• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Engine revving on start?

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Well, this is a first. Car has been running fine, has almost 500 miles on it now.

I did a remote start this morning and the engine starts to rev to 5500 rpm and sits there. Ran out to shut the car off, manually started and still does the same thing.

Anyone come across this? Assuming I have to call for a tow.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I would check your throttle body. May be something propping the butterfly valve open? I would do some mild digging before I committed to sending to the dealer.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Sounds scaryā€¦ let us know how it goes!

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Check floor mat, make sure not flipped up on accelerator

OP
OP

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, good news is - false alarm.

Iā€™ll own up to it as user idiot error. I bought new weather tech mats and thought I pushed it behind both pedals. Turns out it only made it behind the brake and the gas was stuck full open.

I always thought when you remote start a car the security features donā€™t allow any throttle input until the key is present and the car is ā€œonā€. Guess I was wrong.

BobU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, good news is - false alarm.

Iā€™ll own up to it as user idiot error. I bought new weather tech mats and thought I pushed it behind both pedals. Turns out it only made it behind the brake and the gas was stuck full open.

I always thought when you remote start a car the security features donā€™t allow any throttle input until the key is present and the car is ā€œonā€. Guess I was wrong.
Ha, I did that exact thing last fall with my winter car. Dropped in the Weather Tech mats and went to start and pegged out the RPM. What a rush.
Sponsored