• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!]

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Thanks for shooting this video.
It provides a great overview of the colour differences.

Dumb question: Why do some vehicles have a strip of white film across the front of the hood?

Capture.JPG
New cars come with protection film.
I wonder why a a lot don't have that film instead.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
This was absolutely awesome! Thank you for driving out there and doing this for all of us.

The answer to "Is the rear wing on the NP painted black" has finally been answered and confirmed with numerous NP cars shown here with black wings. I also have to admit that seeing the opaque stripes on an actual produced car looks pretty good. I think I'd still rather hit up a custom shop and get Shelby stripes put on mine, but these aren't as bad as I was thinking from previous pics I have seen of the stripes.

ShibaGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford focus
I about ready to release the video. Most of these are dealer orders. Almost all have blue window stickers. Most do not have pp. Lots of NP
I suppose PP/NP is what I meant. Still patiently waiting my order to be scheduled. Ordered 03/27

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Thanks for going out to the Chevrolet factory and getting a video of all those new Camaros for us! 😄

Jokes aside, not a single DH in this video I don't think, and none with the opacity fade stripes either. Otherwise I think I saw pretty much every possible option.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Thanks for going out to the Chevrolet factory and getting a video of all those new Camaros for us! 😄

Jokes aside, not a single DH in this video I don't think, and none with the opacity fade stripes either. Otherwise I think I saw pretty much every possible option.
Could've sworn I saw one with opacity fade stripes. Did my eyes deceive me?

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Could've sworn I saw one with opacity fade stripes. Did my eyes deceive me?
I don't know what opacity fade stripes arw but I saw at least 3 on the video with stripes from the hood, over the roof to the back.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That is just for assembly and or shipping protection. It is likely a piece of thin flexible foam like material. It is not a protection film.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I was wondering the same thing. If you look at a semi hauling a load of new cars the new cars have that white film in a couple different places. It's usually on the leading edge of the hood but I see them put it on the sides in certain places as well and some even have what look to be press on wheel covers.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think I saw a couple Nite Pony Packages w/OTT stripes.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I was wondering the same thing. If you look at a semi hauling a load of new cars the new cars have that white film in a couple different places. It's usually on the leading edge of the hood but I see them put it on the sides in certain places as well and some even have what look to be press on wheel covers.
Like any process, they have identified areas where they get warranty claims and minimize it by adding protection. Could be from assembly, transportation, or the dealer. It is about reducing claims and costs.
Sponsored