• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ordered DH on March 10, no vin at dealership and haven’t received email from Ford congratulations on a order. This is not what I’ve seen in the past.
Orders opened March 27, how did you order on March 10?
I had the same thought.
Just speculating, but maybe he gave his dealer the order on 3/10 (since the price/order guide was available) and then the deler officially entered it 3/27.
Sponsored

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
To be fair, my heart still tells me July. But my brain is starting to think the 2024 Mustang has a strong emphasis on the 2024 part.
If that's the case and I gotta wait 9 months when I could have gotten a different car in 3 to 4 months. I'm probably gonna go a different route. There is just too much unknown with Ford when it comes to ordering from them. Some people got build dates after ordering weeks later before those who ordered when the order banks opened up with the same exact build. So that's so fucked up on ford part. And it makes no sense how stupid that is. Finish those builds for 3/27 first then move down the line.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that's the case and I gotta wait 9 months when I could have gotten a different car in 3 to 4 months. I'm probably gonna go a different route. There is just too much unknown with Ford when it comes to ordering from them. Some people got build dates after ordering weeks later before those who ordered when the order banks opened up with the same exact build. So that's so fucked up on ford part. And it makes no sense how stupid that is. Finish those builds for 3/27 first then move down the line.
In Ford's defense, they can only build cars with the material they have on hand. So if someone ordered a spec on 3/27 that requires parts which are delayed or are limited in quantity, Ford has no choice but to push it to the back of the line.

Now, could Ford do a much better job with communicating this stuff with their customers? Absolutely. Could Ford do a much better job at improving its supplier relations to help clear up these commodity restraints? Positively yes.

And yes, you can always just go to the dealer and buy whatever cars they have on the lot. It's just that you're not going to get your exact spec and will likely end up paying ADM. You can't have your cake & eat it too.

Last edited:

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
In Ford's defense, they can only build cars with the material they have on hand. So if someone ordered a spec on 3/27 that requires parts which are delayed or are limited in quantity, Ford has no choice but to push it to thhe back of the line.

Now, could Ford do a much better job with communicating this stuff with their customers? Absolutely. Could Ford do a much better job at improving its supplier relations to help clear up these commodity restraints? Positively yes.

And yes, you can always just go to the dealer and buy whatever cars they have on the lot. It's just that you're not going to get your exact spec and will likely end up paying ADM. You can't have your cake & eat it too.
I agree if they were consistent with whats going on. But the issue is there are people who ordered on 3/27 and have not gotten anything. While their are people who order the exact same spec and have build dates after ordering weeks later. Heck even a few people in this group have mentioned that they added stuff to their car later and got a build date immediately after. So that's my issue is that if it's a parts issue cool. But their are people adding to their builds and get a build day. While people with no options still have nothing at all. So the inconsistencies by Ford are horrible bc if you don't have parts, then adding more parts should not speed up a build date. But so far it has. That is my issue with Ford is that getting a build date is extremely random and has no flow. The 3/27 should be built that can be built first then so on. But that's not the case.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Yet another delay ! Probably has something to do with Ford having recently made a major strategic focus on dramatically improving QUALITY CONTROL, so the frustrating Mustang production delays are probably a good sign - and fair to assume they are the result of Ford Fine-Tuning Quality Control issues before releasing them onto the market.

Ford CEO Says Initial Quality Will Be First Progress Metric (fordauthority.com)
"Ford has placed a newfound focus on improving that metric, bringing in talent such as Josh Halliburton – the automaker’s new executive director of quality – who says that these problems will begin to subside in the coming months. In the meantime, Ford CEO Jim Farley believes that improving initial quality will be the first progress metric for the company.

“And on warranty, we’ll see it in initial quality. And then obviously, the warranty cost to be lagging, but you’ll see very quick progress on initial quality. That’s where it’s going to – our fitness there will show up there first,” the Ford CEO said while speaking at the 2023 Wolfe Research Global Auto, Auto Tech, and Mobility Conference.

To date, Farley has taken a much more pessimistic view of Ford’s quality problems than Halliburton, noting that he believes it will take “years” to correct those issues. The automaker is focusing on making improvements in some key areas in an effort to right the ship – improving engineering robustness, reducing complexity, thoroughly testing new vehicles prior to launches, fixing software bugs, elevating supplier quality standards, reducing the number of defects it experiences at its plants, and improving communications with customers regarding recalls."

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys it's my first time buying a car that is not already sitting in dealership's lot. I've got a VIN and the build date of May 22. I'm sure it means the build is going to start on that date. In that case, how long does it usually take for the plant to complete the manufacturing?
Unfortunately your quoted build date is looking rather optimistic, as there have been a series of postponements of Start of Production (Job #1), and is now pushed back to between 5-26 June (as referenced above).

It usually takes one or two days to build, however depending on Options (eg Magnaride which could take longer) and availability of parts.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information! I've ordered 401A without any package that would need black painted roof. Will it still be delayed in that case? I'm just curious because I'm new to this game.
Yes, the previous scheduled Production Start date was 01 May, and this has just been pushed back a Month to 05-26 June, so it is highly unlikely your original Build Date will hold.

Good luck with it, it will be worth the wait!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
How long is it usually from build date to in your drive way?
Some insight I provided to another Member previously:

Being a new model year with differing economic conditions, I'm not sure anyone has a feel for that.

While mine took less than two weeks to arrive, at the other extreme, others have taken 60+ days. Some Members have literally seen their builds sitting at the depot on the other side of the fence, the car waiting for that last convoy to the dealer.

People overseas receiving their cars, tack 30 days onto US transits, minimum. It's actually quite remarkable how quickly, and densely, they can pack and secure all the vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors, construction equipment) to get them on their way. And later unpack.

Once built, the car will go to Ford's staging area. If you look at Goggle Maps, there are a series of large lots in-between the rail yard and the plant at Flat Rock, MI.

Car could rest in staging for a few days or a few weeks. Ford and the shippers want things to be as efficient as possible, with the rail cars (or trucks) as full as possible.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tracking-a-car-shipped-by-rail.171683/#post-3571437

The above thread can provide insight as to how to track. The dealer will also be able to check Ford's systems and identify what the last rail yard or waypoint was.

Skye left Flat Rock, stopped in Chicago for a transfer, stopped in Denver and was then trucked to the dealer. At each transfer, there was a delay of a day or two. YMMV. As you get further out from densely-populated areas, where it takes longer to consolidate loads, expect longer delays.

Once at the dealer, they'll need a few days (about two) to inspect the car and complete any final assembly (seats, spoilers, splitters, etc.)

An average of responses previously put the pick-up mileage at about 8 mi / 13 km. Ford does drive the cars through something of a test course (not a race track). They can sometimes drive them at the different yards. The dealer will drive, to check out and get gas.

A handful can experience shipping damage or mechanical problems along the way. While in-transit, any discussions occur between Ford and the shippers. Ford Performance cannot give insight. The dealer will have zero insight. If going to the depot, they will tell you to contact Ford. Fortunately, these occurrences are quite rare. If they do happen, once you receive the car, most likely neither you nor the dealer will ever know what caused the delay.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered 03/09 got my vin 03/16

C394B56C-97BB-487F-BFE4-C909B14F7873_1_201_a.jpeg
That makes sense though because you're on Canada. The order books did open earlier than 3/27 there.

The other user (per their location) is in Kansas.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
My tracking was updated today. Now I have a blank build date. It was 6/19. I knew not to get my hopes up. Oh well

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Clean Up Scheduling This Week (5/4/23) for June Production Weeks Screenshot_20230505_143155_Chrome~2

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Mine just updated to match the email I already received
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Clean Up Scheduling This Week (5/4/23) for June Production Weeks IMG_8112
Sponsored