• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
I keep going back and forth on the screen.
I can't decide if I like it or hate it
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I keep going back and forth on the screen.
I can't decide if I like it or hate it
I'm also split on it, I really couldn't care less about interior design. This is coming from a design fanatic, I think the most important part about most, if not all cars, is the exterior design. But interior design, meh, it's never really done anything for me. The exterior is the part that's meant to prioritize beauty above all else, and the s650 nails it. The interior should look nice, but focus more on user experience.

With that in mind, it all comes down to how easy the new screens, and other interior elements, are to live with. If it genuinely makes driving the s650 more enjoyable, or easy to live with, I'll give it a pass. It does what it's supposed to.

Kinda like how several elements of the c8's interior design aren't great from an aesthetic standpoint, looking at you wall of buttons. But changes like that apparently make the car feel more natural, engaging, and effortless.

As screens and ambient lighting become more prevalent in interiors, I see a ton of potential for customization as well. We've already seen that fox body style gauges will be an option for the car. I have to believe ford is also planning things like gauges from other historical mustangs amongst other things. So there's some potential to personalize the interior.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Honestly do not like it at all
If they gave it some shape or even sectioned off the gauge cluster I'd be more about it. iE Audi /vw etc. but the screens look just like that, my pc screens at work that I look at 8 hours a day. If there was more shape I could work with it.

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree...I love the screens. Tech turns me on but it just felt like an afterthought that they threw those screens in there. I do love the vents - very Foxbody-esque.
I also agree with possibly customizable use for the future when they unlock the computer and let us use it for boost gauges or something.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
If they gave it some shape or even sectioned off the gauge cluster I'd be more about it. iE Audi /vw etc. but the screens look just like that, my pc screens at work that I look at 8 hours a day. If there was more shape I could work with it.
Your pc-screens(desk) do not do burnouts 😂🤓

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It's better than the exterior for sure. I'd bet we'll see it in a fully electric Mustang (not Mach-E) very soon. It's designed with that in mind.

Funny thing is that all the interior images show the speedometer with a max 140 MPH, instead of the usual 160 MPH.

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
I really like the interior of the S650, with the screen being the biggest reason why. If I had it my way, I'd take the S650 interior and the S550 exterior, and I think that would be absolutely perfect for me. That said, I totally understand why others don't like it. It's definitely one of those things that, at least for now, you're either going to love it or hate it. In my case, I happen to be a millennial (and I fall in the back-half of this generation's defined years), and video games have been a major form of fun and entertainment for me my entire life. So, I probably fit right into the demographic Ford kept referencing during the reveal of the S650 regarding its reason behind the design language of the interior.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
The way I see it, I stare at a screen all day at work, then hold my little screen to answer the phone and check mail and then watch tv on the big screen… enough screens. I just wanna drive my car.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's not how I'd have done the interior. Me? I'd have simply enlarged the 2 screens in the S550, keep them integrated into the dash and keep the double brow and circular air vents. I'm a sucker for the classic style.

That being said, the interior wouldn't be a deal breaker for me and I'm sure when you're sat in the car, it'll be much more agreeable.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Ford needs to make the interior of the convertible strong enough to resist UV damage instead of using the same interior as the coupe.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Its interesting to see how just many cars now have these wide tablet style dash screens. It is clearly a design choice that has gained popularity and is increasingly common in many mid-range and some higher end makes. But it also seems to generate a lot of controversy with many people who seem to strongly dislike them.

But what a lot of people seem to forget is that one you are in the car, the content of the screen is what you really notice and that is where these wide screen really seem to shine. I recently had a ride in Kia Carnival which has a similar layout to the new S650 dash and was impressed with how the useful the screens were. Everything is clear and crisp and the content dynamically changed as you drove (e.g.; turn on the directional signal and a portion of the screen shows an image from a camera mounted by the side mirror, or a parking camera view pops up as soon as you start to pull into a parking space).

I tend to agree that the "stuck on" tablet styling which is so popular now looks a bit crude, but I am much more interested to see the actual S650 screen content. The digital dash content in the S550 401A package is pretty underwhelming, so Ford has a lot of catch up to do here.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens IMG_2819

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
I think the stuck on screens look bad, and especially bad for the instrument screen/ digital gauges. I prefer the instrument gauges to be housed within a separate housing, not one continuous glass panel containing two screens combined with the infotainment screen.

I also think digital instrument gauges are a little gimmicky. Digital screens often mimic actual gauges which makes them cheesy. After having not ridden in my ZL1 for a while and only riding in my wife's Volvo XC90 which has a digital instrument cluster, my son thought my "3D" gauges were super cool. What's old is new agian, I guess. I like the analog gauges and center screen combo in my ZL1.

As far as instrument gauge content, I guess having a long horizontal tach available in most sports cars' "sport" setting helps some people know when to shift.

My Supra has a combination screen/analog tach (the 1, 2, 3, etc. numbers are physical numbers raised above the screen level) and everything else is digital, and the digital/analog combo is pretty cool looking. I do wish it also had a speedometer instead of just displaying digital speed values.
Sponsored