• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Orders being chosen

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Here and on-line you can read up on the allocation process. Dealers are gifted allocations based on previous sales. Those who've sold the most cars get the most slots.

Every few weeks, if not every week, each dealer meets with their regional rep, to discuss anything having to do with car sales.

How regional reps and Ford select those orders to be built remains a mystery. But at least a few factors I can think of: 1) A dealer sitting on a lot of allocations, a lot of orders, is probably going to be looked at first. Not every time, but I'd think they'd have a bit more weight. 2) Even if Ford looks at the order, they might be under parts constraints for that build at the time. 3) Some dealers/local reps might not be well-versed in all the ins and outs of allocations, orders, etc., and how to work with their rep.

Not to make lite of anyones' concerns, but for the last 3+ years, waiting several months was not unheard of. Everyone should get the initial e-mail, acknowledging receipt of the order. Afterwards, things could move quickly or take a long pause.
How much longer after the order would you get the emai?
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
My Ford dealer is also very small. So small they also sell the Dodge and Chrysler and have a joint Service Dept for both. They gave me their only allocation because I inquired well before Christmas and nobody else asked. When I placed my order (March 27). They gave me priority 10. My Dark Horse is just about done (Window Sticker says blend date is 8/3/23 and Ford Chat said it was on the Trim Line Friday Morning). I think I just got lucky šŸ€and I hope others get their Dark Horses built and delivered here soon.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Ford should confirm receipt of your order within 24 hours by sending you an email directly.

Reasons for not receiving an email:

1. Being sent to an account which no longer exists
2. Ad-blockers or anti-virus placing in spam
3. Dealer mis-types
4. Dealer uses their e-mail as contact, not yours
5. Email contact is not placed in the order

After confirmation an order has been received, now, the wait. Before your order is scheduled for production, you will not hear anything at all. Ford will send a standard email, once again confirming the order and apologizing for the delay; you'll receive these on average every 45 days.

When the car is scheduled for production, you'll receive an email with a scheduled date and VIN. This date will most likely slide around a bit. A few weeks maybe here or there. From then on, you'll receive updates as production, built, shipped, etc.

Once you've been advised your car has been shipped, you can work with the dealer to track. While not as granular as FedEx or UPS, the dealer can tell you when the car reaches rail yard and trucking waypoints.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Check your spam folder. I found out you should get it within a week after you ordered and if you didnā€™t, itā€™s either in your spam folder, or possibly the dealership gave ford the wrong email, Which the dealership should always double check before they send it, or like with me, they couldā€™ve been off one number on the order code, and they screw up the whole thing, which I didnā€™t find out about until eight weeks later after my order, and not receiving an acknowledgement email

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford should confirm receipt of your order within 24 hours by sending you an email directly.

Reasons for not receiving an email:

1. Being sent to an account which no longer exists
2. Ad-blockers or anti-virus placing in spam
3. Dealer mis-types
4. Dealer uses their e-mail as contact, not yours
5. Email contact is not placed in the order

After confirmation an order has been received, now, the wait. Before your order is scheduled for production, you will not hear anything at all. Ford will send a standard email, once again confirming the order and apologizing for the delay; you'll receive these on average every 45 days.

When the car is scheduled for production, you'll receive an email with a scheduled date and VIN. This date will most likely slide around a bit. A few weeks maybe here or there. From then on, you'll receive updates as production, built, shipped, etc.

Once you've been advised your car has been shipped, you can work with the dealer to track. While not as granular as FedEx or UPS, the dealer can tell you when the car reaches rail yard and trucking waypoints.
#6 they put order number down wrong!

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely some caveat emptor involved. My small dealer received 2 allocations. Not sure if they've over sold those, but they were good to make sure I was first one contacted when the question about omitting AP and HP came up.
I have a small dealer also He ordered my GT base with the one option ,active exhaust June 6/23. Previously he had ordered two, one sold to a customer the other for stock.. I told him later he had my location on the forum listings as MI. His answer ā€thats where its being builtā€. Have not heard nothing since, about my car no vin,etc.

bobdes368

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT 500
That's your opinion. I would of loved to have a S650, but after all the delays and problems with electrical, valves, and alignment, I decided to have a bird in hand that I know is proven and has no issues. I can always buy a S650 after all the issues are corrected.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a small dealer also He ordered my GT base with the one option ,active exhaust June 6/23. Previously he had ordered two, one sold to a customer the other for stock.. I told him later he had my location on the forum listings as MI. His answer ā€thats where its being builtā€. Have not heard nothing since, about my car no vin,etc.
Talked to dealer today. Mustang Gt is scheduled to be built in September. When I purchased it he said I would have in September barring no major upsets. Hoping for the best.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Ford dealer is also very small. So small they also sell the Dodge and Chrysler and have a joint Service Dept for both. They gave me their only allocation because I inquired well before Christmas and nobody else asked. When I placed my order (March 27). They gave me priority 10. My Dark Horse is just about done (Window Sticker says blend date is 8/3/23 and Ford Chat said it was on the Trim Line Friday Morning). I think I just got lucky šŸ€and I hope others get their Dark Horses built and delivered here soon.
Did you get your DH yet?

javiviano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Mustang
Generally the same exact thing in my experience...Dark Horse/Placed in the first week/Priority 10...except mine hasn't been "chosen" yet. :please:šŸ¤ž

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully they get you moving pretty quick, being that we had the same exact packages just that you have the convertible I donā€™t see why it shouldnā€™t . My Mustang is scheduled for build Saturday.
Mines not scheduled even into October. I will be happy anytime after November 1 so I can use the x plan and save some $

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully they get you moving pretty quick, being that we had the same exact packages just that you have the convertible I donā€™t see why it shouldnā€™t . My Mustang is scheduled for build Saturday.
Thanks