• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blue Smoke on start up....

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I don't want the squeaks, rattles or possible electrical gremlins form a pinched or scraped wire or any other multitude of issues. This isn't an engine being replaced at 100k miles....it's 525 current miles.
It is your decision but the normal procedure is to remove the hood and everything else in the way, move the wires out of the way and gently remove the engine. Putting the engine back in is much the same procedure because you don't want it to drop even a little in the process. I have done multiple transplants without difficulty. I never damaged a wire in the process. The engine sits on rubber engine mounts so squeaks and rattles don't happen. If you didn't get it with the car, you might want to ask for the extended warranty for your piece of mind about this problem. The dealer might want to provide it at no cost for your trouble and time.
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
It is your decision but the normal procedure is to remove the hood and everything else in the way, move the wires out of the way and gently remove the engine. Putting the engine back in is much the same procedure because you don't want it to drop even a little in the process. I have done multiple transplants without difficulty. I never damaged a wire in the process. The engine sits on rubber engine mounts so squeaks and rattles don't happen. If you didn't get it with the car, you might want to ask for the extended warranty for your piece of mind about this problem. The dealer might want to provide it at no cost for your trouble and time.
You sound like a technician who pays attention to detail which is fantastic. The problem is, many technicians are not like you and are looking for speed to beat the clock in order to make more $$$. I do not fault them for that. In the factory the line techs have many specialized tools, go/no go gauges, robot torque guns etc that the field does not have. The procedures are well documented and the techs are expected to follow them although there is no guarantee of course. I don't know for sure regarding Ford, but I know GM and the German car manufacturers track every step via a bar code which is scanned so it's easy to weed out those who are not performing their tasks to spec. Possibly after the fact, but still.

Personally, if I were the OP, I would get a new car.
Why take a chance that the mechanics installing the new motor are not as conscientious as Dena but are in fact butchers?
That's just my 2 cents opinion.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
You sound like a technician who pays attention to detail which is fantastic.
Actually software and hardware engineer. Biggest mess that was dropped in my lap was over 100,000 lines of code that couldn't get through the day without crashing and after I was done, it could run over a year without a problem. For the most part, the others made the mess and I got it working so the customer was happy.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If I recall correctly, there was a bit of a delay in originally deciding and purchasing the car. While the anomaly isn’t the most welcome development
don’t forget the trials the pair of you have overcome just getting to this point, let that attitude/mindset be your guide.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Actually software and hardware engineer. Biggest mess that was dropped in my lap was over 100,000 lines of code that couldn't get through the day without crashing and after I was done, it could run over a year without a problem. For the most part, the others made the mess and I got it working so the customer was happy.
I'm a controls system engineer for heavy duty gas / steam turbines doing installations / upgrades to hardware and software so I'm very nit-picky about things related to my work and my cars. I expect the same care to be given to my car when its in a shop as I give to my customers doing their power plants.

Do I trust the technicians at my dealer and the service advisor? Absolutely. We have a history with my cars, my kids cars, my parents cars and friends cars since 2004. Never had an issue that wasn't resolved correctly. I'm just concerned of issues down the road from a pinched wire, leaks from lines not properly connected or what not. Can this happen from the factory build....sure.

We shall see what comes out of our discussions today.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I'm a controls system engineer for heavy duty gas / steam turbines doing installations / upgrades to hardware and software so I'm very nit-picky about things related to my work and my cars. I expect the same care to be given to my car when its in a shop as I give to my customers doing their power plants.

Do I trust the technicians at my dealer and the service advisor? Absolutely. We have a history with my cars, my kids cars, my parents cars and friends cars since 2004. Never had an issue that wasn't resolved correctly. I'm just concerned of issues down the road from a pinched wire, leaks from lines not properly connected or what not. Can this happen from the factory build....sure.

We shall see what comes out of our discussions today.

Nice. I was a Millwright for 20+ years. Worked on a lot of Siemens and GE Gas Turbines as well as tons of steam turbines in refineries.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So, I contacted Ford this evening and explained my situation with the car. I gave the representative all the info on the car, dealer location, service advisor I'm working with and all my contact info. I was asked what I wanted to resolve the situation seeing as the car had just over 200 miles at the time the issue started.

I stated the dealership has provided great service to myself and family for 19 years. I don't doubt the service department can change the motor, I just don't want a car that has had the engine replaced for an engine issue after just a couple hundred miles. Any multitude of issues could come from this and its already been at the shop longer than the time I've had it to enjoy.

What I requested as preference in this order:
1.) A replacement car, in similar if not exact configuration, at no additional cost out of pocket to me. I provided a VIN# for a car 35 miles away with similar build to mine in color and options other than the other car has performance pack.​
2.) If the buyback doesn't get approved I want the extended warranty on my car that I purchased refunded and Ford provide a new extended warranty for 7yr/100,000 mile $0 deductible and maintenance contract on their dime not mine.​
I think my request is reasonable. I was told to expect a response no later than 5 business days from today. In the meantime Ford is going to reach out to the other dealer with the car I provided the VIN# for and see if its a customer car or stock.​
I'll update as I get info.​

Last edited:

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So, I contacted Ford this evening and explained my situation with the car. I gave the representative all the info on the car, dealer location, service advisor I'm working with and all my contact info. I was asked what I wanted to resolve the situation seeing as he car had just over 200 miles at the time the issue started.

I stated the dealership has provided great service to myself and family for 19 years. I don't doubt the service department can change the motor, I just don't want a car that has had the engine replaced for an engine issue after just a couple hundred miles. Any multitude of issues could come from this and its already been at the shop longer than the time I've had it to enjoy.

What I requested as preference in this order:
1.) A replacement car, in similar if not exact configuration, at no additional cost out of pocket to me. I provided a VIN# for a car 35 miles away with similar build to mine in color and options other than the other car has performance pack.​
2.) If the buyback doesn't get approved I want the extended warranty on my car that I purchased refunded and Ford provide a new extended warranty for 7yr/100,000 mile $0 deductible and maintenance contract on their dime not mine.​
I think my request is reasonable. I was told to expect a response no later than 5 business days from today. In the meantime Ford is going to reach out to the other dealer with the car I provided the VIN# for and see if its a customer car or stock.​
I'll update as I get info.​
These are reasonable requests. I feel as though they will comeback and offer to make a few payments on your vehicle (assuming you finances through Ford Credit). If they go down this path, they will have a fixed response and wont directly negotiate. They will have to go back to a person that approves your request. Then from there, its up in the air. I have seen a few get more and others they dig in on and hold their ground. Best of luck.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
These are reasonable requests. I feel as though they will comeback and offer to make a few payments on your vehicle (assuming you finances through Ford Credit). If they go down this path, they will have a fixed response and wont directly negotiate. They will have to go back to a person that approves your request. Then from there, its up in the air. I have seen a few get more and others they dig in on and hold their ground. Best of luck.
Its financed through Ford Credit

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They will attempt to fix it ..depending on how your lemon laws work in your state ..my state they have 3 tries to resolve the issue and vehicle can’t sit at the shop more then 30 days trying to resolve the issue or they would have to start the buyback process .. but like my state they have a loophole on the 30 days rules if dealer provides a loaner then the 30 day rule doesn’t apply ..but the 3 attempts to fix it still applies ..ford hates negotiating ..they like to always be on top “ That what she said” …lol
I was literally asked by the Ford rep this morning if I wanted to start the buyback process and I answered “yes”. Additionally there are guidelines for having had the car less than 24 hrs when the issue started

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The new motor and miscellaneous parts arrived this morning. The car was pulled in for disassembly. The dealer is wanting to make me feel better by putting me into another car that they got that the owner backed out on, it’s a white automatic PP package, AVE 401A with Recaro seats car. I don’t really care for white and living in Florida I prefer the heated/cooled seats. It’s a $660 difference in price from my car that they were going to wave the difference.
S650 Mustang Blue Smoke on start up.... 1698700536283

S650 Mustang Blue Smoke on start up.... 1698700576150

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
The new motor and miscellaneous parts arrived this morning. The car was pulled in for disassembly. The dealer is wanting to make me feel better by putting me into another car that they got that the owner backed out on, it’s a white automatic PP package, AVE 401A with Recaro seats car. I don’t really care for white and living in Florida I prefer the heated/cooled seats. It’s a $660 difference in price from my car that they were going to wave the difference.
1698700536283.jpeg

1698700576150.jpeg
If it isn’t exactly what you want, don’t get it or you will most likely regret it. You want heated and air conditioned seats, then that’s what you should get. We have a lot of new ones all around here

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I told them yesterday I was passing on it bf side of the color and the Recaro seats.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Ford rejected my Buy Back Request as I assumed they might

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score