• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blue Smoke on start up....

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
dealer is still willing to swap with a smilier build car in price
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
The other option is to fix it with a full warranty? If so It's a tough choice.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The other option is to fix it with a full warranty? If so It's a tough choice.
Correct, it should be fixed and delivered back to me this Friday

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Dammit man, after hearing all the crap you’re going through with your car I feel very fortunate my dealer ordered me a direct replacement of my build, they even let me change interior color. I also get to drive the original order car until it gets here. They did a “we owe” contract for me that says they will swap me out cars for exact pay-off owed at time of new car arrival. It wouldn’t hurt to ask if your dealer would do the same. They’re not going to loose money, they’ll sell your current car as a demo once it’s repaired and the new owner probably won’t even know what was going on. In my experience, at the end of the day they would rather have a happy, satisfied customer than one leaving bad reviews and ruffling feathers in upper management and or owner/partners. Good luck!

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Dammit man, after hearing all the crap you’re going through with your car I feel very fortunate my dealer ordered me a direct replacement of my build, they even let me change interior color. I also get to drive the original order car until it gets here. They did a “we owe” contract for me that says they will swap me out cars for exact pay-off owed at time of new car arrival. It wouldn’t hurt to ask if your dealer would do the same. They’re not going to loose money, they’ll sell your current car as a demo once it’s repaired and the new owner probably won’t even know what was going on. In my experience, at the end of the day they would rather have a happy, satisfied customer than one leaving bad reviews and ruffling feathers in upper management and or owner/partners. Good luck!
Already asked and they are willing to do that, I'm just not sure I am willing to wait another 3 to 4 months or more for a replacement

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Already asked and they are willing to do that, I'm just not sure I am willing to wait another 3 to 4 months or more for a replacement
I understand that, but in my opinion that’s a win win situation. We are still able to enjoy the new Mustang, flaws and all, basically putting free miles on it while we wait for the replacements. I got to say, I thought I made a mistake selling my 18 GT PP to get this but after having put over 2200 miles on it I feel the car just keeps getting better and I am looking forward to getting and enjoying the new one knowing that I won’t be doubting my decision and my mind will be at ease knowing I got a car with no flaws. If I would have had to settle for this one it would eat at me every day knowing where all imperfections were and still are.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I understand that, but in my opinion that’s a win win situation. We are still able to enjoy the new Mustang, flaws and all, basically putting free miles on it while we wait for the replacements. I got to say, I thought I made a mistake selling my 18 GT PP to get this but after having put over 2200 miles on it I feel the car just keeps getting better and I am looking forward to getting and enjoying the new one knowing that I won’t be doubting my decision and my mind will be at ease knowing I got a car with no flaws. If I would have had to settle for this one it would eat at me every day knowing where all imperfections were and still are.
What I meant was they are willing to order a new one, not let me continue to drive this one as we wait on the new one.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What I meant was they are willing to order a new one, not let me continue to drive this one as we wait on the new one.
Sorry if I’m not up to date but that sounds like a win-win assuming they are flexible on any financing terms. Sure wouldn’t enjoy making 3-6 months worth of payments without being able to enjoy it.

you know quality is job 1 when the only customers are happy customers.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry if I’m not up to date but that sounds like a win-win assuming they are flexible on any financing terms. Sure wouldn’t enjoy making 3-6 months worth of payments without being able to enjoy it.

you know quality is job 1 when the only customers are happy customers.
The motor is actually in the car right now. They are working on all the connections / fuel / sensors / electronics and such. I was told ETA to be returned to me would be late Friday afternoon.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The motor is actually in the car right now. They are working on all the connections / fuel / sensors / electronics and such. I was told ETA to be returned to me would be late Friday afternoon.
Is it a choice between taking friday’s job or waiting for a new one? Or are you saying they are going patch up your current one and order you a new one making you more than one happy customer?

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I see. Well, that really sucks then. I would be like you and it would constantly eat at me that something would go wrong. I just wouldn’t have peace of mind with the car.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Is it a choice between taking friday’s job or waiting for a new one? Or are you saying they are going patch up your current one and order you a new one making you more than one happy customer?
No, Ford denied the buyback because it doesn’t meet Floridas Lemon Law. So my choices are take this car with the new engine, trade it for one at the dealership in inventory or give the dealer this car back and order a new one and wait 3,4 or 5 months for it to come in.

Right now the dealer has nothing in stock I want. I preferred this car exactly as I wanted it and not willing to swap it with something “less”. “Less” to me is Recaro seats or non NPP, non-AVE, non Bemba upgrade, non 401A

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They are giving me the option to look over the car after the engine swap. I told them no scratches to paint, not metal showing on bolts and nuts that were painted, no scratches on the plastic pieces under the hood like radiator cover and such and the car needs to be verified no oil leaks, tranny leaks, vacuum leaks, coolant leaks, no check engine lights after the test drive and then I’ll make my decision to let the car go and order another or just walk away altogether.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Do you get any depreciation check when they swap motors ..because vin won’t match and doesn’t it get reported to carfax ??
I’ll have to check into this. With it being 100% under warranty would that even show up on a CarFax report?
Sponsored