• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Current Interest Ford Interest Rates?

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
They have been offering 1.9, 2.9, 3.9, 4.9, and 5.9 since the new year. Last year in November, they had me at 0% for 24 months, 1.9% at 36 months, and 2.9% at 48 months. That promo was the time to get one for sure, but I understand not every got theirs at that time. Glad I ordered when I did, because you can lock in your rate with whatever they are offering.
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Didn’t happen. The sales rep. Might honor that thought but I won’t count on it.
Doubt it. The sales/finance reps can only do what their system allows. To the best of my knowledge, they can't just go in there and change the rate. If that were the case, there would be no point in running interest rate specials. As I previously stated, on the plus side, at least it doesn't not cost points or extra dollars to go your bank and refinance your vehicle. It may extend the life of the loan, but at the same time, you can choose to pay a little more than the minimum and still pay off the loan within your desired time frame.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
When you order a vehicle, you get to choose between what incentives were available at the time of order OR what's available when it arrives. This absolutely INCLUDES special interest rates if financing through FMC. That said, I can't speak for other states or countries, but it most certainly applies here in Michigan.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
When you order a vehicle, you get to choose between what incentives were available at the time of order OR what's available when it arrives. This absolutely INCLUDES special interest rates if financing through FMC. That said, I can't speak for other states or countries, but it most certainly applies here in Michigan.
Apparently not here in Florida. The sales rep only showed me the rates back in early December because I asked.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Apparently not here in Florida. The sales rep only showed me the rates back in early December because I asked.
Sarasota Ford dealership web site FAQ:

Is my ordered vehicle eligible for Ford incentives?

"Ordering customers will be eligible for qualifying incentives at the time of order placement or qualifying incentives at the time of final delivery, whichever is preferred. "

I would call a few others dealerships in FL and ask. Remember, the dealership isn't just passing along the rate FMC gives them -- they (can) mark it up.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
At one point it made sense to get my loan from my credit union, but not now. I compared Ford's 5.9%/72 mo with my CU and there was a miniscule difference, only .15% so I'm sticking with Ford's financing for 72 mo.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
When I ordered my GT in early December, I was quoted 1.9%. I am concerned that it was a teaser/intro rate.
I have been seeing 5.9% rates on cars these days. If that's the case, I'm walking from the deal.
What have you folks been seeing RECENTLY?
I don’t understand how that works in the US. If I purchase a car not even built yet and the finance rate is 1.9% and it’s wrote up on bill of sale. How can it change unless stated on your bill of sale OR it’s just your offer to purchase it that day. The only catch there is you don’t have a VIN.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I bought mine last November, with excellent credit , i got 7.5% for 72months here in Virginia...waiting now to refinance, but i can't get anything lower that 6.5% in my area...

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If anything, I would think interest rates would be similar to house mortgage rates. You can lock in your rates within XX days of closing. However, once again, the finance rep is limited by what their system allows. The only real incentives that I could foresee being locked in prior to the vehicle's delivery is the amount of discount (price reduction) of the vehicle.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
You were lied to.

1st, NONE of the numbers matter at the time of order. Price isn't locked in, interest rate sure as shit isn't locked in months out.

2nd, Ford's promotional rate is on their website, it's 3.9% for 60, 5.9% for 72 until April 2nd for Mustangs.

The only way to get 1.9% is to get the promotional rate, before April 2nd, and finance for 36 months.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were lied to.

1st, NONE of the numbers matter at the time of order. Price isn't locked in, interest rate sure as shit isn't locked in months out.

2nd, Ford's promotional rate is on their website, it's 3.9% for 60, 5.9% for 72 until April 2nd for Mustangs.

The only way to get 1.9% is to get the promotional rate, before April 2nd, and finance for 36 months.
That's my take as well. I doubt I'll have my car by then.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
That's my take as well. I doubt I'll have my car by then.
There is always the possibility of a new promotional rate on April 3rd, it could be the same, could be better, there could be none. It varies.

I wouldn't expect 1.9% on 60+ months right now though.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is always the possibility of a new promotional rate on April 3rd, it could be the same, could be better, there could be none. It varies.

I wouldn't expect 1.9% on 60+ months right now though.
My plan was 36 months - no longer.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I work at a Ford dealership. When covid hit, Ford automatically started locking your order in to price protection and any finance specials at that time because it was taking forever to get vehicles in with the microchip/parts shortage issues. If your dealer doesn't bring it up, you can ask the question about it and they have to honor it. If they don't, you can contact Ford Customer Assistance and file a complaint I believe. Lot's of issues with other dealers not honoring the prices and then people called in to complain. Ford fixed that by either mailing a check directly to the customer or the dealer can sell it to you at the agreed upon price and will then be reimbursed directly by Ford.

I ordered my Mustang in August last year and took delivery January 31st. I went back and looked at what the interest rates were back when I ordered it, and there was nothing available, and went with the the special rates they have now 1.9, 2.9, 3.9, 5.9. The 72 months actually got better after December 31st, when it was at 7.9.
Sponsored