• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Why Lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Just received an email from Ford. I was thrilled, I thought it was a production date. It was a lie blaming the supply chain for delays. I replied and asked why the lie when the FR plant is closed to address QC issues and got a reply.....this mailbox is not accepting replies!

I'd rather wait than deal with recalls. Anyone else get this BS email?

S650 Mustang Why Lie? Screenshot_20230511_213427_Gmail
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
its not really a lie though...

1. yeah they shut the factory down...thats a supply chain issue...because the factory supplies the cars that Ford sells...
2. based on your postings you ordered a convertible, which is on hold right now...due to not having the supplies needed.

Also its an automated emailing system. youre not going to get a response from it. if you want to complain youll need to use Fords customer support site: https://www.ford.com/help/contact/

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I thought it would do any good. Was hoping to enjoy it this summer. Frustrated to see that window keep getting smaller.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
hate to say this because i would've loved to drive this thing over the summer but being realistic, anyone who ordered in march expecting to see the car before August were only setting themselves up for disappointment. Had this been a new trim of S550 then yeah summer would be a reasonable expectation, but a new build altogether requires an ass load of logistical planning and support outside of just "hurr durr its just a refreshed S550" that people claim. As much shit as people are giving Ford, as a certain world power learned last year in eastern Europe, logistics is fucking hard.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Just received an email from Ford. I was thrilled, I thought it was a production date. It was a lie blaming the supply chain for delays. I replied and asked why the lie when the FR plant is closed to address QC issues and got a reply.....this mailbox is not accepting replies!

Screenshot_20230511_213427_Gmail.jpg
My Mach 1 order from September 2022. Just dumb.

S650 Mustang Why Lie? Screenshot_20230511_205706_Gmail~2

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I work in a dealership. Back ordered part and assembly line parts shortages are real things. I have 5 stores and run approx. 1850 back ordered lines at any given time right now. Reread that. 1850+ back ordered lines with multiple quantities on most. I have a wire harnesses that 8+ months out with no ETA. I have EGR valves that finally made it stateside only to fail inspection and be scrapped with no ETA. I had fuel filters on back order and they were at sea so long they rusted. the manufacturer had to scrap 7 containers. This above is much better than it was during the height of Covid. It is a mess out there.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
My point is they stopped making the Mach 1 almost 2 months ago. They just won't cancel my order

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse

I just received the same email regarding my Dark Horse order (says Dark Horse instead of GT shown above). Since it's a DH and I have yet to receive a VIN or build date I'm actually looking forward to getting queued in for an update every 45 days. But I'll believe it when I see it in terms of Ford following through on their "promise".

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Just got mine for my DH too. Ordered opening day which was about 45 days ago. I have a feeling I'll get a couple more of these exact emails before delivery.

The same email for your 23 Mach 1 is ridiculous. Guess their AI hasn't leveled up to Skynet smart yet (read: some IT grunt wasn't given the order to uncheck the box for sending out emails for previous model years). Improving quality isn't just a mindset on the shop floor. That's an indication they need to address the whole company

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I work in a dealership. Back ordered part and assembly line parts shortages are real things. I have 5 stores and run approx. 1850 back ordered lines at any given time right now. Reread that. 1850+ back ordered lines with multiple quantities on most. I have a wire harnesses that 8+ months out with no ETA. I have EGR valves that finally made it stateside only to fail inspection and be scrapped with no ETA. I had fuel filters on back order and they were at sea so long they rusted. the manufacturer had to scrap 7 containers. This above is much better than it was during the height of Covid. It is a mess out there.
The general public has NO idea what a mess this continues to be. We’re 8 + months out also on some equipment/parts and I’m in a different industry. This is actually a downplayed disaster.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is they stopped making the Mach 1 almost 2 months ago. They just won't cancel my order
I would hope Ford reaches out to you and offers you a Dark Horse similarly equipped before the March orders. If they stopped production and left you hanging that's ridiculous, all supply chain issues aside.

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs

If you received this consider yourself lucky. I ordered my GT the day order banks opened and I have not heard a single thing since they acknowledged my order.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
The general public has NO idea what a mess this continues to be. We’re 8 + months out also on some equipment/parts and I’m in a different industry.
Yep. IDK about you, but when we are late on a part...it's literally just "past due". Usually zero clue when it's coming once it's past due. Could be 5 days, could be 50. That's both with parts we manufacture, and also parts from other suppliers lol.

Rfort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392
I ordered my DH back in March on the first day the order bank opened up and got my build date from Ford for June 26th and have not received anything to date to change that. Hope I'm one of the Lucky ones to get one sooner than later. But I'm in no hurry rather have it right!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.