• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blue Smoke on start up....

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Absolutely, I’m not gonna take a car that I’m bored with the interior. I’ve already owned a 2015 Limited Edition, 2018 GT, 2020 GT500 and 2021 Mach1. I’m bored with the S550 interior. Same shit different S550 Mustang.

My money my decision. Ford isn’t buying the car back and if the repairs are done correctly and no additional issues I could keep it with the extended warranty they are offering me for 7yrs/100,000 mile $0 deductible for my troubles. I also have the option of the dealer taking this one back, let them sell it and walk away and maybe get another next year.
I would probably take the new car.
The 7yr 100k warranty is only as good as the dealership that will back it, which it looks like you have a good relationship with.

Honestly after a couple months of driving your car, you'll forget it was ever worked on!
Sponsored

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My son and I went and picked up the car tonight, First thing my son said was "dad, your car sounds different in a good way compared to the first time it sounded when you bought it". Now, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. Car sounds good, runs good and looks good. The cost for Ford for the factory replacement long block was $11,441.04

Last edited:

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Good to see that it worked out.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My son and I went tan picked up the car tonight, First thing my son said was "dad, your car sounds different in a good way compared to the first time it sounded when you bought it". Now, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. Car sounds good, runs good and looks good. The cost for Ford for the factory replacement long block was $11,441.04
I'm glad everything worked out for you. It's great that you have an excellent dealer that doesn't give the run around. Enjoy your car!!!!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
My son and I went tan picked up the car tonight, First thing my son said was "dad, your car sounds different in a good way compared to the first time it sounded when you bought it". Now, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. Car sounds good, runs good and looks good. The cost for Ford for the factory replacement long block was $11,441.04
It might have been passing more oil than we thought and it was clogging the cat. Now it's running clean it burned out the excessive gunk and the exhaust noise flows free.

Dokes650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang gt premium
Well....started the car this morning to goto work and it was about 3 seconds of blue smoke then it was gone. At lunch time I started the car to go get food and blue smoke again for about 3 seconds. At the end of my shift I started the car and again....blue smoke for about 3 seconds.

Has anyone else had this issue? 5.0 GT
yes, ordered a 24 gt premium in July, upon delivery 21 October I noticed right front fender and right rear bumper fitment problem. The next day, oil smoke on start. A couple days later the passenger door was catching fender. Only had car 9 days before it's in the shop, still on it's first tank of gas. They kept it 30 days! Smoke issues are not resolved. Dealer said to drive it. 800 miles later, still smoke. I have started the buy back process!

Dokes650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang gt premium
update, I now have 2300 miles on my car. Blue smoke on start EVERY time after driving and letting it sit for about 1 hour. Right bank the most. Been in shop multiple times for this. I have 4 months of videos, they haven't even tried to troubleshoot it. Like pulling the spark plugs and seeing which one is cooking off oil! Called Ford 7 times for a buy back, got rejected, they tell me to try another dealer! Really? It should have been documented every time. Going to another dealership Monday.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Been in shop multiple times for this.
they tell me to try another dealer!
That dealership doesn't want to do the work, or is scared of the labor its going to take to find out what's actually wrong.

You should have gone to a different dealership after the first time they didnt do anything.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
update, I now have 2300 miles on my car. Blue smoke on start EVERY time after driving and letting it sit for about 1 hour. Right bank the most. Been in shop multiple times for this. I have 4 months of videos, they haven't even tried to troubleshoot it. Like pulling the spark plugs and seeing which one is cooking off oil! Called Ford 7 times for a buy back, got rejected, they tell me to try another dealer! Really? It should have been documented every time. Going to another dealership Monday.
Press your dealer harder, skip your sales manager and go above him. He’s just a buffer between you and getting what you want. If you have a reputable dealer by the time you get to the dealer manager or the owner partner the sales manager will start making things happen. Believe me, my dealer ordered me my exact build to replace a car that came in with a lot of shipping damage. They sent it out for paint and body work first but the job they did was shitty. I had to throw several fits with several people, called Ford multiple times, left bad reviews everywhere I could. All said and done, they apologized and did what was right. They really don’t want an unhappy customer and bad reviews.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry you went thru this. I was actually amazed the decision was to replace my motor and to have it done as quickly as it was even more amazing. A dealership can be all the difference between a good experience considering the situation or a terrible experience.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
@Dokes650 , sorry to hear you are also having issues with your engine. And it's a shame the first dealer contacted isn't engaging. Some dealers don't like warranty work and avoid it. Disappointing does not begin to describe that.

FWIW, I'll mention @Ford Motor Company ; I'm sure they'd like to know of your issues and might be of assistance. Ford will want to inspect the engine.

I didn't notice, but calling Ford Help and opening a case could help as well. https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

Hope the second dealer is better than the first. :please:If you like, post the name of the initial dealer, so we can avoid them in both sales and service.

With all that, if you have the time, please let us know how things worked out.

Last edited:

Dokes650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang gt premium
@Dokes650 , sorry to hear you are also having issues with your engine. And it's a shame the first dealer contacted isn't engaging. Some dealers don't like warranty work and avoid it. Disappointing does not begin to describe that.

FWIW, I'll mention @Ford Motor Company ; I'm sure they'd like to know of your issues and might be of assistance. Ford will want to inspect the engine

I didn't notice, but calling Ford Help and opening a case could help as well. https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

Hope the second dealer is better than the first. :please:If you like, post the name of the initial dealer, so we can avoid them in both sales and service.

FWIW, I'll mention @Ford Motor Company ; I'm sure they'd like to know of your issues and might be of assistance. Ford will want to inspect the engine.

The dealer is Bondy's Ford, Dothan Al.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello! If you would like additional assistance with your concern, please send us a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Blue or white smoke is oil. Black smoke is fuel.
Blue smoke is (burned) oil.
White smoke is not smoke, but water vapor (i.e., coolant).
Black smoke is fuel (too rich).
Sponsored