• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Just you. They're almost identical to S550.
thr photos in this set are looking a bit off though. Could be just the wrong lighting and angles. Though this style was meant to be coupled with a wing.
Thankfully we have other photos that show how well proportioned and “hot” the design actually is.
Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
Must admit, maybe it's the angle/lighting but it looks far plainer and similar to a s550.

Especially the front/side pics, if you had told me it Was a s550 with a upgraded front headlight and bonnet scoop I would believe you

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Must admit, maybe it's the angle/lighting but it looks far plainer and similar to a s550.

Especially the front/side pics, if you had told me it Was a s550 with a upgraded front headlight and bonnet scoop I would believe you
Its just an S550 with new sheetmetal and dash. Nothing new underneath except the dual intake.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I feel like The sheer amount of people posting strong feels without even googling is on the rise here lately.
The bottom is clearly using the 10th Gen Civic platform. Can’t you see that overhang? What about that dash to axle ratio? I’m surprised it’s not FWD after all.

Ford has lost their way.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Gotta love the comment "It's just an S550 with new sheet metal". Also, somehow, "wow looks totally different, it's like 7 feet longer, looks terrible".

Bruh, take a seat.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I like the side profile of the S650 in this picture, but I wish the line that ran down through the door handle was just a BIT more pronounced. This picture makes it look more prominent than others I've seen due to the lighting.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This picture makes the side profile of the S650 look plain by comparison. I wish we had some pictures like this where the cars are the same color

I like the side profile of the S650 in this picture, but I wish the line that ran down through the door handle was just a BIT more pronounced. This picture makes it look more prominent than others I've seen due to the lighting.
I get what you’re saying, but their new language wouldn’t have worked if they had the same character line treatment running through the shoulder as the S550. The S650’s entire surface around the sides is one continuous contour from shoulder to lower swage. Trace the line that comes up from the base of the front fender, through the door, up the rear QP, and back through the shoulder into the hood. Now picture that entire front end shape and how it sits “into” the rear. They purposefully want that almost convex shape to match the way the rear haunches swell in their own way. The peak is at the shoulder crease, the positive surface above it, and the negative surface is that entire area you just traced, versus isolating all of that to a sharp, singular crease.

Revisiting an old point: because the lines aren’t isolated creases with sharp radii, they’re not going to photograph as easily unless you’re looking at a lighter reflective paint in good lighting.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I get what you’re saying, but their new language wouldn’t have worked if they had the same character line treatment running through the shoulder as the S550. The S650’s entire surface around the sides is one continuous contour from shoulder to lower swage. Trace the line that comes up from the base of the front fender, through the door, up the rear QP, and back through the shoulder into the hood. Now picture that entire front end shape and how it sits “into” the rear. They purposefully want that almost convex shape to match the way the rear haunches swell in their own way. The peak is at the shoulder crease, the positive surface above it, and the negative surface is that entire area you just traced, versus isolating all of that to a sharp, singular crease.

Revisiting an old point: because the lines aren’t isolated creases with sharp radii, they’re not going to photograph as easily unless you’re looking at a lighter reflective paint in good lighting.
Yeah, I get what you’re saying as well. I edited my post because the first part was part of a post I thought I deleted but didn’t, so it didn’t make much sense in context. You’re correct that the lighting makes a big difference. I saw the car at the Charlotte Auto Show and it looked the same as all the other auto show pics, but the lighting there generally sucks compared to an outside photograph. Because that line/crease is slight, it does make it more difficult to capture in pictures versus the S550.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Yeah, I get what you’re saying as well. I edited my post because the first part was part of a post I thought I deleted but didn’t, so it didn’t make much sense in context. You’re correct that the lighting makes a big difference. I saw the car at the Charlotte Auto Show and it looked the same as all the other auto show pics, but the lighting there generally sucks compared to an outside photograph. Because that line/crease is slight, it does make it more difficult to capture in pictures versus the S550.
True that, auto show lighting is rarely favorable lol

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
In line with what you gents are talking about RE styling, check out the below video and fast forward to 8:40.

That lighting makes that line really stand out there. I like it. Now I just need to see a black Dark Horse in good lighting, particularly from the front.
Sponsored