• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It's insane how much better the panel fitment is on the new S650. Not just that, but the overall alignment and congruency of the entire body creates WAY better, uninterrupted reflections. Don't get me wrong, I adore the lines of the S550 and think they nailed it (which is part of why I bought a GT and GT350 and never grew tired of either design), but now that I'm not crying over the loss of the scalloped character lines and starting to pay attention to the overall proportions they were trying to get at, it's making sense.

I hope this panel tolerance isn't just specific to these models (ie I hope Ford didn't spend extra time ensuring perfect fitment on these demo models). It's something that most people don't notice or talk about but creates a serious impact to the overall perceptive quality a car gives off.

I also REALLY like how that rear end looks without a spoiler.

Been paying a lot of attention to the S650 and trying to analyze it with an open mind after soaking it in for a week and it's growing on me like crazy.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
It's insane how much better the panel fitment is on the new S650. Not just that, but the overall alignment and congruency of the entire body creates WAY better, uninterrupted reflections. Don't get me wrong, I adore the lines of the S550 and think they nailed it (which is part of why I bought a GT and GT350 and never grew tired of either design), but now that I'm not crying over the loss of the scalloped character lines and starting to pay attention to the overall proportions they were trying to get at, it's making sense.

I hope this panel tolerance isn't just specific to these models (ie I hope Ford didn't spend extra time ensuring perfect fitment on these demo models). It's something that most people don't notice or talk about but creates a serious impact to the overall perceptive quality a car gives off.

Been paying a lot of attention to the S650 and trying to analyze it with an open mind after soaking it in for a week and it's growing on me like crazy.

#Facts - I hope the GT has a spoiler delete option. In any event - the Bullitt edition is going to look 🥵🔥

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
#Facts - I hope the GT has a spoiler delete option. In any event - the Bullitt edition is going to look 🥵🔥
Every Bullitt version's been a banger. The first Mustang I ever drove was a buddy's '02 Bullitt (I know, the one nobody ever talks about). Had me hooked. I specifically ordered my '15 GT PP in Guard because I wanted the closest thing to a dark green fake-Bullitt that I could get, plus no spoiler <3

Really wish the GT didn't have an MT82. It's literally the only thing making me balk rn. Considering doing the same thing I did last time and getting a GT while holding out for the spicy version down the road.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

To your point about lines - look at this. Some of the best in the biz. I'm not even a red car guy, but this is killer:

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 2024-Ford-Mutang-exterior-design-00007

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison IMG_2236

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
To your point about lines - look at this. Some of the best in the biz. I'm not even a red car guy, but this is killer:

2024-Ford-Mutang-exterior-design-00007.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg
That rapid red photo perfectly shows how well they integrated the front and rear half. It looks like the front half perfectly slots into the swollen rear fenders. Dat power stance.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
There more I see of the 2024, the more I love it. The lines are so much more refined then before. On Gen 6 the lines were always these bulge that combine multiple directions for give it some form. The Gen 7 is much cleaner, most edges are really just the sharp edges.

Look at the lower door line that visually shrinks the heigth, making the car look much sleeker. I love how they added the very small line at the rear to continue the lower door line to the end.
S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 1663925220706

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 1663924916897

This pictures easily shows how tame the Gen 6 looks in comparison. The very soft lines and high doors jus doesn't look as aggressive and sporty as Gen 7.
S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 1663925132856

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 1663924934798

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Silver colors on all s550s have had great impact on the lines and showing them, see if you can find similar pics in ingot silver on the s550s the lines will for sure be more pronounced.

But agreed the S650 is improved on many levels

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great observations Ace. I'm with you, the more I see of S650, the more I love it.

One aspect I didn't like.....or didn't appreciate at first, was the loss of the hard swage line that ran through the top of the door on S550. For me, this followed a styling cue from the '65-68, albeit S550 lost the c-scoop. However, the smoother lines of S650 echo those of the '69 and '70 models (more so the '70, as it lost the "air vent" in the hip kick up).

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 67
S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 70

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 14D50349-85B0-4C0F-9209-AA69B0DDF4DD

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison A54EC284-8BA9-4600-9EC6-C8BE03FC1B3E

Has anybody noticed that in iOS 16 you can touch an item in the photo and it will separate from its background?

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Every Bullitt version's been a banger. The first Mustang I ever drove was a buddy's '02 Bullitt (I know, the one nobody ever talks about). Had me hooked. I specifically ordered my '15 GT PP in Guard because I wanted the closest thing to a dark green fake-Bullitt that I could get, plus no spoiler <3

Really wish the GT didn't have an MT82. It's literally the only thing making me balk rn. Considering doing the same thing I did last time and getting a GT while holding out for the spicy version down the road.
rumor is it's a different MT platform than the mt82... but i can't remember which one exactly..

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Doesn’t work in iPadOS 15.7 so maybe it will work in 16

Remember the Rear Glass appears to be the same as the Original and is not a Perfect Fit!

Panel Fit on the 1st 550s was terrible and only improved marginally as the run continued.

Don’t get cheap on me Dotson!

Ford Should have Sprung for New Glass!

Last edited: