without losing much sleep?

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I understand that what enthusiasts want doesn't sell nearly as much as what the majority of consumers want. And yea, I get how some people perceive SUVs as practical, but you can't beat a sports coupe or sedan with good amount of power by slapping an "ST" badge on your mommy mobile. :(

Thing for me is, suppliers/manufacturers screech "nobody is buying this," but then they offer the enthusiast things in the poverty spec. That was major reason I got my Accord before I traded it in for my Bullitt. Essentially a loaded car (BLIS, adaptive cruise, heated seats, etc) with a manual and potent engine. Short of cooled seats it didn't miss much.
Yet Honda killed it off for a low take rate.

Makes me sad. Not trying to start a manual vs auto discussion. Preference varies, but it does make me sad for the future where this option surely won't be offered or only on a car north of $50,000. Who can afford that without losing much sleep?
Part of it is also a self-fulfilling prophesy. If you stop making cars and push crossovers in marketing/at dealerships, of course more people are going to buy them. Say what you will about the Camry, but Toyota moves half a million of them a year. Obviously there is a market for sedans. But automakers would rather push the trend, but blame the customers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Part of it is also a self-fulfilling prophesy. If you stop making cars and push crossovers in marketing/at dealerships, of course more people are going to buy them. Say what you will about the Camry, but Toyota moves half a million of them a year. Obviously there is a market for sedans. But automakers would rather push the trend, but blame the customers.
Yeah, that makes sense. If they put all the new tech, engines, all your options into just the mass-selling SUVs, if a consumer wants the newest and/or best tech, safety features, etc., lot of times you don't have a choice but to get an SUV.
No more sedans by a US automaker? No small hatches or compact vehicles. But then they're like "everyone wants SUVs." I mean, do you REALLY give us valid options?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah, that makes sense. If they put all the new tech, engines, all your options into just the mass-selling SUVs, if a consumer wants the newest and/or best tech, safety features, etc., lot of times you don't have a choice but to get an SUV.
No more sedans by a US automaker? No small hatches or compact vehicles. But then they're like "everyone wants SUVs." I mean, do you REALLY give us valid options?
Individual home markets dictate product needs. Japan and Europe need relatively small cars with high efficiency. Therefore lots of sedans. In the good old US of A bigger has always meant better. Most Americans do not want small underpowered cars without all the bells and whistles. So the manufactures build vehicles to those wants & likings. Right now that means SUV's & CUV's. Remember that in many cases these took the place of the minivan for soccer moms all over the country. Also remember that Ford, GM, and obviously, Stellantis, still make sedans. They are just not sold here anymore.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Individual home markets dictate product needs. Japan and Europe need relatively small cars with high efficiency. Therefore lots of sedans. In the good old US of A bigger has always meant better. Most Americans do not want small underpowered cars without all the bells and whistles. So the manufactures build vehicles to those wants & likings. Right now that means SUV's & CUV's. Remember that in many cases these took the place of the minivan for soccer moms all over the country. Also remember that Ford, GM, and obviously, Stellantis, still make sedans. They are just not sold here anymore.
Oh yeah, for sure. I'm from Europe originally, so I can see very much different things here.
Also, when gas is 2-3x the price it's in the US (at times, depending on country etc), you sure start to learn how to like the small efficient vehicles...

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
well the future is here and when you get gapped by a mach E GT electric we will reconsider getting an electric car.
How will my ego ever recover?
Sponsored