• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Top Speed

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Can you cite a case where the brewer or distiller was found liable for someone misusing their product?
Wasn’t referring to people fuel that can also find its way into a vehicle was referring to the non drinking kind.
Sponsored

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Here's a fact: If a person go's out to a bar in the US, get's drunk, then wrecks his car going home, guess who can be held "responsible" and face charges? Answer: The person that served him/her.
So there's that.
Only in some states. Not all.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I didn't intend this to be a politically fueled dik swinging contest.
I don't see one single post in this thread that mentions politics. Can you point out what you're referring to?

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
@roadpilot

You cannot compare your miles long straight Interstates with free visibility to German Autobahns!

They are for most parts twisted up and down roller-coasters with large trees left and right for reducing road noise which obviously obstruct your sight.
You don't know what's happening after the next turn if you don't know the area and we have immediate speed limits where you have to break from 155 mph down to 65 mph within a few yards!
Furthermore, half of the sections have only two lanes and are crowded during the day!

Next are semi trucks: speedlimit is 50 mph (!!!!!), electronically limited.
So on a two lane stretch any slow 100 hp car driven by grandpa will sooner or later start passing at that speed without warning and now comes Mr. Millionaire at 170 mph around the corner ...

You can buy a fast car, but you cannot buy experience.

Effects of beer on your body and reaction times are often experienced even before you have a drivers license, so you know what to expect, but getting behind the wheel of a super fast car in a completely new environment and believing you can handle critical situations you have never experienced before is stupid and irresponsible.
A company like BMW encouraging customers to do exactly that is - yes irresponsible, except they clearly explain the risks.

I drive many times a week at 150 mph, but only in sections I know and because I know how German people are behaving.

Finally, your example with the Chinese Restaurant would only apply if the fat guy immediately exploded inside the restaurant killing himself AND innocent people around him.

@Zengineer you have either driven the rare sections where all I described above was absent, or you were just naive and lucky that nothing happened.

OP
OP

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I don't see one single post in this thread that mentions politics. Can you point out what you're referring to?
Liability laws. They are made by politicians. I already assume you will want to argue that laws are not politics so let's just end this here.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@roadpilot

You cannot compare your miles long straight Interstates with free visibility to German Autobahns!
That's good. Because I wasn't trying to compare them.

A company like BMW encouraging customers to do exactly that is - yes irresponsible, except they clearly explain the risks.
You must be able to provide concrete examples of literature, signage, or other marketing material produced by BMW that encourages you to consume alcohol then immediately drive thier vehicles at high speed. Please do share.

Finally, your example with the Chinese Restaurant would only apply if the fat guy immediately exploded inside the restaurant killing himself AND innocent people around him.
Incorrect. It's about trying to hold a manufacturer or producer liable for the direct effects of someone MISUSING the product, regardless of how long it takes.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Liability laws. They are made by politicians. I already assume you will want to argue that laws are not politics so let's just end this here.
A discussion on traffic laws (or liability laws) is NOT a "political" discussion. You might as well say a debate over which coffee maker is best is political because politicians and bureaucrats determine consumer protection laws and rules.

I didn't actually expect you to cite a case because one does not exist. It was a rhetorical question.

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
@roadpilot
It wasn't about BMW encouraging to drive their cars when being drunk, but the OP mentioned a program where they encourage to come to Germany to drive their cars at speeds you cannot experience anywhere else in the world legally.

As your heart rate seems to get up so quickly making you writing in bold letters shows me that you are definitely the wrong person to drive a fast car in Germany.
Here you need to handle stress better.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
@roadpilot
It wasn't about BMW encouraging to drive their cars when being drunk, but the OP mentioned a program where they encourage to come to Germany to drive their cars at speeds you cannot experience anywhere else in the world legally.

As your heart rate seems to get up so quickly making you writing in bold letters shows me that you are definitely the wrong person to drive a fast car in Germany.
Flashing headlights or left blinker in the fast lane means you’re going too slow…but you had best be on those brakes when you hit town, the polizei don’t mess around. Oh yeah and don’t even think about hitting a tree.

OP
OP

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@roadpilot
I said no such thing.

...and I never mentioned alcohol.

...and yes, of course all German drivers are superior to anyone from the US.

Drive faster, read slower.

Last edited:

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
This thread reminds me of a very important rule: A Man (or woman) Must No His (or her) Limitations.
Disclaimer: Not to be implied a political in anyway.:)

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I managed to get to about 149 before ...well, before I got scared. I can't imagine ever seeing really high speeds here in the US but maybe there are places I don't know of where its possible or even legal?.
Consider a weekend at a Road Racing Event. Going fast is legal and you get some fantastic instruction and education on the car, its abilities and limits, as well as the drivers abilities and limits. There are some Groups/Clubs/Associations that you can join and hit the track for just a weekend or more. Do a search for Track Day Road Racing....ton's out there. These cars were made to go fast, but you have to learn about them first.

OP
OP

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Consider a weekend at a Road Racing Event. Going fast is legal and you get some fantastic instruction and education on the car, its abilities and limits, as well as the drivers abilities and limits. There are some Groups/Clubs/Associations that you can join and hit the track for just a weekend or more. Do a search for Track Day Road Racing....ton's out there. These cars were made to go fast, but you have to learn about them first.
Yes, I've done some BMW and other high performance driving classes but the only track experience was open wheel. Most if not all tracks don't allow convertibles, even my retractable hard top 4 series. The BMW club won't even allow it in autocross events.

mmerholz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
The Seney Stretch in Michigan is the longest curveless section of highway in the state, and one of the longest straight stretches of curveless highway east of the Mississippi.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@roadpilot

It's fun to see people lose arguments. They fall back on personal attacks. Bravo.
Sponsored